Bit Of A Yarn

ELLERSLIE to sell off HILL

Guest Jakey Boy
2 minutes ago, nomates said:

Too late , only room for one at a time and you seem to have promptly taken that mantle . That takes skill .

Well that's marginally better than 'whatever'.

You have chosen a great user name.

Edited by Jakey Boy

1 minute ago, Jakey Boy said:

Good to see some intelligent debate.

Your making my argument , you came on this site with your first post bagging someone , no intelligent insight , no informed debate or opposing view to any topic discussed , no just some random negative comment , so tell me , who might be 15 ?

Guest Jakey Boy
1 minute ago, nomates said:

Your making my argument , you came on this site with your first post bagging someone , no intelligent insight , no informed debate or opposing view to any topic discussed , no just some random negative comment , so tell me , who might be 15 ?

I merely pointed out that Thomas has never posted a winner before the race in the entire time he's been on here, something Doug has concurred with.

Why do you feel the need to defend him?

Guest Jakey Boy
1 minute ago, nomates said:

Still time for you to show that there is more to you than the vapour thin intellect that you have so far displayed . Try discussing a current racing topic , something within racing that you feel you can contribute intelligent comment on .

Nice bit of obfuscation (look it up in the dictionary you might learn something). I take it you just waved the white flag.

4 minutes ago, Jakey Boy said:

Why do you feel the need to defend him?

I'm not defending him , i'm against the principle that someone who no one has heard from before comes onto the site and the first thing they have to contribute is a personal bagging , if that's all you've got to offer sweet . Having seen your replies i figure you wont have much to offer in regards racing .

3 minutes ago, Jakey Boy said:

You still haven't answered why you feel you need to defend someone who is pretty much a laughing stock on internet forums.

Heard you the first time . Now your just getting boring , i will wait in anticipation of your first contribution to a racing topic . 

Guest Jakey Boy
3 minutes ago, nomates said:

I'm not defending him , i'm against the principle that someone who no one has heard from before comes onto the site and the first thing they have to contribute is a personal bagging , if that's all you've got to offer sweet . Having seen your replies i figure you wont have much to offer in regards racing .

Well that was fun. You just proved a whole load of theories about internet chat sites.

Consider yourself caught.

14 hours ago, Jakey Boy said:

I'm also unaware of any rule that says your first post has to be 'positive'.

This place seems a bundle of negativity but, of course, I could be wrong.

Ease up there Jakey Boy.

You aren't going to endear yourself to many around here with these comments.

Suggest you try posting something positive yourself because all you have done so far is go on full personal attack mode and hijack a thread.

Plus being here 5 minutes isnt enough time to form an opinion on what is posted.  For the time being I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume there is no ulterior motive behind your presence. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jakey Boy said:

Is this actually a known fact or just conjecture?

There doesn't appear to be enough land to really make much financial difference.

I'd venture to say 2 acres sold in the suburb of Ellerslie would be plenty enough to get ya started, surely? 

As you say , not sure of the specifics around it all, thats indeed why I asked.

After catching up with Weigh In today and listening to the ARC man , my first impression was that jumping was not going to be a part of the future of Ellerslie , which would be a great shame . 

I would have thought it would have been easy to say that they still hoped to maintain jumping at Ellerslie when the Strathayr went in but that it was still part of the discussion to be had , but gave nothing to give any indication that it was part of the plan .

I maybe hearing it wrong tho . I'm ambivalent one way or the other , they have so few jumping races there now and the northern meeting isn't what it used to be so what they have now doesn't hold my heart  the way it used to .

• 6 months later...