Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Tips Friday 4th September

In an even kind of race, Race 8 presents Westburn Bliss as my answer to that question at 13ff and 3.90ff

Ran a really good 2.4L 4th against 2 All Stars in Beyond Words and What's Your Secret. Beat home subsequent winner in Off N Gone. Next start at Kurow was a mess with an uncharacteristic break and then got cleaned out round the first bend and was forced wide and ended up a long last but ran on very well to be only 3.4L from the winner.

John Morrison is on and he knows the horse. Usually a a good starter so she may get a cushy run. On paper it is quite an even race but 13s is very backable.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1

Last race 8.35pm?! 

Is this Aussie time, or NZ time? 

If NZ time, this is getting ridiculous, from a viewer's perspective. God it takes me until 7.30pm just to comb my hair, put me teeth in and put on my face. Maybe it's a good thing I can't attend tonight due to the Covid restrictions. I'd never get there in time. 

Great for trainers, drivers, stablehands etc though. Perhaps they deserve it, especially the ones that get up early in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Dougie won't even have finished work lol.

Should be timed to finish about 9.30 and work backwards. Especially with no rugby or other sport on.

I wish, I'm 1 of 3 million stood down workers on Job Keeper here. 

That last trot race had $800 in the win pool here which is pathetic and race 2 $2600.

Too many short price favourites for my betting style tonight but probably good for fixed odds turnover, any time I see 3/4 horses paying under $6 I don't bother betting.

Nice win for Ultimate Stride, good hit out in a quick time from the stand.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dougie said:

That last trot race had $800 in the win pool here which is pathetic and race 2 $2600.

When I read this I kept an eye on the pools before they closed.  About $6k in each of the win and place pools.  Not much in the exotics.  With $12,500 in stakes I'd say they would be way short of paying for them.  Not good at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

When I read this I kept an eye on the pools before they closed.  About $6k in each of the win and place pools.  Not much in the exotics.  With $12,500 in stakes I'd say they would be way short of paying for them.  Not good at all.

Here you only bet fixed odds on NZ trots, I've seen the prices open in the morning and most horses prices don't even change within a 4 hour time frame before the race starts... some of those races at Timaru today had $15k + in the win pool and healthy exotics too.

19 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Here you only bet fixed odds on NZ trots, I've seen the prices open in the morning and most horses prices don't even change within a 4 hour time frame before the race starts... some of those races at Timaru today had $15k + in the win pool and healthy exotics too.

I actually find the gallops just more interesting these days,even the invercargill trot meetings are getting repetitive,hot favourite,same old drivers,even the fields are shrinking,maybe that's why turnover is dropping on harness racing,it is pretty average really.

9 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Amy chance Majestic Action Happy ? 15 horse field will be tough but only $7 ... it's a watch job 

Justin's Sister, best price offered so far this season.

Bit of a lottery to my eyes.

Took the field in the quaddie in a fun bet! Young trotter will have to be good to jump into this class of battle hardened horses.

1 minute ago, Dougie said:

I think so or maybe a touch further north of Welly, his horses are very well mannered in general, someone like him must miss Forbury.

There are a lot of horses trained in that area,despite what some say,just the same as Eastern Southland despite no racing there for now

23 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

This site is a bit different but I have noticed if you want to edit your comment there's a little emblem at the right if you click on that it will lead you there,just a bit different.

It is a bit different. 

This GIF (were they always here?) might get a bit of use on here. Heaven help us.

blah blah blah comedy GIF by Barstool Sports