Bit Of A Yarn

Beteasy Merge with Sportsbet??

Well what a joke. I have given Beteasy a real plug the last few years, but since it merged to Sportsbet, its been crap. 
live chat is terrible, obviously have so many punters complaining, so must have 20 or so punters to each customer service rep. Spent 1 hr trying to find out how to get app on iphone, finally found out, no app, only android?? 
Would not let me deposit, seems i need to be verified again, FFS , they told me it would be an easy transition???

Now i can not withdraw, because my card is not verified??? Yet they let me deposit same account??

Really pissing me off, seems NZ customers will have same issues. 
Anyone else got same issues?

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Well what a joke. I have given Beteasy a real plug the last few years, but since it merged to Sportsbet, its been crap. 
live chat is terrible, obviously have so many punters complaining, so must have 20 or so punters to each customer service rep. Spent 1 hr trying to find out how to get app on iphone, finally found out, no app, only android?? 
Would not let me deposit, seems i need to be verified again, FFS , they told me it would be an easy transition???

Now i can not withdraw, because my card is not verified??? Yet they let me deposit same account??

I logged in the other day got a twenty dollar bonus then lo and behold ,next day got a 250 bonus,that's not bad although they will probably get it back.

As for other issues dont know as yet,I know in nz you cant take money out by card,hopefully my account is verified because going through the verifying process is a pain in the hole with aussie sites,hopefully I wont have to put up with some of that shit.

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Just one question,were you a customer of sportsbet or a new one now?

8 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Just one question,were you a customer of sportsbet or a new one now?

I was initially Beteasy Customer, now Sportsbet. 

Mikey you are probably already Sportsbet customer, so you may be alright. But if you were a Beteasy customer, i would try and deposit & withdraw, see if you can. 

They gave me a free $25 bet initially, then another $25 bet after i told them their service was poor, made money yesterday with their bet return every race rosehill & mel, plus another 8, so 26 all up, that was good. 
But trying to withdraw yesterday, and the hassle live chatting with people obviously swamped, is no fun and bloody annoying. 

They are contacting me tomorrow, accounts are advising what type of verification they are after. 
Strange really, as my address was wiped off contacts, so people should check that. No where on my account said i need to be verified, so advice to beteasy customers who are now SB customers, try and withdraw. 

8 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Mikey you are probably already Sportsbet customer, so you may be alright. But if you were a Beteasy customer, i would try and deposit & withdraw, see if you can. 

They gave me a free $25 bet initially, then another $25 bet after i told them their service was poor, made money yesterday with their bet return every race rosehill & mel, plus another 8, so 26 all up, that was good. 
But trying to withdraw yesterday, and the hassle live chatting with people obviously swamped, is no fun and bloody annoying. 

They are contacting me tomorrow, accounts are advising what type of verification they are after. 
Strange really, as my address was wiped off contacts, so people should check that. No where on my account said i need to be verified, so advice to beteasy customers who are now SB customers, try and withdraw. 

Seems if you dont have a account then you have a new one opened for you,I cant see on my sportsbet app if my account is verified,I think it use to say if I was ,might be ok on desktop,hopefully I'm clear

16 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Probably just want ya drivers licence so dont lose it.

Had an account with Beteasy as they took over Centrebet!

Now Sportsbet has taken over Beteasy!

Thing is I also had an account with Sportsbet, but they didnt like paying out if you were winning and I couldnt get a bet on harness racing after a few months!!!!!

Ladbrokes Australia were just about the same, couldnt get much on at all, so closed the account!

So now only got The Sportsbet account, and will be interesting to see if they are wanting punters now???

Edited by Brodie

I started with Beteasy 2 months ago. Went through all the verification hassles as you do only to find Sportsbet have taken over. Had to repeat verification process again for Sportsbet, but did find it wasn't too hard. Just photographed my passport and sent it as an email. Had no trouble ringing them on their free number of which I used several times. They sent me many emails letting me no about the takeover including the link to the Sportsbet app, had no trouble downloading it onto my android phone. I'm a shocker when it comes to technology, and can barely use my smartphone, but did manage without any outside help. So far I have not withdrawn because my only reason opening the account was to bet on the US election. Could not get a bet on it here with the NZ TAB. Have looked at the odds they offer on racing and find they are far superior across all codes especially the gallops compared to the NZ TAB. If my bet on the US election comes off, I will have a substantial amount of money to withdraw, so that will be interesting. Have found Sportsbets webpage easy to navigate as I did with Beteasy. My opinion, far more informative than the NZ one.

And I am not an employee, but rather a disgruntled punter sick of the short odds on offer here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

I started with Beteasy 2 months ago. Went through all the verification hassles as you do only to find Sportsbet have taken over. Had to repeat verification process again for Sportsbet, but did find it wasn't too hard. Just photographed my passport and sent it as an email. Had no trouble ringing them on their free number of which I used several times. They sent me many emails letting me no about the takeover including the link to the Sportsbet app, had no trouble downloading it onto my android phone. I'm a shocker when it comes to technology, and can barely use my smartphone, but did manage without any outside help. So far I have not withdrawn because my only reason opening the account was to bet on the US election. Could not get a bet on it here with the NZ TAB. Have looked at the odds they offer on racing and find they are far superior across all codes especially the gallops compared to the NZ TAB. If my bet on the US election comes off, I will have a substantial amount of money to withdraw, so that will be interesting. Have found Sportsbets webpage easy to navigate as I did with Beteasy. My opinion, far more informative than the NZ one.

And I am not an employee, but rather a disgruntled punter sick of the short odds on offer here.

Hey Aquaman, did Sportsbet contact you to get verified? 
Also, have you got that free number, i have been on hold for 30 mins today, still cant get to talk to someone. Just elevator music, and some tosser saying i have moved up the line??? Not too impressed by this

Well, after 5 hours on live chat, 3 hours waiting on phone, seems I do not need verification. Seems they are going away from credit card deposits, had to use visa debit? Dont see point really, same bank, which i transfer when i deposit with CC. 

Must admit, even including the NZ Tab, that would be the worst customer experience i have ever had, by far. 
Lets see how they go in the future, otherwise I may be leaving SB

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Seems they are going away from credit card deposits, had to use visa debit? Dont see point really, same bank, which i transfer when i deposit with CC. 

They are the same!  Except for not being able to use credit if your visa account has no positive balance.

Edited by Noodlum

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Hey Aquaman, did Sportsbet contact you to get verified? 
Also, have you got that free number, i have been on hold for 30 mins today, still cant get to talk to someone. Just elevator music, and some tosser saying i have moved up the line??? Not too impressed by this

Yes, they sent me email telling me i will need to get verified again if i wanted to be able to withdraw. Now that i remember, they asked me to photo my Visa debit card blocking the middle 6 digits and to send it via email which i did. Within about 15 hrs it was verified.   Freephone for Sportsbet is      0061 8 8989 3000

• Like 1