Bit Of A Yarn

Glenthorne Drive V The Stipes

59 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

No mention of Just Ace in this race not holding its trail position behind the leader in the straight the first time either.  Allowed CheapCheap to get the trail!

The two are friends and John drives Jason horses often so it's the same as Colin.these stewards are retarded and I could still sue Nick and vinny over the dsq of love the blues costing me a 4k win which it did.peter lamb must go as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Not sure the stipes can dictate how drivers drive. 

If a driver wants to lead they can, can't they? And where is the mention of the other horse and driver responsible for this situation?

image.thumb.png.44ef073211fee0ff2fd9fbac1f8689f8.png

Good points happy. Both K Tomlinson and  K Newman over did it early in that race,but both drove with the intention of securing a position most advantageous to their chances. It was not a prolonged speed duel. I see nothing wrong with the stipes asking the question,and think their passing on advice as to tactics reasonable. But i do think both drivers are smart enough to have worked that out for themselves anyway. 

3 hours ago, Noodlum said:

No mention of Just Ace in this race not holding its trail position behind the leader in the straight the first time either.  Allowed CheapCheap to get the trail!

So it did,but that was because Just Ace failed to respond quickly enough,despite its drivers urgings to maintain the trail. Go have a look at Just ace's previous start at invercargill. It was on and off the bit throughout that race as the pace varied,or it came to a bend,and simply lacks a bit of ringcraft. I agree,this probably should have gotten a mention in the stipes report,but there certainly was no favours given just because the drivers may know each other.

• Like 1