Bit Of A Yarn

Denis Schofield Uodate

Guest CrossCodes

2 hours ago, wally said:

on reflection aqua your statement it wasn't dishonest well what would you call deceiving the  betting public as he want actually training the dogs

The only people here that are dishonest, is Greg Kerr and his band of bandits for allowing the situation in Huntly to exist. This situation had the blessings of the NZGRA. Dennis had been operating under that arrangement for years with the full knowledge of the RIU whom would of carried out inspections from time to time as per the rules. It is not Dennis who was rorting the public, but rather the NZGRA and RIU. They were the guilty parties.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I don't have much sympathy I'm afraid.

Schofields attitude and the way he has spoken to other trainers and industry participants over the years has been horrible, actually quite nasty.

Yes, it is sad to lose another trainer up here in the north as there is quite a small pool of dogs as it is, but life goes on and he will soon be forgotten in a few months time.

Lets just hope David finally gets the help he needs, although this has been going on for so long I fear it may be too late.

I understand the Craiks have taken over most of the Schofield dogs to train?

Doesnt surprise me in that they are lovely people and would do anything to help anyone in need out, let's just hope it all works out.

Its just a pity this much effort by the RIU hasn't gone into the live baiting case which is still dragging on, and has the potential to bring everyone down, not just one trainer.

Quite funny how everyone seems to think Davids at fault. People cannot be further from the truth. Everyone has said hes a p addict yet he has never had one charge, and every time hes been reported by other people in the greyhound industry, police have acted accordingly and hes come up clean (It was even in the newspaper one day that they checked his vehicle and drug tested him). No different this time.

As for the hair follicle that was requested. I have heard that it was requested before the B swab had even returned which is against protocol to begin with as a positive swab is not a positive until both samples have returned. I also heard they went to a number of associates of Davids and drug tested them for p and tried to get them to say he was on p and failed aswell.

As for warning David off, they warned him off because he was apparently exploiting a loop hole. However, that would mean he has done nothing against the rules therefore that warning off was done so illegally. A precedent was set a few years ago when Walsh went to Australia, she had to come back once every 3 months. Denis went to the property twice a week and had discussions about the dogs and was involved with the management of all of them. So again, everything done here was unlawful as the RIU and JCA  have already set a precedent. Plus I know off many trainers that operate in a similar fashion. This is just the tip of the iceberg. There is alot more going on here than meets the eye.

Edited by BitofaLegend
  • Like 2

Guest CrossCodes

Not sure why a young girl like Naiomi O'Reagan got involved, it is now apparent the dogs were only transferred to her name so  Trip To Eden could compete in the Silver Collar, now the dogs are all transferred to the Craik's, why you would allow yourself to be a patsy like that is strange, maybe she was just doing them a favour, but the whole 'she is now living on the property' line we were given has turned out to be nothing but  a lie, not doing the credibility of Dennis any good.

Edited by CrossCodes

49 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Not sure why a young girl like Naiomi O'Reagan got involved, it is now apparent the dogs were only transferred to her name so  Trip To Eden could compete in the Silver Collar, now the dogs are all transferred to the Craik's, why you would allow yourself to be a patsy like that is strange, maybe she was just doing them a favour, but the whole 'she is now living on the property' line we were given has turned out to be nothing but  a lie, not doing the credibility of Dennis any good.

She got involved with honest intentions, unlike the RIU goons that set about destroying her efforts.

There has been debate about Denis Schofield not living on the property his dogs were previously trained.

J T McInerney can't live in both Darfield & Palmerston North, can he?

Who is the registered PUBLIC trainer that resides in Palmerston North?

The Schofield set up was not a one-off instance in NZ.

25 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

There has been debate about Denis Schofield not living on the property his dogs were previously trained.

J T McInerney can't live in both Darfield & Palmerston North, can he?

Who is the registered PUBLIC trainer that resides in Palmerston North?

The Schofield set up was not a one-off instance in NZ.

yan your missing the point he had an unlicensed sworn off person training are mcinerneys doing this

Emma Potts does not live on the property her dogs are trained from. Lisa Cole does not live on her property. Max Mathews does not live on his property. Ben Craik does not live on his property. John Mcinerney does not live on his property at Himatangi. We all know Paul Freeman is the real trainer of Angela Turnwalds dogs. Delwyn Hunt does not live on her property. Just to name a few others for everyone to see.

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, The Truth said:

Emma Potts does not live on the property her dogs are trained from. Lisa Cole does not live on her property. Max Mathews does not live on his property. Ben Craik does not live on his property. John Mcinerney does not live on his property at Himatangi. We all know Paul Freeman is the real trainer of Angela Turnwalds dogs. Delwyn Hunt does not live on her property. Just to name a few others for everyone to see.

more detail please  you dont need to live on the property eg, gai waterhouse chris waller etc

4 hours ago, aquaman said:

She got involved with honest intentions, unlike the RIU goons that set about destroying her efforts.

I withdraw the second part of this statement. My information has been found to be incorrect. There appears to be to many lie's being told, which makes me uncomfortable commenting further on the subject.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wally said:

yan your missing the point he had an unlicensed sworn off person training are mcinerneys doing this

Until very recently, the only time an LP needed to be in control of a greyhound was at a race course.

If mum & dad trainer wanted to go away for the weekend, auntie cat lover was able to look after the flock while they (the LP's) were away.

Now with the new rule in place, it will be in breach of the rules for an LP to leave their dog at a vets office, while they spend half an hour in town tending to other chores.

Edited by Yankiwi

3 hours ago, BitofaLegend said:

Sworn off? He had permission to do everything except to box and catch a dog on course. He was not sworn off at all.

Wrong he is warned off so can't be in a racetrack while races or trials are on. As I'm sure read he is currently warned off

Edited by Bigjay

21 hours ago, aquaman said:

Aquaman, the only way she got involved in this grubby business would be her dad wanting her to help out.

Im reliablely informed Naiomi didn’t want too.

• Like 1