Bit Of A Yarn

Methven Cup

Happy Sunrise

18 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Would you want to be off 30m chasing something like Wild Excuse and Di Caprio over 3000m on a possibly dead track?

Could be a great race.

image.thumb.png.b6b72ea3822bb62a4a6d6eee1c84d716.png

They might get sore feet again and take the week off!!!!! more big fields and big divvies coming up on Sunday.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dougie said:

They might get sore feet again and take the week off!!!!! more big fields and big divvies coming up on Sunday

I think there will be some big divvies but it will be determined by the state of the track.

Really competitive field for the Cup. I wouldn't be surprised if Self Assured got rolled.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I think there will be some big divvies but it will be determined by the state of the track.

Really competitive field for the Cup. I wouldn't be surprised if Self Assured got rolled.

I think that will depend on our friend Mr Lamb. Will it be a fair, clean start or one of his shambles starts? Really, the Purdon/Rasmussen pair are lengths better than anything else in the field. If they get away well they should quinella the race. Spankem went well at Addington in his first start for months so he should improve. There could be some good place prices for the front-row runners. If a roughie gets an economical run it could surprise and pay a dividend at long odds. It will be an interesting race. Unfortunately, the rugby is on on Sunday too so I won't see the race.

Edited by Davis

31 minutes ago, Davis said:

I think that will depend on our friend Mr Lamb. Will it be a fair, clean start or one of his shambles starts? Really, the Purdon/Rasmussen pair are lengths better than anything else in the field. If they get away well they should quinella the race. Spankem went well at Addington in his first start for months so he should improve. There could be some good place prices for the front-row runners. If a roughie gets an economical run it could surprise and pay a dividend at long odds. It will be an interesting race. Unfortunately, the rugby is on on Sunday too so I won't see the race.

Rugby?

Edited by mikeynz

You must be playing because there is no other reason why you couldn't watch the race.

Well I wont be watching the rugby,I temporarily  put sky on hold,dont wanna watch it anyway.i wonder though if they will pause the rugby though and watch the race themselves.😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You must be playing because there is no other reason why you couldn't watch the race.

Er... there could be many reasons why I couldn't watch the race. I am not playing but watching down at the local. I don't think I would be too popular if I asked them to change channels halfway through the rugby test to watch the Methven Cup. That would go down as well as a pint of warm Speights! 🤣

• Haha 1

It does start at 2pm in Australia so all good.

If it's not daylight saving in oz it will be 1pm and in Perth it might be 10am,what a effin shambles lol,probably not even on tv in oz,they dont really play rugby over there.

Edited by mikeynz