Bit Of A Yarn

Betting deductions,clubs income.

mikeynz

In many ways it is poor business restricting,let's say you are a big punter,say putting 75grand on to win or even the place the odds you get are better than you will get with money in the bank,however I reckon in most cases the house always wins in the end because it only takes 1  or 2 to big bets to bum out and the punter loses but the turnover is healthy,be fair to say the TAB did nicely with the draw in the rugby,some big bets would have gone awol,coz the nature of the game finishing the way it did would have beaten most.

I use to try multis in football say for instance 3 or 4 games with 1 goal only,seems simple was simple but always somewhere in my travels you would always get stumped and like snakes and ladders it was go back to the start,winning is not easy.

Just to add to that what do people consider a big bet,5,10,25,50,75,100 thousand or what.

Edited by mikeynz

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

I use to try multis in football say for instance 3 or 4 games with 1 goal only,seems simple was simple but always somewhere in my travels you would always get stumped and like snakes and ladders it was go back to the start,winning is not easy.

Just to add to that what do people consider a big bet,5,10,25,50,75,100 thousand or what.

The NZ TAB considers anything a big bet when it is coming from A restricted punter!

When you have been restricted to being only able to net $100 at one stage, it certainly pisses you off when you hear on Trackside of someone that has been allowed $10k on a harness horse!

Yes the TAB has a badly flawed business module in how they restrict punters to pathetic amounts, and then they say they want to increase turnover!!!

At the expense of increasing turnover they reduced turnover and increased their yield on harness!

What the dickheads dont understand is that they have lost punters and decreased their profit,

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The NZ TAB considers anything a big bet when it is coming from A restricted punter!

When you have been restricted to being only able to net $100 at one stage, it certainly pisses you off when you hear on Trackside of someone that has been allowed $10k on a harness horse!

Yes the TAB has a badly flawed business module in how they restrict punters to pathetic amounts, and then they say they want to increase turnover!!!

At the expense of increasing turnover they reduced turnover and increased their yield on harness!

What the dickheads dont understand is that they have lost punters and decreased their profit,

Do they restrict punters on the gallops or are trots the only ones restricted.

Edited by mikeynz

9 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Do they restrict punters on the gallops or are trots the only ones restricted.

When I spoke to someone at the NZ TAB several years ago, It was only harness punters that were restricted!

Not sure now, but rest assured that if you were a winning punter that backed gallops, you will be restricted!

Thing is backing gallops is for gamblers!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

When I spoke to someone at the NZ TAB several years ago, It was only harness punters that were restricted!

Not sure now, but rest assured that if you were a winning punter that backed gallops, you will be restricted!

Thing is backing gallops is for gamblers!

Maybe some harness racing is too easy and you dont see too many gallops dominated like the Purdons do,greyhounds must be easier in reality.

This comment is about how much on course betting facility is necessary  for low key meetings.When there was the lockdown,the Methven meeting,sept 11 had no oncourse betting,people (owners and hangers on)attending were advised to bet before they arrived on course if they wanted a bet or bet on smartphone,after all that the figures were very good supposedly meaning that people can adapt to reduced on course betting options.

What I'm trying to point out is today they race at Winton,last time they raced there I counted about twelve cars and as many people on the tv so on days like this you probably only need one or two tote windows for the cash only punters,they have reduced the on course tv coverage but mostly it's been ok except for the continual intrusion of dog shit that's being rammed down our throat,I'm not keen on dog shit at the best of times.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1