NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Dunn Saga rolls on...

Happy Sunrise

12 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

. Who are 'some'?

Not gonna mention names, but not just ex employees that have had finger pointed at them. 

I’m sure many on here know of others . 

That’s my main point, it’s not just the Dunn’s under spotlight, others as well. 

Why the truth needs to come out, 

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Which is?

I don’t know for sure. I have my views, which I will keep to myself. 

I just find it hard, after 12 months, that we are no closer to what really happened. 

We need ex employees to come on here and give their views, 

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

I don’t know for sure

But that is it, isn't it? Only a certain few would know and they are highly unlikely to say anything.

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

We need ex employees to come on here and give their views, 

That would achieve nothing as the positions of all involved are somewhat precarious and could incriminate themselves or others.

One only has to think back to the accusatory thread of legal action on RC about this to see where that gets you.

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

But that is it, isn't it? Only a certain few would know and they are highly unlikely to say anything.

That would achieve nothing as the positions of all involved are somewhat precarious and could incriminate themselves or others.

One only has to think back to the accusatory thread of legal action on RC about this to see where that gets you.

Too true, that’s one reason I do not want to say much. 

But at the same time, others may also want to clear their names 

What you are both missing here is the one question on everyone's lips 

Why the hell do we have a RIU  if it wont do its job properly in light of the overwhelming  evidence presented to it. 

I think it's actions or more to the point lack of action is deplorable., and it should be taken to task. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

On 10/06/2018 at 1:44 PM, Newmarket said:
1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Can someone tell me this. 

How come their fines are less than recent fines to Don Burrows and Bruce Negus? 

Is it because of their records over the years, maybe they get good discounts for every offence? 

No, it is because the RIU know that  the Dunn’s were not involved in giving the horses Coca Cola or a coffee before racing!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Can someone tell me this. 

How come their fines are less than recent fines to Don Burrows and Bruce Negus? 

Is it because of their records over the years, maybe they get good discounts for every offence? 

stipes and riu are to matey with leading trainers and poor old owner trainer get trashed again that's why fines are higher

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Brodie said:

No, it is because the RIU know that  the Dunn’s were not involved in giving the horses Coca Cola or a coffee before racing!

What a stupid comment. 

RIU has no idea of what happened. 

Other 2 trainers have had squeaky records for their entire training career, yet are fined more? You need to do a bit more homework. Remember Kirk Larson case also? 

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Portfolio said:

What a stupid comment. 

Other 2 trainers have had squeaky records for their entire training career, yet are fined more? You need to do a bit more homework. Remember Kirk Larson case also? 

Very odd. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

What a stupid comment. 

Bullshit. The RIU  knew full well what happened, they didn't act on the evidence presented through total incompetance. Leo was right in presuming " dead body's being buried, they knew they had cocked up and tried to save face with a small fine . Nothing to do with previous records.

You clowns out to stop your witch hunt, it's be comming tedious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Bullshit. The RIU  knew full well what happened, they didn't act on the evidence presented through total incompetance. Leo was right in presuming " dead body's being buried, they knew they had cocked up and tried to save face with a small fine . Nothing to do with previous records.

You clowns out to stop your witch hunt, it's be comming tedious.

Kirk Larson was not charged when his horse Melina Lowe returned positive in 2016. 

Seeing you know everything, tell me why. 

One thing I hate about all of this, and it’s not just the Dunn stable, but many of our top class trainers. 

There is little accountability now, so many argue this and that, they wiggle their way out of most situations then get a small fine and a slap on the hand, then up they pop again in a year or 2. 

Will leave it at that now, 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Portfolio said:

What a stupid comment. 

Portfolio, of course the RIU know that the Dunn’s didn’t give the horses Caffeine or they wouldn’t have reduced the fine etc.

The horses raced obviously with Caffeine a banned substance so that is why they were fined.

As for the Kirk Larson case there were extenuating circumstances weren’t there.

Edited by Brodie

7 hours ago, Portfolio said:

RIU never charged Kirk Larson. Obviously they were 100% sure he was innocent. 

Wonder what the stable was that night, that had drug on racecourse? 

https://I.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/sport/89418954/kirk-larson-cleared-after-judicial-investigation

Yes, it was interesting that Larson was cleared. Nothing seems too consistent.....that's for sure.

You gonna tell us who the stable was that had illegal substance? I don't remember anyone charged for drug on course that night....why weren't they charged? Once again....horse gets disqualified....but nobody charged?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Interesting post on RC, must be ok to post here, as we know Scoobs would have deleted it if he had doubts! Interesting post indeed, 

4F7A0159-AE1F-48D7-9B11-1976E350EB14.png

Think he'll be waiting quite awhile for that person to reply with the truth. Think he uses his own name on Racecafe and is a driver of the younger generation and also does a few selections on Hrnz site.