Bit Of A Yarn

Cox Plate 2020

Chief Stipe

I'm a fan of Humidor,so i will plonk for him, But the draw does him no favours as he will have no option but too go back,and then hope for a lot of luck,but stranger things have happened. And for some reason am warming a little too Probabeel,i saw her gallop the other morning,and she looked to stride out nicely. Drawn nice so is not without a decent chance in my opinion. Am sure it will be a cracker of a race again.

10 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Interesting runner in race 2 tonight at the Valley, should be worth a bet. Feel The Rush 3rd in the NZ Oaks to Jennifer Eccles. Loves the mud and presently paying 41's. Distance will suit. I got 71's yesterday.

Are you sure the track will go off that quickly?

The Strathayr holds up pretty good and doesn't get heavy as we know it.

Currently a Good 4.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Are you sure the track will go off that quickly?

The Strathayr holds up pretty good and doesn't get heavy as we know it.

Currently a Good 4.

Last time it rained at the Valley when racing was in progress, and from memory that was about two months ago, it opened up very quickly. But whether this will be the case in the 2nd is a moot point. Suppose it will depend on how much rain falls this afternoon. I'm banking on the Manikato which is the last tonight being a very heavy track, and for that reason have backed Bella Vella at 12's, now into 11's.

23 minutes ago, curious said:

Should hardly affect the Strathayr?

The racing.com review of the Manikato said the track firmed as the night went on.

14mm plus what is forecast for this morning will downgrade the track.  But the Strathayr does improve quickly.

Just checked now up to 18mm but forecast to stop raining by 8am.