Bit Of A Yarn

A BOAY Annual Subscription

Mikie

A Subscription gives you “FREEDOM to post your own opinions and views (still free)”

Replaced by “FREEDOM to post your own opinions and views unless you are picking on Brodie, in which case you will either be moderated or the Owner of the Site will call you a shit stirrer”

Mikie

4 minutes ago, Mikie said:

A Subscription gives you “FREEDOM to post your own opinions and views (still free)”

Replaced by “FREEDOM to post your own opinions and views unless you are picking on Brodie, in which case you will either be moderated or the Owner of the Site will call you a shit stirrer”

Mikie

Geez Mikie, you are antagonistic!

The Chief provides a site for anyone to post without too much censorship!

Now you are just being antagonistic for the sheer hell of it!

Surely you have learnt to do things in your time off!

Hi Mikie

Maybe you were feeling frustrated, then that went to something like, (understandably) disappointment, when being called a name. Thing to remember is viewers can read what has been and hasn't been said. 

Back to racing, Alex tonight, Group 1, 3y-o fillies Sires Stakes, its still hard to pick the top 1 of this crop. I like the 2 Sweet Lou fillies. I wonder if in time, Sweet Lou will eventually take the NZ top sire from Bettors Delight. Based on his 2019 and also 2020 numbers he serviced and his start / win strike rate. 

27 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Hi Mikie

Maybe you were feeling frustrated, then that went to something like, (understandably) disappointment, when being called a name. Thing to remember is viewers can read what has been and hasn't been said. 

Back to racing, Alex tonight, Group 1, 3y-o fillies Sires Stakes, its still hard to pick the top 1 of this crop. I like the 2 Sweet Lou fillies. I wonder if in time, Sweet Lou will eventually take the NZ top sire from Bettors Delight. Based on his 2019 and also 2020 numbers he serviced and his start / win strike rate. 

Thanks Karrot, you would be correct

Pissed off rather than disappointed

Anyway, as you said, back to the racing

Tossed up between Vincent and Sweet Lou last year

Went Vincent and this year, Betting Line

My track record as a Breeder isn't good, sold mare the year she left (or possibly the year before) Mighty Conqueror

Mikie

Yes I had read that you have a 1 month old Vincent. I hope that the new wee arrival is a success for you. 

I purchased a Sweet Lou at the weanling sales. My 1st harness horse. Exciting. A Sweet Lou. 

I would be interested in Brodies thoughts, on if he thinks Sweet Lou might be the 1 that dethrones Bettors Delight ... Not because I have a Sweet Lou, but more out of the stats ....

Take a look at American Ideal, Art Major, Bettors Delight or any other sire for that matter. Compare the numbers from 2016 / 2018, they all serviced more than Sweet Lou. However 2019 and 2020, and I would be interested in seeing the 2021 figures, that changes and Sweet Lou (the North American peoples horse) overtakes them, in numbers served. Take a look also at the starter - winners rate. No idea, how the top sire is equated, most stake, winners, or what.

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Yes I had read that you have a 1 month old Vincent. I hope that the new wee arrival is a success for you. 

I purchased a Sweet Lou at the weanling sales. My 1st harness horse. Exciting. A Sweet Lou. 

I would be interested in Brodies thoughts, on if he thinks Sweet Lou might be the 1 that dethrones Bettors Delight ... Not because I have a Sweet Lou, but more out of the stats ....

Take a look at American Ideal, Art Major, Bettors Delight or any other sire for that matter. Compare the numbers from 2016 / 2018, they all serviced more than Sweet Lou. However 2019 and 2020, and I would be interested in seeing the 2021 figures, that changes and Sweet Lou (the North American peoples horse) overtakes them, in numbers served. Take a look also at the starter - winners rate. No idea, how the top sire is equated, most stake, winners, or what.

best luck with your sweet Lou they are very nice horses karrots

• Like 2

i really like what always b miki s first crop is doing stateside currently third behind captaintreachous and somebeachsomewhere on money won but currently has top 2 colts up there both won there heat of breeders crown easily last week final tommorow worth watching at hoosier park indiana also had a filly win a heat of there division as well. going on what he done as a racehorse his worst season was as a 2 yr old 12 starts for 2 wins and only went 1.53 but the older he got the better he went so expect his progeny to do likewise it will be interesting to see how his first couple of crops go hear not sure what calibre of mares he would have got but seams to be crossing well with a range of sires in usa

• Like 1

Hi Trostfan, thank you for your feedback. Yes I saw Always B Miki was the top racehorse. I have not followed his prodigy yet, but am interested to know how he is going in NA. Thanks for the info. Ill start following more. I have not looked at his NZ sire fee or the amount of NZ mares he has served. On my weanling sales shortlist, I had an Always B Miki horse, however it went out of budget, so could not bid on it. Feel/felt like Miki and Lou, were/are affordable, however Treachous, out of budget. Thats why I feel like Sweet Lou, might just be the stallion that takes the crown ...

Many thanks, Hunter the Punter for your positive vibes. He is turning out to be quite handsome, much better looking than when brought. His downfall is he chases the cows. A new game, when he learnt they were afraid of him. So had to be separated. 

Well the 2 Sweet Lou fillies tonight, finished 2nd and 3rd respectively. Hard over a mile at Alex. 

• Champ Post 1