Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury Claiming Race

Happy Sunrise

Big and interesting (for some) field in the claimer at Forbury on Friday night.

Brian Norman is trying to get rid of a few cheaply and some are over the odds. Not sure I would be paying 10 000 for a horse out of a claimer either.

From my highly unprofessional eye (not even amateur status) I would buy Real Dash as I think he could do with a change of scenery and is capable of doing a little more....$5000 is not too bad and he has the lowest rating of them all. 

Not everyone's cup of tea but thoughts on who you would buy?

Good on Forbury with attempting to the keep claiming races going too.

image.png.dca741d534ce03fbcc0695dfd0bd5bba.png

2 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Funny I was just looking at that....but thought the interesting horse in that race was major hippie was that a purdon cast off?

Major Hippie was with the AllStars.

There were several on that other site that kept saying that he was going to be a champ.

I said that he wasn’t and now he is in a claimer.

Goes a bit rough at times and if it was going any good you wouldn’t honk it would be in a Forbury claimer and cheap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I see the mett has a $14000 FFA programmed for Thursday with only 2 nominated, what's going on with our industry at the moment

Yes there were several races a bit short on nominations.

Winter is actually a good time for reasonable middle class horses to make a dollar as the AllStars horses are in the paddock and the fields are thin.

Nelson wouldn’t have had anything to do with it either!

Puzzling really.

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes there were several races a bit short on nominations.

Winter is actually a good time for reasonable middle class horses to make a dollar as the AllStars horses are in the paddock and the fields are thin.

Nelson wouldn’t have had anything to do with it either!

Puzzling really.

Its a shame, even more reason to sell your horse o/s when its at a reasonable rating, can't get a start in winter and runs into all stars the rest of the year.. bingo!!

• Like 1