Bit Of A Yarn

Dark Horse

nomates

There is a documentary on Maori TV tonight , 8.30pm , called Dark Horse , fantastic watch about a bunch of working class people who breed and race a horse in the UK , funny , exciting , emotional , but overall a great story of horse racing and peoples love for their horse . Enjoy .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nomates said:

There is a documentary on Maori TV tonight , 8.30pm , called Dark Horse , fantastic watch about a bunch of working class people who breed and race a horse in the UK , funny , exciting , emotional , but overall a great story of horse racing and peoples love for their horse . Enjoy .

On Pakeha TV over here tonight there's a story about the Melbourne Cup, and a group of people that beed horses, namely the Sheik and Qatar's ruler Sheik no 2..........wife bashers, send Homosexuals to jail or in some cases execute them, did I say Misogynists, racists, human rights abusers.......I'm bullshitting of course, there's no tv show about them, because the elitists here kowtow to them, swept under the carpet, the hypocrisy and sychophanting is despicable, but of course we just can't do without these good old boys,,,,,,,can we?

4 hours ago, nomates said:

Watched it.  Great story and thanks for reminding me to watch it.

Maybe we could all put $10 in a week........

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

And I see they are jumping up and down after a horse in the Cup today got put down. They must go berserk watching the Grand National.

Showed AVD breaking down on the TV1 news with a spotlight on him with his fractured leg swinging around , i thought it was just a despicable and inflammatory thing to highlight at dinner time . Kids and teenagers could well have seen it , absolutely no need , but sensationalism is what it's all about now .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nomates said:

I've got up this morning and the only MC story is the jocks getting heavy fines and suspensions for whip abuse . Saying that we don't help ourselfs , just because it's a huge race doesn't mean normal rules go out the window .

The whip rules are a farce and were only ever a sop to the do gooders.  Trying to quantify and measure the whip use is a waster of time.  A jockey gets a heavy fine if he miss counts by 1 or 2 hits within a certain distance!  Expecting the jockey to count the hits AND the distance on the track AND steer the horse AND stay in the stirrups is prone to error.

Does anyone actually think that the do gooders will stop at the whip?  No they want racing banned.  I agree with the Chief - don't give an inch!

The woman on the radio from SAFE now going on about the poor horse and the whip causing the fracture so "we could all have a bet and forget about it the next day".  What absolute BS.  The owners of AvD will be absolutely devastated today.  He was a fine looking animal.  The financial loss would be huge.

An Epsom Derby winner who had competed successfully all over the world.  Rare to see a Derby winner do that nowadays.

20 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

The whip rules are a farce and were only ever a sop to the do gooders.  Trying to quantify and measure the whip use is a waster of time.  A jockey gets a heavy fine if he miss counts by 1 or 2 hits within a certain distance!  Expecting the jockey to count the hits AND the distance on the track AND steer the horse AND stay in the stirrups is prone to error.

Does anyone actually think that the do gooders will stop at the whip?  No they want racing banned.  I agree with the Chief - don't give an inch!

The woman on the radio from SAFE now going on about the poor horse and the whip causing the fracture so "we could all have a bet and forget about it the next day".  What absolute BS.  The owners of AvD will be absolutely devastated today.  He was a fine looking animal.  The financial loss would be huge.

An Epsom Derby winner who had competed successfully all over the world.  Rare to see a Derby winner do that nowadays.

You sound like Brodie.

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You sound like Brodie.

Not even close.

Next radio interview this morning proves my point.  This particular woman is saying that all animal based gambling should be banned!  "The horse is a beautiful sentinel animal that shouldn't be subjected to this abuse."  FFS!  Start selling your pigeons!

Happy if you give them an inch you may as well close your TAB account and sit in your backyard watching caterpillars race over your cabbages!