Bit Of A Yarn

Racing dates overkill.

mikeynz

Rangiora on Wednesday,Oamaru on Saturday,Banks Peninsula Sunday,lots of racing,then next week its Orari and Addington the day after,then the week after that its Timaru on Saturday then Akaroa on the Sunday then The week after that 2 Addington meetings and Methven on the Sunday,do we need this amount of racing and is it not a contributing reason with Forbury getting midweek meetings in between that is to that clubs detriment, having said that a positive way is looking at the fact that so many meetings on then in the eyes of the suits they must be doing ok,if they weren't they wouldn't have the number of days.............flip side on the other side of the coin ,southern gallops had 2meetings in 6 weeks earlier on and now Canterbury have no gallops I think for 3 weeks,so in reality is there a bit of unbalanced calandar between the codes?

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Rangiora on Wednesday,Oamaru on Saturday,Banks Peninsula Sunday,lots of racing,then next week its Orari and Addington the day after,then the week after that its Timaru on Saturday then Akaroa on the Sunday then The week after that 2 Addington meetings and Methven on the Sunday,do we need this amount of racing and is it not a contributing reason with Forbury getting midweek meetings in between that is to that clubs detriment, having said that a positive way is looking at the fact that so many meetings on then in the eyes of the suits they must be doing ok,if they weren't they wouldn't have the number of days.............flip side on the other side of the coin ,southern gallops had 2meetings in 6 weeks earlier on and now Canterbury have no gallops I think for 3 weeks,so in reality is there a bit of unbalanced calandar between the codes?

There will be lots of slow, tired horses running around and picking a winner will be hard. Brodie will love fields like that but he is a master punter.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Forbury Wednesday,top stake 7500,Methven following on from 2 average addingtons,add Winton racing next saturday,Rangiora Sunday,be interesting to see how Forbury go,these are the sort of meetings that seem to be passing by mostly unnoticed,judging by turnover stats,even a 5 o clock start is a unusual time,most people are just leaving work,who comes up with these ideas,just to add if Forbury are being regarded as a winter racing place why not Sundays instead of cold Thursday nights,do addington need those Sundays?

Mikeynz

The amount of horses trained in Canterbury dictate the amount of racedays

Im not commenting on the venues, just the number of racedays

If the fields  are full or even just adequate, surely that’s better than gallops from Mongolia?

Its the North Island that had the most worrying problem

I’m not anti ATC at all, I won 2 Country Cup Finals there and it was a pleasure being up there, but how long before someone wakes up and realises that with their small fields that racing on a Friday night against Addington is just cannibalising Turnover. This comment isn’t aimed at this week or last weeks race nights, being Feature meetings

Mikie

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Mikeynz

The amount of horses trained in Canterbury dictate the amount of racedays

Im not commenting on the venues, just the number of racedays

If the fields  are full or even just adequate, surely that’s better than gallops from Mongolia?

Its the North Island that had the most worrying problem

I’m not anti ATC at all, I won 2 Country Cup Finals there and it was a pleasure being up there, but how long before someone wakes up and realises that with their small fields that racing on a Friday night against Addington is just cannibalising Turnover. This comment isn’t aimed at this week or last weeks race nights, being Feature meetings

Mikie

Maybe Auckland could have raced last night,instead of competing with another meeting.