Bit Of A Yarn

Rigging Races

is this actually rigging races?

What rules are being broken?

where are the charges?  

Couldn't the RIU have turned up at the kennel on the day of nomination - knowing the history and vetted the dogs?

Wheres the victim in this atrocity that keeps occurring. Heaven forbids a trainer shows some initiative to get some distance racing going in an area the NZGRA have failed through their minimum starter field policy.

nahh, bugger the c2 distance lets have another c1 sprint.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crosscoded said:

is this actually rigging races?

What rules are being broken?

where are the charges?  

Couldn't the RIU have turned up at the kennel on the day of nomination - knowing the history and vetted the dogs?

Wheres the victim in this atrocity that keeps occurring. Heaven forbids a trainer shows some initiative to get some distance racing going in an area the NZGRA have failed through their minimum starter field policy.

nahh, bugger the c2 distance lets have another c1 sprint.

Thats not the point. Nominating dogs with no intention of racing them is very bad and its become a joke. The same trainer does this sort of thing every week and the riu and nzgra cant enforce their own rules.

• Champ Post 2

3 hours ago, crosscoded said:

1) is this actually rigging races?

2) What rules are being broken?

3) where are the charges?  

4) Couldn't the RIU have turned up at the kennel on the day of nomination - knowing the history and vetted the dogs?

1) Yes.

2) Field Manipulation, refer Gibbonator. http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-pb-freeman-decision-dated-8-january-2015?searchterm=gibbonator

3) That's the point, there have been no charges (or investigation most likely).

4) Yes.

With the history, why isn't the RIU doing anything about it?

They had him here but the braille squadron charged him under the incorrect rule... idiots....

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-a-turnwald-decision-dated-21-december-2017-chair-mr-p-williams

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

1) Yes.

2) Field Manipulation, refer Gibbonator. http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-pb-freeman-decision-dated-8-january-2015?searchterm=gibbonator

3) That's the point, there have been no charges (or investigation most likely).

4) Yes.

With the history, why isn't the RIU doing anything about it?

They had him here but the braille squadron charged him under the incorrect rule... idiots....

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-a-turnwald-decision-dated-21-december-2017-chair-mr-p-williams

Okay, devils advocate here I go.

1) how is the race rigged, any trainer can nominate for the race and are drawn into the field based on selection criteria, if trainers choose not to nominate and someone has a kennel full of stayers what are they to do?  If the dogs are nominated while still being injured then is that breaking any rules.... I'm sure you will be able to look this up Yankiwi.

ps.  I want to buy a staying dog and race it in the cd, at least they have a race every week :)

2) the charge to which you refer is about a dishonest act, not field manipulation, where in the report is there a reference to field manipulation, admittedly I've skim read it but I cant see it.

Also, the charges relate to paul freeman but A turnwald is the trainer of these dogs.

3) if the rules are broken, would there not be charges??? if you know that the rules are being broken and you are not reporting are you just as bad as the rule breaker? Why don't you ring up Peter Earley on a Wednesday when Godber is on the radio and lay your complaint on air, if you feel so strongly, surely then it cant be ignored.

I go back to my closing statement on the previous post.

what are the rules being broken?? numbers please and who are the victims, because without either of those established, there could never be any charges laid. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

25 minutes ago, crosscoded said:

Okay, devils advocate here I go.

1) how is the race rigged, any trainer can nominate for the race and are drawn into the field based on selection criteria, if trainers choose not to nominate and someone has a kennel full of stayers what are they to do?  If the dogs are nominated while still being injured then is that breaking any rules.... I'm sure you will be able to look this up Yankiwi.

ps.  I want to buy a staying dog and race it in the cd, at least they have a race every week :)

2) the charge to which you refer is about a dishonest act, not field manipulation, where in the report is there a reference to field manipulation, admittedly I've skim read it but I cant see it.

Also, the charges relate to paul freeman but A turnwald is the trainer of these dogs.

3) if the rules are broken, would there not be charges??? if you know that the rules are being broken and you are not reporting are you just as bad as the rule breaker? Why don't you ring up Peter Earley on a Wednesday when Godber is on the radio and lay your complaint on air, if you feel so strongly, surely then it cant be ignored.

I go back to my closing statement on the previous post.

what are the rules being broken?? numbers please and who are the victims, because without either of those established, there could never be any charges laid. 

1st Link - Gibbonator… Trainer was Freeman/Turnwald until the heat over it got turned up & all the dogs were transferer to solely AT.

Dishonest act was the charge that was admitted... the underlying factor which led to the dishonest act...

3.3 but the fact remains that in as much as the backdating of the scratching of Gibbonator preserved its opportunity to run in the Galaxy series it also at the same time preserved its opportunity to win the prize money on offer. We think it unlikely that Mr Freeman would have acted as he did simply to enable Gibbonator to run at the Christchurch meeting without regard to the stake money on offer.

2nd Link - Viva La Vixen...

15] In follow-up discussions it was clearly established that VIVA LA VIXEN had been correctly nominated for the race and in being scratched on the morning of the races Ms Turnwald had not breached Rules 40.1 and 40.3 which relate to the scratching of a greyhound. Mr Irving suggested that Ms Turnwald and Mr Freeman (her stable representative and President of the Palmerston North Greyhound Racing Club) had nominated 8 greyhounds for the Race to ensure the Race went ahead and, once that was confirmed, the RIU were advised that VIVA LA VIXEN would be scratched as it had been put into the race in error. Mr Irving described this as “field manipulation” because a sprinting greyhound had been nominated for a staying race but conceded he had no evidence to support his comments.

21] The Committee cannot consider the matter of possible field manipulation raised by Mr Irving as the issue was not raised with Ms Turnwald prior to the hearing and she has not had the opportunity to the respond to the comments made today by Mr Irving and Mr Austin.

Had the RIU charged for a dishonest act or field manipulation initially, I suggest the case would have ended with a completely different finding.

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

8 hours ago, JasonMc said:

I have to agree with cross code re not rigging as any trainer can nominate for the said race no different to a full field of Cole or Mcin dogs but if dogs nommed aren't eligible or no intention to start that is a different matter.

Thanks Jason,

The JCA, RIU, trainer & Mr Freeman all agreed that there was no intention to start Viva La Vixen, as it is a sprinter.

What about the two dogs scratched on the 1st of June?

Were they not "used" then scratched to fill a field of 8?

https://www.grnz.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=28245

https://www.grnz.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=28933

image.png

Guest CrossCodes

I wonder if all 8 starters will line up in Fridays 755m race, maybe Matt Roberts didn't give Freeman the memo about setting that race up?

It seems Jake Bell is being used as the 'patsy' with his dogs to make up the fields for the Matt Roberts dogs, it has been happening for weeks, with Bell's dogs hardly being competitive.

I just hope the dogs being put in the race to make up the numbers get through it unscathed, can't call yourself a trainer making dogs do things like that.

2 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I wonder if all 8 starters will line up in Fridays 755m race, maybe Matt Roberts didn't give Freeman the memo about setting that race up?

It seems Jake Bell is being used as the 'patsy' with his dogs to make up the fields for the Matt Roberts dogs, it has been happening for weeks, with Bell's dogs hardly being competitive.

I just hope the dogs being put in the race to make up the numbers get through it unscathed, can't call yourself a trainer making dogs do things like that.

just had look at their form i think your right

What's even more surprising to me is that it's a C2D race.

Of the eight entrants, two are C1 & six are C0...

Eight dogs with two distance wins in total between them all & racing in the top grade for top grade stakes...

image.thumb.png.60b01e925bc0ac47d3dbaab6bad629fa.png

I understand a new monument is being erected outside the GRNZ headquarters.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Edited by Yankiwi

Guest CrossCodes

No surprise to see Jake scratched his two 'fill in' dogs from the distance race tonite got, not that they were ever going to run anyway.

Its becoming a joke there now with a certain couple of trainers taking the piss and the thick stipes just letting them away with it.......farcical.

18 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

No surprise to see Jake scratched his two 'fill in' dogs from the distance race tonite got, not that they were ever going to run anyway.

Its becoming a joke there now with a certain couple of trainers taking the piss and the thick stipes just letting them away with it.......farcical.

why were they scratched and absolute joke