Bit Of A Yarn

Trevor Wilkes

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

Time for Andy McCook to take over the reins as the caller for Addington I believe.

Watching race 1 from Addington he calls the 6 dog home the winner, it got beaten nearly a length! Still calling it the winner after the race, even after the replay has gone up!

Everything must come to an end at some stage, the last few weeks he has made a lot of mistakes in his commentating and it seems to be getting worse. 

Im sure he's a top bloke but fair dinkum, that was a shocker to say the very least.

I have known Trev well for over 30 years but it is clearly time to pull the plug as that was a bloody shocker and those calls are coming more frequently. Sorry Trev good bloke but that doesn’t cut it.

To be honest there’s only one person you would call a race caller and that’s Brian Martin who of course was unceremoniously dumped by  Rosonowski and to be honest his calls are worse than Trevs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

I agree with your sentiments Arsenic, but lets be honest, there is only two good dog callers, and they are Jason Teaz and Pearly. And for my money Jason is lonely.

Used to think peter early was great. Than you try to listen to him on the radio and your opinion changes very quickly, hes terrible. The oldies should step down and allow a few newbies to take over

Edited by BitofaLegend
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Time for Andy McCook to take over the reins as the caller for Addington I believe.

Watching race 1 from Addington he calls the 6 dog home the winner, it got beaten nearly a length! Still calling it the winner after the race, even after the replay has gone up!

Everything must come to an end at some stage, the last few weeks he has made a lot of mistakes in his commentating and it seems to be getting worse. 

Im sure he's a top bloke but fair dinkum, that was a shocker to say the very least.

I didn't see the race but you got to feel for the people listening on the radio riding the dog home on the steering wheel or slapping the informant to then find he cocked up and you didn't win.

I wont comment on your first comment as would be called bias but there is some great young talent out there  that with practise will shine for a long time

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

I didn't see the race but you got to feel for the people listening on the radio riding the dog home on the steering wheel or slapping the informant to then find he cocked up and you didn't win.

I wont comment on your first comment as would be called bias but there is some great young talent out there  that with practise will shine for a long time

understandably  i agree you wont comment t but really  think andy mcook he needs a bit more training on race calling thats where his forte is at as a  sky channel presenter no

1 minute ago, wally said:

understandably  i agree you wont comment t but really  think andy mcook he needs a bit more training on race calling thats where his forte is at as a  sky channel presenter no

Agree, not a bad presenter, but race calling not for me.

6 minutes ago, wally said:

3 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Agree, not a bad presenter, but race calling not for me.

So Wally saying Andy good caller but not good on presenting^_^

and John says presenter but not caller . ¬¬

I guess with the right opportunities and the practise makes perfect motto Andy WILL become the all round package and I support him 100%

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

I guess with the right opportunities and the practise makes perfect motto Andy WILL become the all round package and I support him 100%

i suppose your  related  i will say presenter no

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

No, I said race caller [not for me]. Others may like his calling, personally I do not. I find him better presenting.

2 minutes ago, aquaman said:

No, I said race caller [not for me]. Others may like his calling, personally I do not. I find him better presenting.

that's what I said John "and John says presenter but not caller . ¬¬"

everyone has their opinion that's why these sites are good, its when the comments become personal that the problem arises but so far BOAY has not been like that

1 minute ago, Bigjay said:

that's what I said John "and John says presenter but not caller . ¬¬"

everyone has their opinion that's why these sites are good, its when the comments become personal that the problem arises but so far BOAY has not been like that

bigjay i think hes earlier calling was average but thats  normal  but he he will improve and probably will be great but as a presenter i disagree

Aqua you have got to pulling the other one with Teaz.

He blows more hotwind than a nor wester in summer and quiet enjoys making up a good punting story.

Trev has done me in on the radio a few times. As my punting is very limited now and dont do alot of listening via car anymore.

Best call was when Trev was commenting on what a marvellious job the window cleaners had done and the lids went up = gold lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No Lad, I think Teaz is very good, excellent voice and timing. Also a good knowledge of Greyhounds. You really do have to laugh about Trev sometimes. Its like when he gets it wrong, he just refuses to correct it, as if somehow it will come right.

• Haha 2