Bit Of A Yarn

Brain De Lore's OUSTANDING take on things Racing recent

Thomass

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Huey - Curious and the ex-DBA rely on processing comparatively large amounts of data and adjusting their algorithms based on what must be subjective assessments of track conditions.

They then look for value by pricing fields themselves (most probably automatically using an algorithm based on their assessments) and looking for where the price is overs.  Then playing small %'s.  For example if a horse they value at 25 to 1 is paying 50 to 1 they will back it.

Sounds as boring as bat shit to me.  But the ex-DBA tells us he makes money doing it.

I see , well best of luck to them both with that.

11 minutes ago, Huey said:

I see , well best of luck to them both with that.

Well they will dispute that.  Just my interpretation of the screes of stuff that they have posted over many different channels over the years.  I understand the ex-DBA hasn't worked for 17 years but earns enough from punting on Betfair - well so he says.

I guess with Betfair or a betting exchange you are playing the role of virtual bookmaker.  However I imagine the margins are small.

As I said not my idea of fun but then when I have a bet it is because I've got information others don't have or I like the cut of a horse in the parade ring or have blackbooked a horse based on a previous performance.  Always just for entertainment when in the mood. 

Lately I've waited for a "free" bonus bet from the TAB and try and turn it into real cash while having a bit of entertainment.

Always on the NZ TAB - why not help local stakes if I lose!  Tend to bet on OZ gallops mainly - racing is more competitive and consistent surfaces.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Huey said:

Hang so youre saying you'd compare two runners in the same race last start performances at different tracks based on time i.e. if one ran last start at Trentham and the other at Tauranga as an example and this strategy works for you on the punt?

Yip. Don't really care where they last ran. Just assess the performance there relative to expected performance.

Edited by curious

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Huey - Curious and the ex-DBA rely on processing comparatively large amounts of data and adjusting their algorithms based on what must be subjective assessments of track conditions.

Nope. Objective empirical assessments based on the data. Not subjective .25 second allowances depending whether the meeting is Wednesday or Saturday.

• Haha 1

On 14/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Thomass you are repeating the same shyte over and over again.  Do you have any other songs in you play book?

But before I close these repetitive crap down AGAIN can you give us some examples of where North Island horses have moved to the South Island and performed above their rating in comparison to the horses they were racing against?

Seriously mate, don't post b/s if you haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about...

Northern horses usually go South when they're past it...like some people...they DONT need to perform above their previous opposition since they've gone south for inferior opposition...

FFS...

All of this Benchmarking to find a common rating has been going on for years now and it just shows how unsophisticated NZ Punters are in comparison to our cuzzies in their ditch....

Just now, Thomass said:

Seriously mate, don't post b/s if you haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about...

Northern horses usually go South when they're past it...like some people...they DONT need to perform above their previous opposition since they've gone south for inferior opposition...

FFS...

All of this Benchmarking to find a common rating has been going on for years now and it just shows how unsophisticated NZ Punters are in comparison to our cuzzies in their ditch....

So you can't give us an example?

18 hours ago, curious said:

Nope. Objective empirical assessments based on the data. Not subjective .25 second allowances depending whether the meeting is Wednesday or Saturday.

Pfffft...you should do Xmas pantomime...this year and every year

You and you're mate SUBJECTIVELY told your fellow sycophants to "back the rail horse on an H 11 at Whangas"

..."we think that's where the value is"

Anyone SUBJECTIVELY coming to that assessment has racks in their head...

Everyone in the industry knows it bar your bunch of ignorant mavericks...

Just remind us what you algorithm devotees do when you see an unlucky horse again who has potentially run a career best performance but for being blocked for .25 secs?

Yep...you IGNORE it...

I don't...Its called being a professional FORM ANALYST C...

Not employing a Girl Friday in every Monday to insert a bunch of crap figures that gives you crap horses to 'invest in maidens'

Your raisin dee tear...

On 15/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, curious said:

That's an empirical assessment.

So C, you've obviously had your 'data' pear reviewed....

....and now there you are with an apple on your noggin...with my arrow straight through that sucker...

Fired all your ammo and now accept a 'population' of Prems almost always beats a 'population' of industry runners....

...in the same 'population' class

Vini vidi f in Vichy mofo