Bit Of A Yarn

My TAB bonus bet.

mikeynz

12 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Brodie is having a LOT of trouble getting a Bet on. Can't you just give it to him?

Gammalite,one good horse,so was that preux chevalier,excuse the spelling but I think the most awesome horse I ever saw was Village Kid,I think that was his name,always remember an interdom final he was in,drew wide and the early speed going into that first corner I've never forgotten,think it was Albion Park,others must remember that run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Gammalite,one good horse,so was that preux chevalier,excuse the spelling but I think the most awesome horse I ever saw was Village Kid,I think that was his name,always remember an interdom final he was in,drew wide and the early speed going into that first corner I've never forgotten,think it was Albion Park,others must remember that run.

Two of the 5 wonders from the West you mention there ! West Australians that led and won the Interdomion. Preux Chevalier , Village Kid, San Simeon, Baltic Eagle and Jack Morris ......

BUT surely the best you would of seen is the mighty GAMMALITE mowing down the 'goat' Popular Alm at Auckland in 1983 in a blaze of glory lol.!!!! also knocking over Delightful Lady, Armalight and Bonnie's C to win that.

also GAMMALITE won a second interdominion the following year against some slow ones in Adelaide. hehe

31 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Just looked on you tube at the video,not so awesome now,seemed so at the time though,lots of good horses out of aussie over the years,not perhaps as strong at present,just to add lots of good races on you tube.

6 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Just looked on you tube at the video,not so awesome now,seemed so at the time though,lots of good horses out of aussie over the years,not perhaps as strong at present,just to add lots of good races on you tube.

yeah I guess LAZARUS re-wrote the book on awesomeness !!!!    lol

The current Australian champion is LOCHINVAR ART who won last night at Bendigo under a hold. He beat your current best NZ cup winner 'Self Assured' twice at beginning of year when Mark was in Aus racing.

EX NZer KING OF SWING is the second best, DID win Miracle Mile beating LOCHINVAR ART but a distant 2nd in one of Aus's biggest races, The Victoria Cup recently.

King of Swing is very unfortunately in Brisbane for our Number 1 G1 race tomorrow night, QLD Championship. so our local hero 'Colt Thirty One ' looks like can't win our feature race sadly.

45 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Who gives the lead away on a $1.10 shot?

No one, unless it is to a stablemate so you can guarantee you won't go 3 back. 

Fancy, then getting beat by it.

I could have put it on something paying a dollar 5,at least I would have got something lol,I might stick it on the spitfire.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Who gives the lead away on a $1.10 shot?

No one, unless it is to a stablemate so you can guarantee you won't go 3 back. 

Fancy, then getting beat by it.

Didn't get beat by much. Leader went 1.55 at Addington and won. doesn't that count??

$4.40 the quinella . what a easy one to get !!!! shame I doubled up on Spankem -Ashley Locaz Quinella though lol