Bit Of A Yarn

Will these be needed for Channel X owner?

Chief Stipe

Guest Whyisit

Gee I hope not . I don’t want to be paying for his Xmas holiday and more.

‘whack him with a good fine and his friends not me can pay for it at HQ.

THOUGHT I read on Stuff that it was Thursday for his appearance in court.

40 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Anyone heard what was handed down?  Strangely gone all very quiet.

You seem obsessed about him and the other forum , any real reason why. All other Jaffas are only worried about house price rises , the Americas cup and Jacinda bottling on Ihamatau

Molloy, the well-known restaurateur who owns HeadQuarters in the Viaduct, is the first person to be charged by New Zealand police after numerous suppression breaches before and after last November's high-profile trial.

Others have been given warnings by police for allegedly naming the killer.

Despite the suppression order, in the hours and days after the verdict overseas media and social media users - including in New Zealand - published the killer's name.

While breaking a suppression order is not an extraditable offence for those who do so overseas, people in New Zealand who are guilty face up to six months' imprisonment or a $25,000 fine.

In the case of a company breaching, a fine of up to $100,000 can be imposed.

The recent breaches, largely by those here and the United Kingdom, come after a year of debate about the effectiveness of New Zealand's suppression orders in the internet age.

Just for you Leo followers from The Granny Herald a few minutes ago. So I'm pretty sure given below a hefty sentence will probably not be coming his way but who knows with our justice system.

The killer  likely appeals to Supreme Court before 11am and the whole thing drags on for many more months

What say you Noodlum/ Chief

The man who murdered British backpacker Grace Millane is due to be named tomorrow morning unless New Zealand's top court intervenes.

In August, the killer took his case to the Court of Appeal in an attempt to overturn his murder conviction and sentence.

The court will release its decision tomorrow morning at 11am.

Today, the Court of Appeal's President Justice Stephen Kós, alongside Justice Patricia Courtney and Justice Mark Cooper, also ruled the murderer's interim name suppression will lapse at the same time.

On 15/12/2020 at 2:42 PM, Chief Stipe said:

The wee man is sentenced today.

image.png

According to NZHERALD the sentencing was due yesterday. I hate it when the press starts a story and doesn't follow up. Now according to the court Leo Molloy's case is set down for 24 Feb 10.00 am. If thats the same case then there surely there is something strange going on. It wouldn't take more than a few minutes to decide what the punishment should be. Seems to me a concerted effort to delay.

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

C'mon now, he's got an America's cup iconic venue to run, give the bloke a break, you know full well AKL can't function without him!

Or holding hand out for wage subsidy. Not only did the government fork up many millions for the America's Cup but the businesses down at the Viaduct got millions in handouts. Some of the bludgers are actually on the "rich list".