Bit Of A Yarn

OMAKAU TRACK...

Davis

Look, I'm looking for some advise about the Omakau harness track. I don't know much about it so need to know if the track suits a horse that sits at the rear and comes with a last to first burst in the straight, ie Vintage Cheddar? I made plenty off this pony during Cup Week and tempted to go again... but a few doubts. I'm sure Brodie will know. Is the track better suited to front runners or can horses make ground in the straight? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

Generally slow times and mile rates with this 1200m track, times can be misleading as average horses generally at the meeting other than the big trot and pace, small field will help VC but I'd expect Brad if needed will sit parked as he'll be no chance if they sprint home on an easy track from the back of the field.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dougie said:

Generally slow times and mile rates with this 1200m track, times can be misleading as average horses generally at the meeting other than the big trot and pace, small field will help VC but I'd expect Brad if needed will sit parked as he'll be no chance if they sprint home on an easy track from the back of the field.

Thanks Dougie. I don't think sitting parked is VC go. Drive him like he was at Addington with the last run so probably just a place chance. Mmm.... small field only two divs probably give it a miss.

Good luck if you are having a punt.

Edited by Davis