Bit Of A Yarn

Opie appealing suspension

nomates

5 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Has he sacked the incompetent QC?

That's the same incompetent QC that hammered the RIU in the Kevin Moreton/Purcell case.

PS:  You should know Thom-ass I have no friends.  Seems though according to you this one has got by Guerin and Rodley (that does have an operatic ring to it!).

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Are you saying that our legal system is corrupt?  That is you can influence a Judge with money?

What I'm saying is how many other stables would be able to go to these lengths to get their rider available ? I'd venture none in NZ, everyone else would suck it up and dip into the pool of other jocks (of which this stable would have their pick) , this situation is looking sillier by the day. 

3 hours ago, curious said:

It is very difficult to imagine what grounds they might have for a Judicial Review of the appeal process.

The unwritten submission, but extremely well communicated behind closed doors, that racing in Australia has far more appeal than racing in NZ and the non overturning of this appeal will be the final straw that sees the NZ Te Akau operation ceasing to exist...............could well be the grounds that the Judicial Review panel members agree on. Wink wink nudge nudge 

27 minutes ago, Huey said:

What I'm saying is how many other stables would be able to go to these lengths to get their rider available ? I'd venture none in NZ, everyone else would suck it up and dip into the pool of other jocks (of which this stable would have their pick) , this situation is looking sillier by the day. 

Be that as it may however you are assuming that Te Akau are driving it.  For all we know it might be Bosson himself.  

That aside we may find that this Judicial Review clarifies some ambiguity in the rules to the benefit of ALL stakeholders that may be affected in the future.

Generally that is how the legal system works.

6 minutes ago, KickintheKods said:

The unwritten submission, but extremely well communicated behind closed doors, that racing in Australia has far more appeal than racing in NZ and the non overturning of this appeal will be the final straw that sees the NZ Te Akau operation ceasing to exist...............could well be the grounds that the Judicial Review panel members agree on. Wink wink nudge nudge 

That is bollocks.  I'm not defending Te Akau but what you are raising is the old chestnut that the law can be bought.  It can't.

Have you had a look at the Magic Million sales results from yesterday. Davy boy, in association with Andy (I'm a dandy boy) Williams spent big bucks on three and purchased a forth by Xtravagent for old times sake, and it was only the first day.

Australia IS THE target and why wouldn't it be.

And as for saying the law can't be bought. They are only a couple of pay grades above Politicians.  Try handing me that chestnut.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KickintheKods said:

Have you had a look at the Magic Million sales results from yesterday. Davy boy, in association with Andy (I'm a dandy boy) Williams spent big bucks on three and purchased a forth by Xtravagent for old times sake, and it was only the first day.

Australia IS THE target and why wouldn't it be.

FFS they've already stated that they will look for opportunities elsewhere.  Isnt the Singapore stable coming to an end?  Why wouldn't you set up Walker or Richards in a stable in OZ?  Makes perfect strategic business sense especially when you see where NZ is headed.

6 minutes ago, KickintheKods said:

And as for saying the law can't be bought. They are only a couple of pay grades above Politicians.  Try handing me that chestnut.

What's your point?  Do you have no faith at all in our judicial system?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Be that as it may however you are assuming that Te Akau are driving it.  For all we know it might be Bosson himself.  

That aside we may find that this Judicial Review clarifies some ambiguity in the rules to the benefit of ALL stakeholders that may be affected in the future.

You're assuming they aren't driving it. You'd have to be somewhat naïve to think TA aren't the main push behind it , if you have any idea about NZ racing,which I'm sure you do.

As an aside how do you see this benefits the stakeholders in the future?

24 minutes ago, Huey said:

You're assuming they aren't driving it. You'd have to be somewhat naïve to think TA aren't the main push behind it , if you have any idea about NZ racing,which I'm sure you do.

You can assume but you don't know.  Sure Te Akau may benefit but I understand that it is solely up to Opie to pursue it.  In that regard he can afford to fund it himself.  Given the comments being made by a non related party I wouldn't be surprised if that person is providing some motivation.  That wouldn't be the first time.

24 minutes ago, Huey said:

As an aside how do you see this benefits the stakeholders in the future?

If Opie is successful in the Judicial Review then there must be a legal reason for that to happen.  It follows therefore that the JCA erred or even overstepped in the original judgement and in the subsequent appeal dismissal.  So a ruling that clarifies where the JCA erred in law can only help but clarify its application in the future.  That would benefit all stakeholders.

Arguably this hasn't been done enough in the past.

Further with the proposed changes to the industry run judicial process the need to appeal to a court may become more common.  Now it may not actually become more common because as has been pointed out it is an expensive option.

Those changes are what we really should be worried about as it will likely make justice more expensive to attain. 

48 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You can assume but you don't know.  Sure Te Akau may benefit but I understand that it is solely up to Opie to pursue it.  In that regard he can afford to fund it himself.  Given the comments being made by a non related party I wouldn't be surprised if that person is providing some motivation.  That wouldn't be the first time.

If Opie is successful in the Judicial Review then there must be a legal reason for that to happen.  It follows therefore that the JCA erred or even overstepped in the original judgement and in the subsequent appeal dismissal.  So a ruling that clarifies where the JCA erred in law can only help but clarify its application in the future.  That would benefit all stakeholders.

Arguably this hasn't been done enough in the past.

We can assume we both don't know, given the related party I think you are referring to is spouting on about it , my money would be on someone else being the main driver behind it.

You seem to have far to much faith in NZ racing & the judicial procedure. 

I still believe its a poor look for the sport, its not really about racing now is it , its about money , power , breeding , the sales the list list goes on.

Of course I could be completely wrong and what is really happening here is the recipients are seeking out justice for all ...LMAO

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

I still believe its a poor look for the sport, its not really about racing now is it , its about money , power , breeding , the sales the list list goes on.

Since when has Thoroughbred Racing be egalitarian in terms of participation?  Isn't it time to grow up as an industry and accept that this course of action is very common in our nearest racing jurisdiction Australia.

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

Of course I could be completely wrong and what is really happening here is the recipients are seeking out justice for all ...LMAO

No need to be facetious.  Of course Opie and whoever supports him are motivated by self interest.  The point I was making, which you choose to deride (pun intended), is that the outcome whichever way it goes will be of benefit to the management of the sport.  Probably more so if Opie wins.

19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

No need to be facetious.  Of course Opie and whoever supports him are motivated by self interest.  The point I was making, which you choose to deride (pun intended), is that the outcome whichever way it goes will be of benefit to the management of the sport.  Probably more so if Opie wins.

Ah no I don't , my impression given the outcome is pretty clear.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Pfffft

Justice Stevens is Chair now....can you imagine him not crossing eyes and tees?

Besides they've bent over backwards for these big boys pants Jockey ffs

They knocked 2 days off the previous careless riding charges to add on a fine instead!

And Opee still couldn't find a way to grease palms after 2 in a day Black Type f ups...

2 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Pfffft

Justice Stevens is Chair now....can you imagine him not crossing eyes and tees?

Besides they've bent over backwards for these big boys pants Jockey ffs

They knocked 2 days off the previous careless riding charges to add on a fine instead!

And Opee still couldn't find a way to grease palms after 2 in a day Black Type f ups...

FFS can you at least try to write in comprehensible English or don't post while drinking?

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS can you at least try to write in comprehensible English or don't post while drinking?

Here, it pays to use One of these when reading moi!

https://www.online-stopwatch.com/metronome/

Soooo, last month after Guerin and Tan complained about our beloved big boys Pants Jockeys...aka Opee...missing out on G 1 Glory through minor indiscretions 

NZTR bent over and knocked 2 days off a normal careless riding charge and added a fine instead

So instead of 7 days...they got 5 and a fine

With that fantastic bend...Opee still couldn't get on!

Savvy?

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Here, it pays to use One of these when reading moi!

https://www.online-stopwatch.com/metronome/

Soooo, last month after Guerin and Tan complained about our beloved big boys Pants Jockeys...aka Opee...missing out on G 1 Glory through minor indiscretions 

NZTR bent over and knocked 2 days off a normal careless riding charge and added a fine instead

So instead of 7 days...they got 5 and a fine

With that fantastic bend...Opee still couldn't get on!

Savvy?

So Justice Stevens didn't cross his T's? 

I don't spend my week trawling RIU and JCA reports but pray tell explain how it was in NZTR's power to do as you have described?

Read Bbc GIF by The QI Elves

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

He didn't Chair the Appeal.

So what?

You don't think he's changed things up since becoming head honcho to avoid any chance of fanciful appeals like Ellis's?

The Appeal panel gave the Race Day panel a solid round of applause...

...after laughing at the QC's preposterous presumption that he didn't need to read the beautiful dissertation 

Dale must be incredibly chastened after that slap

Imagine walking into Ellis's Northern Club and being laughed at?

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

More fiction.

I think you'll find this is a round of such....Standing O in fact

The Tribunal has carefully considered the decisions of the Raceday Judicial Committee. The Tribunal is required to approach a hearing of this kind as a re-hearing but nevertheless must have regard to what was said by the Raceday Judicial Committee. Both the decisions in respect of Races 3 and 4 are detailed and comprehensive.

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

I think you'll find this is a round of such....Standing O in fact

The Tribunal has carefully considered the decisions of the Raceday Judicial Committee. The Tribunal is required to approach a hearing of this kind as a re-hearing but nevertheless must have regard to what was said by the Raceday Judicial Committee. Both the decisions in respect of Races 3 and 4 are detailed and comprehensive.

Hardly "standing in applause" - that was the fiction!