Bit Of A Yarn

Nelson TC, what on earth are you doing???

Brodie

I was under the impression that Nelson Trotting Club has a few financial problems?

If so, why on earth would they be programming races over 1609metre STANDING STARTS?
Miss away at Nelson from a stand over a mile and you have no show whatsoever as they will run time?

To run miles from the mobile is bad enough, but from a flipping stand with P Lamb as the starter????

The trainers must have just wanted a holiday to have gone to Nelson to race from a stand over the mile!

Ridiculous really, and you would have to be crazy to be betting into that SHITE!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Not sure if I've heard of standing start miles before.well not with trots anyway.

Methven do it on the grass once a year!

Crazy stuff and not beneficial for anyone Mikey!

The U.S. luv the miles but even those dont have standing starts!

Seriously, whoever made this decisions to run miles at Nelson should be in the U.S.

Leave the punters out of this craziness.

You draw the second line or miss away slightly over the mile and you might as well pull your horse up!

Yes there will be punters that bet into them, but anyone that is serious wont be touching them with a barge pole, expecially with Mr RIIIIIGHTTTTT at the helm!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, Brodie said:

To run miles from the mobile is bad enough,

Wow ! I just tuned in for the one race at Nelson / richmond today and just have to say what a perfect 10/10 drive from one of your best TIM WILLIAMS , from the outside gate with OFF N GONE just now. !!!

No doubt helped by the very pro-active drive by May on BOOM , but still, what a great effort from Horse and driver.!

Have to get going early in those 1 mile races, so very tricky as you say.

Even in the regional area's the driving standard is exceptional. !!  (less Forbury watching HOPE in action)

12 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Wow ! I just tuned in for the one race at Nelson / richmond today and just have to say what a perfect 10/10 drive from one of your best TIM WILLIAMS , from the outside gate with OFF N GONE just now. !!!

Well he had to really didn't he.  Tim's father owns and bred the horse.

• Like 1