Bit Of A Yarn

Spitfire is fav

Roman

29 minutes ago, Roman said:

Opened at 4.20 already into 3.60... Get in quick fellas the Hurrelcane is going to launch this plane tomorrow

I saw he was picked for 2nd in TAB Form. 

Opening fav. Wow. Go the Spitty. I hope he gets the win! 

Edited by Karrots

HaHaHAHaHaHa!!!!

The accountants opened it up at $4.20 and someone has put $20 to win on it!!!
They have it so short after leading all the way and beating 2 unqualifieds?????

The horse that finished second was going a helluva lot better than Spitfire as it wasnt even hooked out!

Kt would be great if he could win a race, and yes the field is not that flash!

However, the accountants are taking the piss seriously, if they think that winning a qualifying trial beating 2 others makes it a $4.20 favourite after 56 starts!!!!!

Spittie, has had a change of owner as well.

Owned by a couple of syndicates and a couple of individuals as well!

They clearly see the potential in a 56 start, for one place horse, and must think it could be a gold mine.

Good on them if they can get a win out of it, wouldve gone for big money you would think?

Did Faulks, O’Connell and Negus finally say, enough is enough?

Amber Hauffman is a good trainer on the beach, so maybe she can create a miracle and get the result the new owners desire?

You would have to be a fruit loop to be backing it to win at such pathetic odds!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They clearly see the potential in a 56 start, for one place horse, and must think it could be a gold mine.

Good on them if they can get a win out of it, wouldve gone for big money you would think?

Amber Hauffman is a good trainer on the beach, so maybe she can create a miracle and get the result the new owners desire?

You would have to be a fruit loop to be backing it to win at such pathetic odds!

Maybe the owners are trying to cut paying tax or something by investing in a horse like spitty.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Your right I doubt it will beat daggy lamb 

• Like 1

Words about him on HRNZ article today. Go the Spitty 😁

Hurrell combines with longtime maiden Aveross Spitfire, who has his first start for the Hoffman stable in race 3.

The way the horse has worked leading into the event suggests he may not be a maiden for much longer.

“He is probably my best chance of the day,” Hurrell said.

“His work has been really good and it is not a strong field and he has got a good draw (3).”

“He is not the worst, he feels like he will win a race or two.”

“So in that field, he should be a good chance.”

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Karrots said:

Words about him on HRNZ article today. Go the Spitty 😁

Hurrell combines with longtime maiden Aveross Spitfire, who has his first start for the Hoffman stable in race 3.

The way the horse has worked leading into the event suggests he may not be a maiden for much longer.

“He is probably my best chance of the day,” Hurrell said.

“His work has been really good and it is not a strong field and he has got a good draw (3).”

“He is not the worst, he feels like he will win a race or two.”

“So in that field, he should be a good chance.”

Good on Hurrell for advising us that The Spitfire is going that well that he is his best chance of the day!

He is now probably good enough to win them in a row now.

Should we take it in a quinella with another Aveross drawn outside Spitfire in Averos Shadow?

He is a 21 start unplaced maiden so it is on its way as well!

Good luck to the new owners and Hurrell and Hoffman, surely this is the last roll of the dice????

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Im wondering after looking at the owners whether they bought it as a novelty as this horse will probably be remembered in history for all the wrong reasons and the trainer who gets the win etched into lovers of the underdog forever!

The most maligned horse ever!, after tomorrow there may  possibly be a movie or mini series made!

Who will play Brodie?  Danny De Vito?

Even after defending him for so long I would have to put sentiment aside and say at $4.20, Lay of the Day  nah  Lay of the century!!!  (sorry Spitty! but you should have been in a can long time ago!) 

If he wins there will be a couple of tears from my eye, one for Spitty and one for the sadness of the quality of the field, more no hopers in there than Brodies National Party!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Roman said:

I hope the spitfire wins and Ben Hope has a good day. Seems to be the case when drivers get bagged on the site the next week they seem to go good

lol yeah that seems to be the way, I like the look of Craig Thornleys drive in the first with the mobile after retard bagged him, good trainer and driver! 

I thought Bens Drive on Easy pickings on first day was very good, took the iniative to move and not get trapped like so many on that course did over the two days.

Because of the Hope/May history it seems to me Ben gets an inproportionate amount of criticism and he drives a few favoured runners so gets the all the sore loser vents as well.

You cant win on here, your either useless or a team driver lol!

I remember Tim Williams being bagged on here and he is one of the very best

Talking of Team driving Ned Kelly R1 Nelson the first day,  Watch it!!! Just being fair cause if that was Mark and Nat the pitchforks would have been out, if it wasnt the stablemate he would have not restrained his horse like that for so long.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

Im wondering after looking at the owners whether they bought it as a novelty as this horse will probably be remembered in history for all the wrong reasons and the trainer who gets the win etched into lovers of the underdog forever!

The most maligned horse ever!, after tomorrow there may  possibly be a movie or mini series made!

Who will play Brodie?  Danny De Vito?

Even after defending him for so long I would have to put sentiment aside and say at $4.20, Lay of the Day  nah  Lay of the century!!!  (sorry Spitty! but you should have been in a can long time ago!) 

If he wins there will be a couple of tears from my eye, one for Spitty and one for the sadness of the quality of the field, more no hopers in there than Brodies National Party!

Why would Brodie need an actor to play my role?

National Party no hopers?

Seriously, labour  has not one semi competent decent one amongst them!

5 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

A new epic to rival The Lord of the Rings  !!    movie named ' Spitfire Trump ,  Heart of a Nation '

Starring the 2 fine harness horses 'Spitfire Aveross 'and 'Donald Trump' (in at Southland tomorrow) ,

guest appearance by the Real Donald Trump (now out of a job) , Brodie as Brodie, Brad Pitt on the washboard, 

Mark and Nat as the 'evil antagonists'  and introducing CHIEF as the hero driver , Can he get Spitfire Home 1st ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

the spitfire will win if the driver gives him a bit of whiplash

Ranga thinks so. he has sold his house to invest on it unrestricted and is currently living in a tent on a council reserve claiming kaumatua rights, The majority is on the place tho but he is still a Brave Blossom is Uncle Ranga!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

A new epic to rival The Lord of the Rings  !!    movie named ' Spitfire Trump ,  Heart of a Nation '

Starring the 2 fine harness horses 'Spitfire Aveross 'and 'Donald Trump' (in at Southland tomorrow) ,

guest appearance by the Real Donald Trump (now out of a job) , Brodie as Brodie, Brad Pitt on the washboard, 

Mark and Nat as the 'evil antagonists'  and introducing CHIEF as the hero driver , Can he get Spitfire Home 1st ?

Tom Waterhouse is at Ascot tomorrow too,Lionel Messi was at Cambtidge the other day,why ain't hrnz promoting such happenings?

• Haha 1

$3.20 and $1.38 F.O Spitty!      HOLY FUCKIN TOLEDO! BATMAN!!!!!! $1.38!!! Is this what mark and nat are secretly up to, hes market moving down!  thought ranga had already placed his bet, please dont tell me hes selling his body for some more of the action!

Or is Brodie blowing the cobwebs off the pocket Fort knox wallet for a sneaky wager after putting everyone off?  Hes a sneakey one is wayne!

Ladies and Gents the Apocalypse has begun! Hope TVNZ are there in the winners circle!!!

• Haha 2