Bit Of A Yarn

Spitfire is fav

Roman

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Just shows you why we shouldnt be having mile racing!

It is so unpredictable and you can not follow form!

Mile racing should be banned!!

Well the winner there doesn't agree Brodie, Nor do people who like big odds (80-1 winner today)

Nor does Gammalite, But I am used to it , as mostly Albion is 1 mile racing. 

Trainers wouldn't agree either. You can race a horse week to week with mile racing. Some of those 2400m races today at Ashburton would leave runners 'Flat" to say the least and performing poorly next time. 

Today I picked 1 out for a bet . BoomChuckaLucka with Pete McMullen back from the most crooked 3 week suspension I've ever seen in my life. KNEW he would be angry , first drive back.

Straight to the front 1.55 mile , easy as you like R4 just a little while ago. $100 win , thank you very much Pete. !! lol

47 minutes ago, Brodie said:

That trot race 9 was the weirdest finish to any race I have ever seen.

That Ashburton trot had a row 5 wide of gallopers 300m out !!  was very funny !  was like Ellerslie.

Pete Mcmullen ( You don't have to debate with FORBURY about a Top driver there)  just won now at Albion, easily on the horse he got the Suspension on , KINGOFTHESTARS . 

Stupid Punter Gammalite had settled for the $160 earlier and didn't follow on for the $4.50 divi here. talk about having winners shoved under your nose and missing out. blah... have a great evening !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Karrots said:

AVEROSS SPITFIRE - over-raced near the 850 metres and broke checking trailing runners. Stood down to complete one satisfactory trial.

I'm not so sure that that explains adequately what actually happened.  The horse was full of running and the driver started to move off the markers.  When I watched the race I thought for a moment that the horse clipped the sulky in front which caused it to break.  In my opinion the driver contributed to the break.

2 hours ago, Karrots said:

AVEROSS SPITFIRE - over-raced near the 850 metres and broke checking trailing runners. Stood down to complete one satisfactory trial.

I couldnt see the horse touch the horse in front at all!

I believe the horse did gallop free of interference as it has previously!

Too hard to see if it hit a wheel, but clearly it didnt, so just galloped for the sheer hell of it!

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Too hard to see if it hit a wheel, but clearly it didnt,

Brodie, you're sure worried about your old mate Spitfire.

Your observation is actually poor of the moment he galloped. Blossom, Chief and myself (in detail) explained it earlier in this thread for you, when you asked what made it gallop.

Don't forget, As the pace quickens a horses legs stretch 'further in front' of his head and body , than at a slower speed. Spitfires legs were in line with the inside wheel in front of him.

I agree with Chief in that, this is a driving error, probably more than Spitfires fault.

53 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Too hard to see if it hit a wheel, but clearly it didnt, so just galloped for the sheer hell of it!

I disagree Brodie.  Probably the most "full of running" I've seen Spitfire 800m out!  I'm convinced Spitty clipped a wheel.  Trying to get a screen shot of the exact moment.  The pic below is close.  Either the drive or the horse was looking to the gap emerging on the outside as #7 starts to drop away.

image.png

2 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Might yet be a dog trial.

Want a fun bet Mikey, that Spitty wins 1?

Brief bragging rights. 

Pending track, draw, field size etc. Karrots can call out when Karrots is feeling really confident he will win as per an earlier post on this thread 😁

I'm not being funny either 😉 Serious 😁

55 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I disagree Brodie.  Probably the most "full of running" I've seen Spitfire 800m out!  I'm convinced Spitty clipped a wheel.  Trying to get a screen shot of the exact moment.  The pic below is close.  Either the drive or the horse was looking to the gap emerging on the outside as #7 starts to drop away.

image.png

Chief, surely if Averos Spitfire hit a wheel, then Mark Hurrell wouldve said to Stipes that it hit a wheel?

The Stewards report wouldve then stated that the horse over reached and hit the sulky wheel in front?

I just think he is proned to doing things wrong and punters are stupid to be backing it!

Edited by Brodie

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Chief, surely if Averos Spitfire hit a wheel, then Mark Hurrell wouldve said to Stipes that it hit a wheel?

The Stewards report wouldve then stated that the horse over reached and hit the sulky wheel in front?

I just think he is proned to doing things wrong and punters are stupid to be backing it!

Definitely stupid punters to back any non winners IMO.

No Driver tells the stewards They hit a Wheel. Thats just saying you're guilty and risking penalty to yourself.

Sometimes you're not even sure if you touched the wheel or not if wrestling with horse like Hurrell was. 

i.e could be 'light' brushing/ contact. Enough to scare your horse on occasion.

The young lass who was driving MAGIC SIGN in front of Spitfire could tell them , but if not asked No Need to say anything , she did nothing wrong.

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Definitely stupid punters to back any non winners IMO.

No Driver tells the stewards They hit a Wheel. Thats just saying you're guilty and risking penalty to yourself.

Sometimes you're not even sure if you touched the wheel or not if wrestling with horse like Hurrell was. 

i.e could be 'light' brushing/ contact. Enough to scare your horse on occasion.

The young lass who was driving MAGIC SIGN in front of Spitfire could tell them , but if not asked No Need to say anything , she did nothing wrong.

The horse has to trial satisfactorily before racing again Gamalite.

If the Spitfire hadve struck a sulky wheel it may not have had to trial as it had a legit reason for the gallop.

No one can say whether The Spitfire hit a wheel apart from The Spitfire himself.

The jury must remain out whether there was any contact to cause it to gallop, my unbiased opinion is that it didnt as it has done it before lol

Edited by Brodie

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

A couple of frames further on.  This is the point Spitty gets really keen.  Note the driver needs to position his hands further up the reins to give himself more control. 

image.png

100% agree with you here. Too many young drivers are now driving with their hands in their lap now!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The horse has to trial satisfactorily before racing again Gamalite.

If the Spitfire hadve struck a sulky wheel it may not have had to trial as it had a legit reason for the gallop.

No one can say whether The Spitfire hit a wheel apart from The Spitfire himself.

The jury must remain out whether there was any contact to cause it to gallop, my unbiased opinion is that it didnt as it has done it before lol

Well the way that horse propped when it galloped and wiped out the field (4 runners anyway) He is lucky to get away with a trial request, and not be barred. Was pretty dangerous.

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The girl driving on MAGIC SIGN would know for Sure and certain. Get someone to ask her.

Often in a race the horse behind you is hitting your helmet hard, Sometimes had knees in the back and PLENTY of slobber and snot down the back of your colours from behind by the trailing horse !!  part of the Fun !!!

Check out race 3 at Albion Park yesterday. winning 79 year old driver , got 3 week suspension , talk about 

HITTING a WHEEL,  could of killed poor Donohue . STEWARD GAMMALITE would of banned Stariha for life. 

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Half a frame after he breaks.

image.png

Chief, what do you think it shows?

Think it started to get a bit keen and put in a rough one like it has before.

I believe the Stipes wouldve asked Hurrell why it galloped and he clearly didnt advise the stewards that it hit a wheel.

If it hit a wheel then it is surprising we dont have a helluva lot more breakers in a field than what we get!

The horse may be very experienced but is still not that tractable!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I believe the Stipes wouldve asked Hurrell why it galloped and he clearly didnt advise the stewards that it hit a wheel.

"Yes your honour I was intending to move half cart out, I had a poor hold on the reins and the horse got too keen and hit a wheel.  Yes all my fault and the horse was innocent."

FFS Brodie easier to blame the horse than yourself especially when talking to Stipes that don't have a clue!

• Haha 2

On 13/01/2021 at 12:52 PM, Chief Stipe said:

image.png

A horse who failed to place in 50 + starts all of sudden looks like Christian Cullen, I reckon Huntys on the money, That horse is on meth! (P) or on brodies blood spinning/ 3D printer counterfeit money laundering operation! somethings up!  That sneaky wayne ah Hunty!

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Brodie said:

Hey Brods,

Well, checked out the workout/trial that he was in Winton today, & he put in a dirty break behind the mobile. I was even at a point of maybe having a fun bet $1 on him & also have a bet with MikeyNZ that he would win 1 when conditions suit. My biggest concern as I said in all 3 races I had seen, he had galloped.

So no, all bets are off, & I am in your corner now. In sense that, I just couldn't trust him that he won't break. Maybe now he has the ability to win, but I couldn't risk it. Too many times. Its like its in his head or something that breaking is an ok thing to do.

In race previous I saw the horse hit the helmet as stated so bang, but could not say for sure if did or did not indeed hit the wheel in-front. Irrelevant to me now if he did or didn't. Made mind up. All bets are off for Spitty. Can't trust him. Shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 13/01/2021 at 1:45 PM, Brodie said:

Wrong Chief! It was useless Sheree`s fault!

• Haha 1