Bit Of A Yarn

Spitfire is fav

Roman

12 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

$3.20 and $1.38 F.O Spitty!      HOLY FUCKIN TOLEDO! BATMAN!!!!!! $1.38!!! Is this what mark and nat are secretly up to, hes market moving down!  thought ranga had already placed his bet, please dont tell me hes selling his body for some more of the action!

Or is Brodie blowing the cobwebs off the pocket Fort knox wallet for a sneaky wager after putting everyone off?  Hes a sneakey one is wayne!

Ladies and Gents the Apocalypse has begun! Hope TVNZ are there in the winners circle!!!

As I said before,I wouldn't bet on it🙂

5 minutes ago, Roman said:

Let's take a moments silence cos that plane was fair jogging

Spitfire was turned out looking better than it has been previously.

It seems to gallop for no reason at times, recently!

Yes it seemed to be going easily when it galloped but whether it has the heart to win a race is still questionable, however today was chance another chapter in the Averos Spitfire saga!

With new owners now,  the horses racing life has probably been extended by a bit.

You would still have to be a mug punter to have backed it at those odds, even though the field was weak as hell.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Yes it seemed to be going easily when it galloped but whether it has the heart to win a race is still questionable, however today was chance another chapter in the Averos Spitfire saga!

With new owners now,  the horses racing life has probably been extended by a bit.

You would still have to be a mug punter to have backed it at those odds, even though the field was weak as hell.

Was the fairytale to be... 57 start maiden sent out fav, sits 3 fence, he parts the red sea as the others weakens and launches himself into an R rating. Hurrelcane salutes the judges, tears from everyone in the disbelief that he got there, right on the line.... oh how it could have unfolded

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

yeah he definitely looked the part today! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I thought the same, thing, in he looked good prior race, altho I haven't seen him prior a race to compare.

And I thought he is going well. Shame another horse came and took the lead off him at the beginning. He seemed keen too.

Yes agree the 3 times I have watched him now, he has broken in all 3. Today seemed possibly a bit different tho, not sure would have to see replay. Other times seemed more like an excuse to get out of it, today seemed interested and going well. Maybe too well.

Could be worth a dollar next time for a fun Karrots bet ... hmm would have to see the field, draw and each way price of course. 

Edited by Karrots

21 minutes ago, Karrots said:

I thought the same, thing, in he looked good prior race, altho I haven't seen him prior a race to compare.

And I thought he is going well. Shame another horse came and took the lead off him at the beginning. He seemed keen too.

Yes agree the 3 times I have watched him now, he has broken in all 3. Today seemed possibly a bit different tho, not sure would have to see replay. Other times seemed more like an excuse to get out of it, today seemed interested and going well. Maybe too well.

Could be worth a dollar next time for a fun Karrots bet ... hmm would have to see the field, draw and each way price of course. 

Be doubtful if it is worth a dollar.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Think he would be better with a trail than leading over 2400m.

Why people bothered with him previously for over 50 starts without placing is puzzling, and he had no show of ever winning a race the way he was racing!

With Hoffman training on the beach, if he drew well and trailed all the way at Forbury or down South, he could have a chance to win a weak race, however why would you bother?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why people bothered with him previously for over 50 starts without placing is puzzling, and he had no show of ever winning a race the way he was racing!

With Hoffman training on the beach, if he drew well and trailed all the way at Forbury or down South, he could have a chance to win a weak race, however why would you bother?

Hes getting a bit like Serina William's,keeps turning up but cant land the big prize😏

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ok. 

Yes that sounds good and makes sense re Forbury or down South. Ok Id then have to consider the $1 each way bet then. My biggest concern is that he might break up again. 

MikeyNZ - maybe you me have bet then? tehe, when conditions suit the horse eg as above. A fun bet. Like I had 1 recently with Gamms 😁 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Hes getting a bit like Serina William's,keeps turning up but cant land the big prize😏

To be fair though, Serena Williams has been a big winner and is still earning big money.

Averos Spitfire is just a horse that has never son apart from trials, where they dont seem to be that financially beneficial to the owners!

Yes the horse is showing more than it did 6 months ago, but it is a 7 year old gelding with one placing to its name in nearly 60 starts!

Why would you bother persevering with a very limited horse with no upside.

I hope it does win a race for the new owners and I hope they enjoy racing the horse, that has not given the previous owners any return.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Can barely keep up under old trainers. Gets new trainer. Sent out favourite. Absolutely bolting in behind them then gets into trouble running all over the horse in front of him and puts in a dirty break!!!    Interesting!!!

Blossom, why did it gallop.

The only reason that was possible is it touched a sulky wheel as it didnt seem to touch the driver in front!

You would think that with its experience it wouldnt be galloping free of interference.

Time for it to have a change of career

Edited by Brodie

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The only reason that was possible is it touched a sulky wheel as it didnt seem to touch the driver in front!

You would think that with its experience it wouldnt be galloping free of interference.

Horse didn't break free of interference. Looked like hit the cart/ wheel of horse in front of him. Was bolting at the time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Excuse my butting in on your question to Blossom. I believe you are correct .

The pace increased quite sharply as Daggy Lamb took the lead and Spitfire trying to excelerate with them , got his own Spitfire head inside the drivers head in front of him , therefore his strides as they quickened were longer and in line with the now trailing horses wheel. BANG ! and gallop gallop gallop. ........

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Excuse my butting in on your question to Blossom. I believe you are correct .

The pace increased quite sharply as Daggy Lamb took the lead and Spitfire trying to excelerate with them , got his own Spitfire head inside the drivers head in front of him , therefore his strides as they quickened were longer and in line with the now trailing horses wheel. BANG ! and gallop gallop gallop. ........

I just watched the replay and in slow motion, The Galah styles and horse was being restrained wanted to go faster type thing, maybe as like how Gamms said, anyway hit the helmet of the driver in front of him, and yes bang gallop. Seemed a little not sure tho, like Spitty resented being held back. He wanted to run.

MikeyNZ - how about that fun bet? 😁

Well some patient driving there in R8 by Sam Ottley.

I give up, ..was thinking this is craziness having 14 horses in a mile race. (should be 10 to give them all a chance)

5  Back on the fence as they left the back straight was SENORITA MARGARITA , seemed no hope, then it pops out wide in the home straight and wins. Seemed impossible task with the big field.

Just shows how good it is to have those tracks with a long run home like Ashburton to give them a chance from the back of winning.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well some patient driving there in R8 by Sam Ottley.

I give up, ..was thinking this is craziness having 14 horses in a mile race. (should be 10 to give them all a chance)

5  Back on the fence as they left the back straight was SENORITA MARGARITA , seemed no hope, then it pops out wide in the home straight and wins. Seemed impossible task with the big field.

Just shows how good it is to have those tracks with a long run home like Ashburton to give them a chance from the back of winning.

Just shows you why we shouldnt be having mile racing!

It is so unpredictable and you can not follow form!

Mile racing should be banned!!