Bit Of A Yarn

first to exit

• 1 month later...

Amazing Dream sold to US for six figures. As mentioned, the Cullen stable wont have the support in the future. 
Already results have fallen away, gone are the days when purdon nags could go blistering speed 3 wide, and still win? 
Stable will have good horses, but will never dominate again. 
I think we all know what has changed too.... mmmm

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Amazing Dream sold to US for six figures. As mentioned, the Cullen stable wont have the support in the future. 
Already results have fallen away, gone are the days when purdon nags could go blistering speed 3 wide, and still win? 
Stable will have good horses, but will never dominate again. 

amazing dream and self assured may have both finished 2nd, but they were both HUGE! runs, your dreamin jonesy! if you really think this is any kind of spiralling decline of the stable!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

amazing dream and self assured may have both finished 2nd, but they were both HUGE! runs, your dreamin jonesy! if you really think this is any kind of spiralling decline of the stable!

Not just that they are racing below, the fact they are getting sold or transferred

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Not just that they are racing below, the fact they are getting sold or transferred

but thats not really the issue, as Eljay pointed out, hes got the harness world on his shoulders and those 2 horses went super but I get what you mean newmarket! I want it to be like that too but there is nothing to suggest that those colours are going to fail, great support from mark and nat, Cannot bag them for that! just dont lose the bank balance with your fingers crossed, but I do see your point my friend, way too risky to bet against the stable at this stage, but no doubt I will! (crazy punting my friend!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

the change in results

Ok. So I'm going to put my thoughts here. Why, because we live in a democratic society. 

Maybe some agree, maybe some disagree, should people dislike me because of this 1 opinion I hope not.

I love having someone-thing to shoot for. Something so amazing you just want to beat/not be scared of get out there and BEAT it. Maybe I got that highly competitive spirit from living in the States ...

Next I noticed Self Assured had to sit parked. Work it baby, work it. Also Amazing Dream Had to work twice, to get lead back. Yes I enjoyed that.

That is racing and how it should be. None of this be gifted lead because your stable mate is in lead. 

I also think this site holds a good purpose. Yes I am new so maybe speaking out of turn. However 2 of my good friends - whom I felt bring real value here, have chosen to stop posting. Bringing positive yet objective thoughts. Gammalite & Mikie. 

Chief this site could have so much more traction. 

Keep Politics-Covid-and Brodie's TAB issues out of it & you will find this site flourish. 

Every opinion counts, from Dunedin-Forbs to Whippy to mine to Gamms. Move on get over it if people disagree with you. Debate it out. Apologize and realize we are all here because we LOVE HARNESS.

Make this site the best it can be. 

Karrots 

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

47 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Ok. So I'm going to put my thoughts here. Why, because we live in a democratic society. 

Maybe some agree, maybe some disagree, should people dislike me because of this 1 opinion I hope not.

I love having someone-thing to shoot for. Something so amazing you just want to beat/not be scared of get out there and BEAT it. Maybe I got that highly competitive spirit from living in the States ...

Next I noticed Self Assured had to sit parked. Work it baby, work it. Also Amazing Dream Had to work twice, to get lead back. Yes I enjoyed that.

That is racing and how it should be. None of this be gifted lead because your stable mate is in lead. 

I also think this site holds a good purpose. Yes I am new so maybe speaking out of turn. However 2 of my good friends - whom I felt bring real value here, have chosen to stop posting. Bringing positive yet objective thoughts. Gammalite & Mikie. 

Keep Politics-Covid-and Brodie's TAB issues out of it & you will find this site flourish. 

Every opinion counts, from Dunedin-Forbs to Whippy to mine to Gamms. Move on get over it if people disagree with you. Debate it out. Apologize and realize we are all here because we LOVE HARNESS.

Karrots 

Brodies TAB issues are legendary tho! The TAB will die from financial stupidity before Brodies restrictions and my whinging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What has changed in the All Stars is the minor details being missed.Everything has to be perfect for horses to win Group races and I know that Mark P was the hardest working person in Harness racing,used to work 16 hour days basically 7 days a week.A lot of that was pre planning.He has what  fast work times he wants sorted a week in advance.Leading up to Yearli g sales he hardly slept for a month .

Apart from Mark running the show nothing much has changed as still basically same staff,vets and access to outside influencers

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

Apart from Mark running the show nothing much has changed as still basically same staff,vets and access to outside influencers

Given how good the horses were presented I imagine this leading influencer played a role. 

Shannon Harris, or Shaaanxo, is a YouTuber and social media sensation from New Zealand known for her makeup and beauty tips and tutorials. ...

Shannon.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Given how good the horses were presented I imagine this leading influencer played a role. 

Shannon Harris, or Shaaanxo, is a YouTuber and social media sensation from New Zealand known for her makeup and beauty tips and tutorials. ...

Shannon.jpg

One of my past jobs used to be working at the freezing works ranga thinking there must be an  easier way, not sure this is what richie was referring to! lol! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richie said:

What has changed in the All Stars is the minor details being missed.Everything has to be perfect for horses to win Group races and I know that Mark P was the hardest working person in Harness racing,used to work 16 hour days basically 7 days a week.A lot of that was pre planning.He has what  fast work times he wants sorted a week in advance.Leading up to Yearli g sales he hardly slept for a month .

What about the blood thing, you never memtioned that. Seems that is no longer going on???

• Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 10:19 AM, Newmarket said:

What are you referring to?  If it is "Blood Spinning" you are referring to then why not say it?  Innuendo only serves to suggest something else was happening.  If you know that to be the case then where is the proof?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Karrots said:

Karrots 

Karrots, firstly the NZ Tab needs to be taken to task continuously in regards to the Treatment of many punters in NZ!

I will continue to post about this while I am on BOAY.

The fact that it does not affect you should not be any reason for Brodie to be victimised!

Secondly politics is a very divisive topic at The moment and apathy from many people mainly from thE left is why NZ has many issues and they need debating.

You can continue to post what you want Karrots but Chief and Brodie will always speak theiR minds!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Karrots, firstly the NZ Tab needs to be taken to task continuously in regards to the Treatment of many punters in NZ!

I will continue to post about this while I am on BOAY.

The fact that it does not affect you should not be any reason for Brodie to be victimised!

Secondly politics is a very divisive topic at The moment and apathy from many people mainly from thE left is why NZ has many issues and they need debating.

You can continue to post what you want Karrots but Chief and Brodie will always speak theiR minds!

What a nice reply, thanks for that Brods 😄

Oh it doesn’t bother me personally, re you posting about your TAB issue. Remember not long ago in a debate you & Chief had with MG & Mikie I stated I could see both sides. And I still can. Then said I wish I didn’t say anything to get involved. I just scroll quickly past those posts, but read intentively your other posts.

Some people I think may doubt you had probs or are a true restricted. After receiving your PM not too long ago answering my questions, I am a believer that you are. No doubt in my mind. Thank you again for sharing.

Perhaps I didn’t word things as well as I could of. Losing good posters is a shame.

Anyway moving on - Some nice workouts were had at Auckland this weekend.

Sales again tomorrow, I read an article about how some people are calling for it to be permantely moved to a week in between, as they are able to syndicate and then go to the next sale with confidence knowing they can spend again. Must be exciting/nerve racking for the vendors & bidders.

Go luck to all.

PS - I wouldn’t mind being a restricted punter 1 day hehe - would translate to I guess that I won a bit from them hehehe - hopefully your tips help me in future 😄

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 10:19 AM, Newmarket said:

Amazing Dream sold to US for six figures. 

Wasn't sure where to put this or even if it was worth sharing, noticed that Amazing Dreams new USA based owners are the same owners as American Dealer. Obviously they are watching the NZ racing etc.

Saw Smooth Deal has been sold too from Feiss to new owners & changed stables. But guessing that is more due to lack of performing.

• Like 1