Bit Of A Yarn

Wellesley Stakes: "Not a lot of upside to the Winner"

Chief Stipe

49 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez I thought that was a good tough win by Quattro Quinta but then I heard what Jamie Richards said.

"We'll be pressing on with him this year as he doesn't have a lot of upside"!

Doesnt say much for those behind him!

Hope they sold him as such , tough pitch to prospective buyers .

Was a brave effort , i wouldn't mind him in my stable , hopefully surprises them . Toughness and genuine , takes them a long way , just ask Tavi Mac .

• Like 1

Easy to see Why you are so impressed with Te Akau , Chief , with those results today. 

Didn't quite win the G1 Levin Classic but nearly did and Danielle Johnson hadn't heard of before (don't watch NZ racing until today)  ,but wow she rode well and a few winners. a real match for Jamie Kah i reckon. 

Have seen the great Melody Belle a few times and Sharkie too in Oz . What a great team /results they have !!!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Didn't quite win the G1 Levin Classic but nearly did and Danielle Johnson hadn't heard of before (don't watch NZ racing until today)  ,but wow she rode well and a few winners. a real match for Jamie Kah i reckon. 

She got a bollocking for her ride on Brando.  Lisa Allpress outrode her in that one.

Danielle is bred to be good.  Her old man Peter was a useful Jockey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Easy to see Why you are so impressed with Te Akau , Chief , with those results today. 

Have seen the great Melody Belle a few times and Sharkie too in Oz . What a great team /results they have !!!!!!

The winners of the Classic , Benner and Wynard are well ahead in the strike rate table , very good trainers and their jock L Allpress right up if not better than Miss Johnson , Lisa would do well in Aus , very professional and tough as old boots . Watch both trainers and jockey .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

The winners of the Classic , Benner and Wynard are well ahead in the strike rate table , very good trainers and their jock L Allpress right up if not better than Miss Johnson , Lisa would do well in Aus , very professional and tough as old boots . Watch both trainers and jockey .

Fantastic ride in that Classic by your girl Lisa , as Chief mentioned above too. 

Think she rode that well actually,  that she had Brando covered , even if another 100m.

Thats great Te Akau and Danielle have such good opposition. !!!!  Ruins it if someone wins absolutely everything.

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

She got a bollocking for her ride on Brando.  Lisa Allpress outrode her in that one.

Danielle is bred to be good.

Sired by champion Peter. That would give you some Tactical Ability.! She's got 4 today now !!!

Is champion Chris Johnson related ??  2452 WINS , well that's just crazy good. Reckon I would barely of WATCHED that many races , let alone seeing someone win that many at our age.

A true NZ Champion of ALL time !

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez I thought that was a good tough win by Quattro Quinta but then I heard what Jamie Richards said.

"We'll be pressing on with him this year as he doesn't have a lot of upside"!

Doesnt say much for those behind him!

Yes I heard the same, I think they rate him, JR starting to talk like the cunning trainers of the past.

1 minute ago, Huey said:

Yes I heard the same, I think they rate him, JR starting to talk like the cunning trainers of the past.

I thought the Didham and Benner horses were a shade disappointing , and the 2nd horse had been whipped at Te Rapa , so not sure of the form .

Just now, nomates said:

I thought the Didham and Benner horses were a shade disappointing , and the 2nd horse had been whipped at Te Rapa , so not sure of the form .

Yes I thought Titled was poor, looking for 1200m by E&E , you'd still expect to be competitive over that trip.

3 minutes ago, Huey said:

Yes I thought Titled was poor, looking for 1200m by E&E , you'd still expect to be competitive over that trip.

Not a 2yo for mine , i would find a 1200 then a 1400 and try and get a win and put him aside , make a cracking 3yo . Didhams horse the same , i think he is even leggier than Titled .

• Like 1