Bit Of A Yarn

Filling the Void

Karrots

8 hours ago, eljay said:

Yes Karrots - a glorious day up here.     Really great there no grass track meeting over the weekend.     Many thanks to Trac for making their track(s) too expensive for the trotting club to make it worthwhile.     No doubt, Trac are happy for their facilities to be idle and not making a bit of money to help in their expenses!       

Otago anniversary Day in a few weeks usually has a dual code meeting at Wingatui. Could none of the clubs in the Auckland region do something similar?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Otago anniversary Day in a few weeks usually has a dual code meeting at Wingatui. Could none of the clubs in the Auckland region do something similar?

It's not just Auckland Ludwig - it is all of the Northland (where it is known as Northland Day), Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Gisborne regions, as well as some parts of the Manawatū-Whanganui and Hawke's Bay regions.

I thought it was a really good point, Eljay brought up. Eljay can answer your question tho 😁

20 hours ago, Karrots said:

It was a lil funny when JJ went & welcomed Karrots to RC - when I was like thinking of real Karrots meaning.

"Welcome Karrots"

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

JJ Flasher is so desperate for attention lol!  He thinks hes Karrots but unfortunately he just Plain Ol Dirty Ass Weasel!     Even mentioning his name probably gives him an erection. But despite what I and a few others think he is just as welcome to post as anyone else thanks to the open and uncensored (within reason) nature of the site. Unlike another site I can think of!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Karrots said:

I'd love to tell da 2 friends I have joined a horsey chat & named myself Karrots, oh the joy & laugh we would, but can't as it needs to be secret 😉

Why the secret, are you Brodies wife? I have seen a pic of wayne (true!)  from an undisclosed source and hes pretty handsome but hes getting a few frown wrinkles from the frustration of the restrictions placed on him by those Fat Cat Greedy Bastards from the TAB.      Bit of Botox needed I think?  Or he could just follow the advice and hints given to him by a multitude of posters here.

But like Tod Mullar he is a man of principle and wont be having any backdoor investment strategies or shenanigans!

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Why the secret

I did tell 1 person actually, another owner that I joined & started posting here. Because I wanted to use their ph, mine flat. They just looked at me blank. Don't think they believed me. 

How many people have you told Whippy that you post here, since you asked the question? 

I saw Nandolo has been exported. Is there a void that also needs to be filled with open-class ranks, to get back to topic. 

3 minutes ago, Karrots said:

I did tell 1 person actually, another owner that I joined & started posting here. Because I wanted to use their ph, mine flat. They just looked at me blank. Don't think they believed me. 

How many people have you told Whippy that you post here, since you asked the question? 

I saw Nandolo has been exported. Is there a void that also needs to be filled with open-class ranks, to get back to topic. 

Heaps of people but they dont care cause they think harness racing is boring to watch and going to the races is boring!

5 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

But why the secret?? Are you ashamed?

You better be wary, Hunty is the resident online detective here, He will found out, He is a gun, You had better bribe him with Beer to keep shum. 2 X 24 pks of Speights and a 6pk of Rangs favourite Irvines, Grissle and cheese pies should keep him satisfied!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

You better be wary, Hunty is the resident online detective here, He will found out, He is a gun, You had better bribe him with Beer to keep shum. 2 X 24 pks of Speights and a 6pk of Rangs favourite Irvines, Grissle and cheese pies should keep him satisfied!

Hunty just told me you are Rachel Glucina? Is he `on the money`?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richie said:

If I didnt know better,I would think that yourself,HTP,Brodie,Happy  and Ranga are the same person.😂😂

I would be honoured!!!   why do I get the feeling I would be last on that list in the Popularity stakes, I am not worthy to be mentioned in the same sentence as `The Brodster`! He should give me his bets to place and I will get them on and I was restricted, but for Brodster its all about `The Principle!~

At least you didnt say diddlehead JJ Flasher!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

But why the secret?? Are you ashamed?

Lets put things into perspective here,

1st - 1 of the 2 is ex, & the other a friend of ex. I would not bother risking telling the ex, incase they used it against me & with the other being a friend that risks them telling ex.

You have been on here alot longer than I so more time to tell people you surrounded by.

If it was people outside of harness then nah thinking about that I prob wouldnt care to tell and nah they prob wouldnt care either.

Inside harness I dont really many, and I have already told 1 I know.

You came at Eljay and I calling us Jaffas, instead of reacting I just tried to add a bit of humour. Maybe that has been mis-read.

I prob wouldnt call JJ a Karrot - here is an example, on a boat a small 1 but who cares, & another boat goes past & someone from the big 1 says to the driver of the smaller boat. Gee Your boat is small. 

Edited by Karrots

5 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Lets put things into perspective here,

1st - 1 of the 2 is ex, & the other a friend of ex. I would not bother risking telling the ex, incase they used it against me & with the other being a friend that risks them telling ex.

You have been on here alot longer than I so more time to tell people you surrounded by.

If it was people outside of harness then nah thinking about that I prob wouldnt care to tell and nah they prob wouldnt care either.

Inside harness I dont really many, and I have already told 1 I know.

You came at Eljay and I calling us Jaffas, instead of reacting I just tried to add a bit of humour. Maybe that has been mis-read.

I prob wouldnt call JJ a Karrot - here is an example, on a boat a small 1 but who cares, & another boat goes past & someone from the big 1 says to the driver of the smaller boat. Gee Your boat is small. 

We all one big happy family here,I think most of us have a fair idea of who some of us are

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?   Who are the 2?  Please no offence but that post is about as clear as a crackheads recount of his week!

Why would posting on BOAY be used against you, I havent read anything that was offensive?   Is MVB your ex?   If your offended by the word Jaffa then I think your in for a treat when I really get rolling!

KEYBOARD WARRIOR OF THE YEAR 2021 : WHIPLASH SMILE

2020: CRAIG KENNET

2019: CRAIG KENNET

2018: POISON DWARF

2017:  CRAIG KENNET

2016: CRAIG KENNET

SINCE THE INTERNET BEGAN TILL 2015 : CRAIG KENNET

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?   Who are the 2?  Please no offence but that post is about as clear as a crackheads recount of his week!

Why would posting on BOAY be used against you, I havent read anything that was offensive?   Is MVB your ex?   If your offended by the word Jaffa then I think your in for a treat when I really get rolling!

I thought that the 2 that  Karrots referred to were Hunty and Ranga

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Because I specially said that 1 of the people that made up the term Karrot was someone that moved back here.

I said it would be funny telling them that I have used that term as my user name. Another example would be an article about a lady & she stopped her car on the footpath CBD Auckland, she wouldn't let a pedestrian pass. Saying she owned the whole road or something. Well that is another example. 

You would prob give people like my examples a more harsher name. Karrot is more polite.

Then you asked a question regarding why the secret.

I answered your question.

Ok. Fine if you have never had a potential problematic ex. That is great for you.

No idea who Craig Kennet is.

Whippy, I actually like chatting with you. I don’t know why the sudden you Turn and you hating on me.

Gosh if you think I am posting too much or out of control on here, just PM me, its not a problem. Ill go back out on a spell but a longer one.

7 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Because I specially said that 1 of the people that made up the term Karrot was someone that moved back here.

I said it would be funny telling them that I have used that term as my user name. Another example would be an article about a lady & she stopped her car on the footpath CBD Auckland, she wouldn't let a pedestrian pass. Saying she owned the whole road or something. Well that is another example. 

You would prob give people like my examples a more harsher name. Karrot is more polite.

Then you asked a question regarding why the secret.

I answered your question.

Ok. Fine if you have never had a potential problematic ex. That is great for you.

No idea who Craig Kennet is.

Whippy, I actually like chatting with you. I don’t know why the sudden you Turn and you hating on me.

Gosh if you think I am posting too much or out of control on here, just PM me, its not a problem. Ill go back out on a spell but a longer one.

No I not turning on you its just you talk so cryptically that Im still confused what or who you are talking about!  Nevermind no longer interested,

Dont sulk, (going for a spell)  This is an online forum, being a journo I would have thought that you were abit more durable than most, it seems you are very sensitive!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt!  If you look to the top you can hide my posts if they upset you, and my apologies if they have.

Sorry Rachel

10 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

No I not turning on you its just you talk so cryptically that Im still confused what or who you are talking about!  Nevermind no longer interested,

Dont sulk, (going for a spell)  This is an online forum, being a journo I would have thought that you were abit more durable than most, it seems you are very sensitive!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt!  If you look to the top you can hide my posts if they upset you, and my apologies if they have.

Sorry Rachel

I actually google her the other day, as her name popped up in a story, when I googled someone else. I went to her linked in page and looks like she lives in England now. 

Im aware of posting too much. I actually mentioned it a week or so ago. 

Just really enthusiastic, but don't want that to come across as being too over-bearing on here. 

I was actually excited and happy when I was accepted on here & so quickly. Because I don't really have many others to talk to about the horses. (That is why I try to welcome other newbies on when they join). 

But yeah, don't want to outstay my welcome or over-do it. Ill keep a lil eye on here, see what you guys/gals are posting about, see how our list of Filling the Void is getting on & the 2y-os.

Then maybe in a couple weeks or so come back ... who knows. Maybe by then that journo that I think is against the Harness industry might have put out another story by then. 

Edited by Karrots

1 minute ago, Karrots said:

I actually google her the other day, as her name popped up in a story, when I googled someone else. I went to her linked in page and looks like she lives in England now. 

Im aware of posting too much. I actually mentioned it a week or so ago. 

I just an really enthusiastic, but don't want that to come across as being too over-bearing on here. 

I was actually excited and happy when I was accepted on here & so quickly. Because I don't really have many others to talk to about the horses. (That is why I try to welcome other newbies on when they join). 

But yeah, don't want to outstay my welcome or over-do it. Ill keep a lil eye on here, see what you guys/gals are posting about, see how our list of Filling the Void is getting on & the 2y-os.

Then maybe in a couple weeks or so come back ... who knows. Maybe by then that journo that I think is against the Harness industry might have put out another story by then. 

Post as much as you want , its a forum, if anyone didnt like it they can push that button at the top, You ok Karrots, post as much as you like!!

• Like 5

Cool. Thank you Whippy, Galah & Brodie. 

I have thought of some nice subjects we could talk about soon. 

Whippy we are not all doushe bags in Auckland.  I thought it was a really good point Elijay brought up re no grass track meetings in North Island, something, that if not being talked about should be! Hello is this being talked about?

Whippy FYI I told a friend today I on here, they like oh cool when we watch your horse. I like not for maybe 2 years. They like ok cool we get crew together & watch 😊

Super sweet 😀

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Karrots said:

With a number of trainers stepping off the scene in the past 12 months, there is a void to fill.

Who do people think will be making headlines for them selves over the next 12 months?

Ill be keeping my eye out for another M Purdon.

Reason - I noticed he made a number of purchases at the 2020 yearling sales and has those up as being trained by him as 2 y-os. He also had a couple of nice ones, Willie Go West & Major Trojan from what I saw at a glance from a small pool to work with.

Anyone else have their eye on anyone in particular to see how they go, and who might be part filling that void and why?

What a lovely feel good story there was on this young gentleman today. Will be keeping an eye on Mystic Max in the Jewels Colours this Sunday. 

Of course good luck to ALL participants.