Bit Of A Yarn

Filling the Void

Karrots

29 minutes ago, boobybec said:

will be sipping water now Davo ... Lincoln Farms horses never get them right

Oh Becs,

I promise I was so close to writing to you to take Shanlou place at high odds fixed $4.80. Reasons I was going to give were, she was green, her 1st 2 starts, she raced Alex & against the boys, she dropping back to Camb & she well breed. Her full bro to race to date won like 4 from 10. 

She good place chance if they go forward. But I not sure they go forward as they had not in her 2 and only races to date. I even re-watched both her races today. But decided against tipping for you, & didn't take myself. She came in and got 2nd paid big place $.

Ill share any tip I think worth, next time with you 😘

Im still in with my multi. Going well so far ..... hoping last leg comes thru 🙈

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

is murray edmonds going to good to venture upto nelson and blenheim thesedays

Further further updated list

M Purdon - Future

C Dalgety 

R Todd

T Chmiel 

B Purdon

S Reid

Hill

All Butcher Boys

A Black

J Morrison - Future

D O’Connell - on list due to having done an amazing job with keeping some of his team going for many starts. Record breaking stuff. 

A. Poutama

M Edmonds

A Donnelly

** Green/Telfer/Dunn/House already get their share of headlines so looking beyond.

Side-note tip don't date a bookie - giggles

31 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Maria Perritton looks to have a good team in 2021 🤭

Well Newmarket, hobby trainer/owner 

C Webber, just took out 2 races at Camb tonight. 2 horses in, 2 winners. Take that 😉

This M Perritton, don't know of her, but see she has a horse that has given birth & back racing again & won since. Maybe that was news worthy at time. 

Btw I agreed & thought fair enough re your thread Tiger Moth. I'm not qualified to form a full informed opinion as don't know horse nor horses it raced, but after watching since you mentioned & yeah it was quite the win. 

12 hours ago, Karrots said:

This M Perritton, don't know of her, but see she has a horse that has given birth & back racing again & won since. Maybe that was news worthy at time. 

go to driver for kelvin vincent back when the brodster was in his prime and going through his perm phase

lordshipman, watbro ford, go duke etc

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Karrots said:
On 1/21/2021 at 2:50 PM, Rangatira said:

Further further updated list

M Purdon - Future

C Dalgety 

R Todd

T Chmiel 

B Purdon

S Reid

Well that was a good one, was just watching Addington R3 to pick on STICKMAN  , as seemed to be racing poorly.

Thought Terry Chmiel might not 'make-it' to help replace the ALLSTARS void that has been left, (on the list) 

then Strike a Light , STICKMAN won easily untouched !!!

hahaha  now have to say  'well done Terry!' welcome to the list, a worthy addition filling the void.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rangatira said:

go to driver for kelvin vincent back when the brodster was in his prime and going through his perm phase

lordshipman, watbro ford, go duke etc

I repeat Ranga, Brodie is always in his prime!

As for a perm, not much chance of that, but bell bottoms was the go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Karrots said:

How's our list going …

Z Butcher off to a flyer.

Gamms noted T Chmiel got a nice win.

C Dalgety nice 2 yo win.

Two wins for A. Black at Winton and a win the week before

... more to come!!

Edited by Davis
spelling mistakes
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Karrots said:

With a number of trainers stepping off the scene in the past 12 months, there is a void to fill.

Who do people think will be making headlines for them selves over the next 12 months?

Ill be keeping my eye out for another M Purdon.

Reason - I noticed he made a number of purchases at the 2020 yearling sales and has those up as being trained by him as 2 y-os. He also had a couple of nice ones, Willie Go West & Major Trojan from what I saw at a glance from a small pool to work with.

I have not done full fledge research on this, just caught my eye due to the above mentioned. Be interested to see if he lines up again and gets more at the yearling sale next month.

Anyone else have their eye on anyone in particular to see how they go, and who might be part filling that void and why?

I know I am biased, but I firmly back the Williamson boys to become even more prominent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I know I am biased, but I firmly back the Williamson boys to become even more prominent.

Updated list - yay Ludwig is back. Sorry Lidwig I know you got funky monkey about a certain word recently, but yes, I was thinking this too. Add to BOAY list at the top. You/me Ludwig 😉 Actually got to depart now 😇 See you Friday 😄

Williamson boys yeehaa

M Purdon - Future

C Dalgety 

R Todd

T Chmiel 

B Purdon

S Reid

Hill

All Butcher Boys

A Black

J Morrison - Future

D O’Connell - on list due to having done an amazing job with keeping some of his team going for many starts. Record breaking stuff. 

A. Poutama

M Edmonds

A Donnelly

On 1/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, Davis said:

Two wins for A. Black at Winton and a win the week before

... more to come!!

Three wins for A. Black at Invercargill on Saturday from four starters. Vintage Cheddar fifth in Cup, a good effort because he is not really a handicap horse. This young trainer is the real deal!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Three wins for A. Black at Invercargill on Saturday from four starters. Vintage Cheddar fifth in Cup, a good effort because he is not really a handicap horse. This young trainer is the real deal!!

You might be onto something here Davis. Didn't know of this man, until you have highlighted on here. Took a look at his UDR & yeah quite good.

I wonder how much our list of trainers cost all in comparison to each other. And who is the most value for money for example.

Edited by Karrots

On 1/21/2021 at 12:57 AM, Gammalite said:

More of an Abyss than a 'void to fill' with Alexy helping being the 'Void' filler.

Pretty impressive to get to 300 starts though. What a tough effort that is. Imagine the truck miles covered ???

Check out this bloke , an old kiwi, having his 400th start next week at Albion Park. (300 odd sub 2.00 minute miles , must be near a record effort I would think) 

LANCELOT BROMAC NZ

View at HRA Online
Foal Date 31 October 2009 
Colour / Sex BAY GELDING 
Sire ART MAJOR USA 
Dam LIFE OF LUXURY (NZ) 
Broodmare Sire LIVE OR DIE USA 
Owner(s) S W Dickson, M J Manners
Breeder(s) Bromac Lodge Ltd, Cee Bee Holdings Ltd 
Trainer S W Dickson 
Gait PACER 
Class NR49 

Lifetime

Summary: 399-28-62-50 
Stakes: $316,181
Best Winning Mile Rate: 1:53.8

Gamms, thought you might like this 😁 It is just a few days old. But it hit mainstream media and looks like was on TV news too. A nice positive story about Alexy & trainer D O'C. They are on our list too! 😁 Nominated by Brods 😁

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2021/01/horse-racing-battler-horse-alexa-cements-cult-hero-status-with-new-record.html

BTW did you know here in NZ the Northern half of NZ are on a public holiday, while the rest celebrate there day another day.

Yes Karrots - a glorious day up here.     Really great there no grass track meeting over the weekend.     Many thanks to Trac for making their track(s) too expensive for the trotting club to make it worthwhile.     No doubt, Trac are happy for their facilities to be idle and not making a bit of money to help in their expenses!       

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yes Karrots - a glorious day up here.     Really great there no grass track meeting over the weekend.     Many thanks to Trac for making their track(s) too expensive for the trotting club to make it worthwhile.     No doubt, Trac are happy for their facilities to be idle and not making a bit of money to help in their expenses!       

Haha yip beaut day up here. Call it Eljay, call it! 😁 

jim carrey good call GIF by O&O, Inc

29 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Gamms, thought you might like this 😁 It is just a few days old. But it hit mainstream media and looks like was on TV news too. A nice positive story about Alexy & trainer D O'C. They are on our list too! 😁 Nominated by Brods 😁

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2021/01/horse-racing-battler-horse-alexa-cements-cult-hero-status-with-new-record.html

BTW did you know here in NZ the Northern half of NZ are on a public holiday, while the rest celebrate there day another day.

Is it Latte day for the jaffas?🥳

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Haha. It's REALLY different nowadays, in sense so many different nationalities. The further South you head, more like old NZ demographically. Well that is how I see it. I'm used to it now, didn't particularly like it at first. But it is what it is.

There are still some here but more minority, you know who think they are special. But overall it's different nowadays. So many moving out, too pricey. 

Went to America's Cup tho 2 days ago. That was a treat 😁

Edited by Karrots

1 hour ago, whiplash smile said:

Actually funny story that's how I got my user name Karrots. Not Jaffas, but Karrots. A couple of friends & I that moved back from LA thought it was very funny & someone made up name. Karrots actual. Like those that thought they really special.

Must of been thinking about Karrots & to be silly entered it as my username. 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

19 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Actually funny story that's how I got my user name Karrots. Not Jaffas, but Karrots. A couple of friends & I that moved back from LA thought it was very funny & someone made up name. Karrots actual. Like those that thought they really special.

Must of been thinking about Karrots & to be silly entered it as my username. 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Oh ok, thought it was cause horses like carrots. Rumour has a young pro punter named wayne wears a carrot down his pants when he goes to da club!!!    Just rumour though!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Oh ok, thought it was cause horses like carrots. Rumour has a young pro punter named wayne wears a carrot down his pants when he goes to da club!!!    Just rumour though!

Really, oh more gossip, gossip. Dat funny 😆

Yeah after I started posting & realized it worked like Karrots/carrots, but no actual like oh gosh what a Kiwi-Karrot lol. Goes like dat. (just those that think they really special, but they not really).

I'd love to tell da 2 friends I have joined a horsey chat & named myself Karrots, oh the joy & laugh we would, but can't as it needs to be secret 😉

No lattes for me today lol, very boring, just swanning around on BOAY. That more fun anyway 😁

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1