Bit Of A Yarn

Avondale racecourse land for sale

Delta Bro

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

1500528661.jpg

Chief , what happened to the Night racing at this venue ? Auckland a large city so people must go there to enjoy horses? or did the Trainers do the 'sulk' and not go there?

Auckland weather mild most of year so should be ok. Moonie Valley , Cranbourne, Canterbury popular Friday nights in Oz. Hard on jockeys I guess? those riding features on Sat would be 'doing it tough' I guess.

As a member can answer the above.  When they raced on Summer  nights they had higher turn overs than when they raced during the day. It was the  Winter nights that killed them.  Should have done it only in Summer months. Had that related by a committee member at the time.  Then the stock market crashed and they lost a lot of sponsorships,

• Like 2

Just now, Ronaldo said:

As a member can answer the above.  When they raced on Summer  nights they had higher turn overs than when they raced during the day. It was the  Winter nights that killed them.  One night the weather was so foul they had 3 members there besides the 3 of us.  Should have done it only in Summer months. Had that related by a committee member at the time.  Then the stock market crashed and they lost a lot of sponsorships,

On 6/03/2021 at 7:11 PM, Ronaldo said:

Sorry about double posting, something here not working as it should.

An own goal.

I wonder what the half a dozen residential home owners think?

Quite frankly a crazy idea. From my memory the bit of land slopes way from the track so how one could build problematical. Must be better ways of raising cash particularly being asset rich.