Bit Of A Yarn

Valmagne

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

A winner of over $250,000 for the connections, but these sickos keep racing this poor 13yr old who is clearly buggered, down to a walk again tonight.

Surely the stipes need to step in and make this horse retire, it’s sad to watch a former Rowe Cup placegetter being flogged by the trainer and connections.

Really the point should not be how old the horse is,not what some people think of mr kennett,but should be whether the horse is still competitive. 

If you look at todays performance you would say no, but then you have to factor in did M Williamsons decision to shift inwards contribute to valmagne stopping so quick,and i think that it did.So really it was probably a reasonable decision not to warn the horse because of that. 

But whatever the horse,you have to ask why is it ok for some drivers to pull in or out of the way of others sometimes. I know i have pointed out Zac butcher doing that in the past,depending on who he is driving against,but why don't they just keep their horses going if they aren't causing interference.

Edited by the galah

5 hours ago, the galah said:

Really the point should not be how old the horse is,not what some people think of mr kennett,but should be whether the horse is still competitive. 

If you look at todays performance you would say no, but then you have to factor in did M Williamsons decision to shift inwards contribute to valmagne stopping so quick,and i think that it did.So really it was probably a reasonable decision not to warn the horse because of that. 

But whatever the horse,you have to ask why is it ok for some drivers to pull in or out of the way of others sometimes. I know i have pointed out Zac butcher doing that in the past,depending on who he is driving against,but why don't they just keep their horses going if they aren't causing interference.

Are you seriously questioning the intention of M Williamson to ease the horse down and take it to the inside? He as stated in the stipes report did it for safety reasons, so can only assume he had the best intention for the horse

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roman said:

Are you seriously questioning the intention of M Williamson to ease the horse down and take it to the inside? He as stated in the stipes report did it for safety reasons, so can only assume he had the best intention for the horse

Well you need to watch the video .The video i watched show he caused his own horse to trot rough and slow up by steering it in slightly. No doubt his intention was not for that to happen,but it did. The horse was not travelling well,but certainly was not going to slow up like it did prior to his move.Their was never any safety issue.

And here we are with many blaming the horse, when the drive was a factor in its performance. 

Edited by the galah

3 hours ago, Roman said:

I thought Matty's drive was very wise. The horse clearly had nothing left, and I thought he did the sensible thing.

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Well you need to watch the video .The video i watched show he caused his own horse to trot rough and slow up by steering it in slightly. No doubt his intention was not for that to happen,but it did. The horse was not travelling well,but certainly was not going to slow up like it did prior to his move.Their was never any safety issue.

And here we are with many blaming the horse, when the drive was a factor in its performance. 

Me oh my have you got something wrong. Matty was flicking it with the reins for near on 1000m before Valmagne was eased down. Great sportsmanship and horsemanship by Matty, 12/10

Matty I think is a fantastic driver, #3 in NZ currently. If anything he made the horse have more of a chance than anyone else on it. Think you are trying to start something, where something isn't needed.

General consensus is that Valmagne should be retired. Also that most people on here are probably banned/blocked from the Harness Owners Federation on FB

13 minutes ago, Roman said:

Me oh my have you got something wrong. Matty was flicking it with the reins for near on 1000m before Valmagne was eased down. Great sportsmanship and horsemanship by Matty, 12/10

Matty I think is a fantastic driver, #3 in NZ currently. If anything he made the horse have more of a chance than anyone else on it. Think you are trying to start something, where something isn't needed.

General consensus is that Valmagne should be retired. Also that most people on here are probably banned/blocked from the Harness Owners Federation on FB

So you completely failed to address what i have said. I was commenting on one specific moment of one drive,but its obvious you think Mr williamson is great. 

Never heard of the  harness owners federation,don't do facebook,but sounds like they could learn that everyone has a point of view,and everyone is entitled to express it where ever they want.And they need to learn they should not to take offence.

26 minutes ago, the galah said:

So you completely failed to address what i have said. I was commenting on one specific moment of one drive,but its obvious you think Mr williamson is great. 

Never heard of the  harness owners federation,don't do facebook,but sounds like they could learn that everyone has a point of view,and everyone is entitled to express it where ever they want.And they need to learn they should not to take offence.

You are making assumptions and when you assume you make an ass out of u and me!

You said that Matty caused the horse to "trot rough and slow up" it was already struggling at this time, was he meant to just hold his line and gallop back on Sundons Flyer? Or take action and move to the inside? That's a rhetorical question btw