Bit Of A Yarn

TAB-NZ - Bloopers, bugs and general stuff ups.

Guest CrossCodes

What do you all think of the ‘new’ bet slip they now have on the website.

Maybe I’m getting old but the buttons are so small on the new slip I’m constantly entering the wrong amounts, it appears they have made it even harder to place a bet.

And then after you have placed a bet it often holds the last bet you placed, so you have to delete it from your bet slip before you can place a new bet.

They don’t have a clue do they?

Edited by CrossCodes

26 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

What do you all think of the ‘new’ bet slip they now have on the website.

Maybe I’m getting old but the buttons are so small on the new slip I’m constantly entering the wrong amounts, it appears they have made it even harder to place a bet.

And then after you have placed a bet it often holds the last bet you placed, so you have to delete it from your bet slip before you can place a new bet.

They don’t have a clue do they?

Another IT whiz kid trying to show some noddy he knows his stuff , unfortunately no one bothered to check with some punters whether it was of any real use .

Some one is getting paid industry money to make this shit up .

9 minutes ago, nomates said:

Another IT whiz kid trying to show some noddy he knows his stuff , unfortunately no one bothered to check with some punters whether it was of any real use .

Some one is getting paid industry money to make this shit up .

True. They try to prioritise aesthetics before user friendliness and that is a completely rooted way of going about website design!

Edited by Nowornever
  • Like 1

Obviously they are making too much money , closed betting on the Oamaru cup on official start time , took over another minute before they jumped , a lot of money goes on in the last minute before a race jumps so they have cost themselves . Again .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nomates said:

Obviously they are making too much money , closed betting on the Oamaru cup on official start time , took over another minute before they jumped , a lot of money goes on in the last minute before a race jumps so they have cost themselves . Again .

Yep, that was $6 saved for me, but overall, likely many turnover $$$'s lost to them. 

Yes got caught with the early closing myself, but saved me 40 odd dollars this time. I find the new betslip cumbersome. If it aint broke springs to mind. Just more wastage and fiddling from a top heavy bureaucracy for mine, much preferred the old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am not suggesting we are going to go from 5000 to 100,000, but it gives you an idea of the order of change that's available."

Allen hoped an expanded menu of betting options would stem the flow of Kiwi punters to overseas betting sites such as Betfair and Ladbrokes.

The NZRB hopes to double the number of people who have accounts with the TAB and bet regularly from 90,000 to 180,000 over the next couple of years.

But the primary financial goal of the partnership would be to improve the TAB's profit margins by between $12 million and $36m a year by preventing foreign punters from taking advantage of TAB misspricing.

The TAB currently calculates the odds it offers on events manually," Allen said.

"The challenge for us is when you are a manual operation, you can't move your odds as quickly as an automated operation .

"You risk being 'arbitraged' by people around the world who are looking for value, because they know odds offered by some bookmakers will have moved but your prices haven't."

An automated system would mean fewer opportunities for sophisticated punters to play off the TAB against other betting agencies.

"We want punters to bet with us because we give them a fair price. But we don't want to be taken for a ride, because every dollar we make in profit is a dollar that goes to the New Zealand [racing] industry," Allen said. (the only ones getting taken for a ride are those involved in the Racing Industry by means of employment or by having financial interests.

$50,000,000 plus another 17 million a year to amp up the Paddy Power share price and the system pricing logarithm gives better odds for top 3 than top 2. Every raceday you see this occurring and you want punters to bet with you because you give them a fair price ha. Anyone who bet on the fav in the race below Top 2  should have had a pop-up message appearing saying 'please bend over when placing your bet.   

"You risk being 'arbitraged' by people around the world who are looking for value" - hardly any risk when there is no value.

No description available.

16 minutes ago, nomates said:

past 5pm and they still haven't posted odds for Cambridge tomorrow , have they just forgotten , or perhaps with possibility of it raining their not sure how to set markets , haven't had a rainy raceday on the A/W yet so form could play a bit diff .

They might be in the queues at the Supermarket.

Or...

They are expecting the Transpower prediction of a power emergency tonight to come true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

I think they are expecting a lockdown hence no meeting .

Look on the brightside at least you won't be viewing Fixed Odds skewed in the TAB's favour by providing odds on balloted out horses.  Although I note that there are less and less balloted out horses now than when the Cambridge AWT started.

• Like 1