Bit Of A Yarn

TAB-NZ - Bloopers, bugs and general stuff ups.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Turns out they were three jumps races at Stratford-on-Avon in the UK tonight.

Bugger my wife and i had thought great we'll go , night racing back on the agenda . We were going to take torches just incase . 

Thought maybe this was one NZTR/TAB secret ideas to rejuvinate NZ racing and turnover .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tough bugger this one starts 3 times in a day twice. One of the horses races on May 19th  winner was Benson Boys form info says it actually won on the 12 May last year no win on 19th. Never seen before a runners formline showing obvious signs of a glitch like this.

hhh.JPG

Edited by NZRacing
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2021 at 2:37 PM, mikeynz said:

Talking about bloopers,one going on at the moment,soccer in plays are stuffed up at present.

earlier in may

is corbin nepe aka the brodster ?

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-national/punters-fury-over-tab-refusal-pay-out-110k-winnings?fbclid=IwAR1qikzqy7hLia1_OjcLsKfmJEO4P2jLFnIcWsEjRqu608wjGK-0cIrAt40

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Didn't the TAB pay $50 million plus for the platform and a ridiculous amount per year to keep it maintained?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Actually I'm thinking that there are bigger problems than not changing in play odds for sports as in the newspaper report.  I've seen some funny things recently.  

I saw a horse paying around $10 on the tote and $30's on Fixed odds.  I liked it regardless of the price but definitely jumped on the $30's.  The Fixed odds price went out more (after the tote closed!) as did the tote price which ended up at $16.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:20 PM, NZRacing said:

Tough bugger this one starts 3 times in a day twice. One of the horses races on May 19th  winner was Benson Boys form info says it actually won on the 12 May last year no win on 19th. Never seen before a runners formline showing obvious signs of a glitch like this.

hhh.JPG

That is actually right, you're reading it wrong. The Winton runs were 2018, then 2019 etc. It is the year not the day, seems to be the case for older form lines.

• 4 weeks later...

So the HOPELESS 'form analysts' at the NZ Tab...

...decided that S for Synthetic ACTUALLY means SOFT

Yep you guessed it

The f wits have attributed SYNTHETIC FORM into the SOFT track column of their 'form guides'

Only a relly relly stupid person would do this...or some data entry ignoramus with 

no f in idea...yea that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To prove a point , that the NZTAB thinks we are all just a load of junked up gambling addicts , today they have gone from offering a bonus back if your horse runs 2/3/4th , to saying just back number 1 and if it runs 2/3/4th you will get a bonus bet . Don't worry about studying form or any of that other shit just gives us your money on number 1 and we will look after you . 

Their lack of understanding really does astound me , regularly now . 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nomates said:

To prove a point , that the NZTAB thinks we are all just a load of junked up gambling addicts , today they have gone from offering a bonus back if your horse runs 2/3/4th , to saying just back number 1 and if it runs 2/3/4th you will get a bonus bet . Don't worry about studying form or any of that other shit just gives us your money on number 1 and we will look after you . 

Their lack of understanding really does astound me , regularly now . 

I thought you might be beyond being 'astounded',   by now.

You know, the off loading of the NZTAB to an offshore provider cannot come fast enough. Complete amateurs to say the least. Exorbitant takeouts that are strangling punters leaving only the addicted still in the game. Idiots and parrots fronting the TV and calling the races. I find the mute button is a must if you do not want to be driven insane with the babble that comes out of trackside. I know i'm being ungenerous but i cannot help it.

• Like 3

On 15/06/2021 at 1:20 PM, Thomass said:

So the HOPELESS 'form analysts' at the NZ Tab...

...decided that S for Synthetic ACTUALLY means SOFT

Yep you guessed it

The f wits have attributed SYNTHETIC FORM into the SOFT track column of their 'form guides'

Only a relly relly stupid person would do this...or some data entry ignoramus with 

no f in idea...yea that

I had a side bet with my partner over whether this would happen. Happy to win a bet, but proving to be right is just another sign of how close the industry is to imploding.   I think it is about time we started recruiting new personnel. Let's start with professional fire fighters to douse the flames from a fallen industry & a large bird which emanates from Greek Mythology so we can rebuild from the ground up.

• Like 3

MEETING NEWS

Hurdle at Timaru 25 June now 0-1 Hurdle

At the request of the NZ Jumps Association, and with subsequent approval from the South Island Programming Chairman and NZTR, the hurdle race at Timaru on Thursday 24 June will be for 0-1 hurdlers for a stake of $15,000.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...