Bit Of A Yarn

Chicago H!! Have a look Stipes!

Newmarket

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

What do you think, did Derek Balle give this horse a chance to pay a divvie in the straight? 
Very quiet drive indeed

Thats the way he always drives those inexperienced trotters.The horse actually showed a bit of improvement tonight.Balle is one of those  handful of drivers that deserves closer scrutiny going on past drives,but i don't think tonight was one of those occasions.

I thought the stipes took action against the right driver when they opened an inquiry into d ferguson team driving.

I can't understand why ferguson thinks he can get away with his drive tonight. When you see team driving like that it puts doubt into punters minds as to whether ferguson will drive his horses on their merits,or will he drive to advantage a stablemate in the same race.I used to think he was pretty honest,but thats the second time in a couple of months that he has done a dodgy drive.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Auckland racing is pretty sedate and boring.

They do a lot of team driving and not a lo5 of movement in the running.

Tony H and Zac Butcher get treated like gods up there and are the 2 best.

Have to agree Brodster. sadly. ....and even with The Galah and Newmarket to a degree.

Many cases treated differently at Auckland, than other places, and with Bernie Hackett and Telfer with many runners per race at times , the racing is very 'questionable' to say the least.

Herlihy with Krug got off lightly, a few Telfer races, (but congrats to them pulling off multiple good results),

Newmarket pointed out Emma Frost in the trot last night. (the grey trotter) she goes 'awkwardly' for the first lap each time, but sit back until last quarter and rush home late for 4th??? Why not mid -race movement like you say, get her rolling, (horse in the death won the race so weren't going too fast) seems silly trying to leave it so late to get into it. 

and how about the great trotter TEMPORALE, (3rd in the Rowe Cup recently), and beat good horse BOLT for Brilliance in a Group 3 just lately in early March, BUT also in March , a DISGRACEFUL drive letting stablemate Invictus win in a '5 horse field' no less?????  in a 2.04 mile rate. Didn't even look him (leader Invictus) in the eye at any stage.???? Young Tony Cameron the driver , absolute shameful effort. should of got time for not trying.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, the galah said:

I can't understand why ferguson thinks he can get away with his drive tonight. When you see team driving like that it puts doubt into punters minds as to whether ferguson will drive his horses on their merits,or will he drive to advantage a stablemate in the same race.I used to think he was pretty honest,but thats the second time in a couple of months that he has done a dodgy drive.

That was nearly the worst I have ever seen. The outside barrier horse , and only a two year old , Classy Operator had the option to settle last , but just pressed on !!! down the back the first time , Because it's Stable-mate was in front ? and he could give it a lovely suck up to the home straight. AND it won too! the stable-mate . Excellent planning , but man, NO CHANCE was Classy Operator of hanging on driven like that for the first lap. (Maybe Gammalite coulda lol..but not many) 

AA AA a total drive just for the stablemate only. warrants a hefty penalty in my view.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Auckland racing is pretty sedate and boring.

They do a lot of team driving and not a lo5 of movement in the running.

Tony H and Zac Butcher get treated like gods up there and are the 2 best.

Compare that to what goes on at Cambridge....not unusual to have 4 drivers with the same surname in one race. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

That was nearly the worst I have ever seen. The outside barrier horse , and only a two year old , Classy Operator had the option to settle last , but just pressed on !!! down the back the first time , Because it's Stable-mate was in front ? and he could give it a lovely suck up to the home straight. AND it won too! the stable-mate . Excellent planning , but man, NO CHANCE was Classy Operator of hanging on driven like that for the first lap. (Maybe Gammalite coulda lol..but not many) 

AA AA a total drive just for the stablemate only. warrants a hefty penalty in my view.

It was the deliberately running wide about 100 metres before the passing lane to let his stablemate through that was the dishonest bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1