Bit Of A Yarn

Ellerslie Hill

Freda

3 hours ago, Freda said:

True that.   however, looking back,  it has been shown repeatedly that it is not just the ARC that is being subsidised, but the bigger clubs generally.  It is a no brainer that some sort of funding has to be set aside for the staking of Grp races - esp. as races here in NZ don't return their stakemoney through betting revenue on racing.   They need to drag in all sorts of additional income just to maintain a veneer of profitability.  But the smaller clubs have been squeezed more and more, to the point where, when the volunteers become too old, too tired, or just too dispirited to keep doing what they have done for years, facilities become shabby and rundown;  that combined with poor dates....gone.

So,  if 'the Hill' development falls behind what is envisaged  -  what is left to get squeezed?       And will future committees of the ARC be as keen to devolve their profits into propping up the rest of the industry?

Exactly right Freda and there is no way the big clubs will reciprocate that subsidisation even the ARC , they will want something for it nothing is more certain.

Despite the fact many of them are incapable of surviving without subsidisation and when the public work out their fun xmas racing is just some standardised diluted fare instead of the country summer racing they have supported so well over the years, well you'd expect interest in the sport to fall through the floor. Not to mention participation levels which will be negatively impacted by this approach taken by the likes of NZTR. 

I struggle to see how anything being done is good for the future of racing in this country, like all good businesses the industry should have been stripped down to the levels where is worked financially , instead they have chosen a route to rid the industry of the parts that keep it in motion.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What's the bet we will see Cambridge pitching up soon for industry money to build a new stand and restaurant at their AWT?!

Actually they probably won't have that much cheek given they had enough money to build their own AWT without a taxpayer handout.

52 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I think until they can gauge if there is much interest in the midweek low key AWT meetingsI think the only stand they should be worrying about is a hot dog stand.

Don't worry the PR around it will all be good, that much for certain.

On 15/05/2021 at 8:43 AM, nomates said:

Your going to provide some sort of dictionary with those words , they wouldn't have a clue what your talking about other wise .

Cost Benefits  analysis- Deals with all the cost and benefits of a decision. Overall picture. 

Simulation analyst- Looks at probability of different situations and cashflow happening.

Incremental cashflow analyst- Looks at as new project is added what that project produce by itself, from new activity.

Economic Value Added- Looks at return made after taking into account cost of capital or risks involved. 

Any decent properly run company, should do these four stage or more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Cost Benefits  analysis- Deals with all the cost and benefits of a decision. Overall picture. 

Simulation analyst- Looks at probability of different situations and cashflow happening.

Incremental cashflow analyst- Looks at as new project is added what that project produce by itself, from new activity.

Economic Value Added- Looks at return made after taking into account cost of capital or risks involved. 

Any decent properly run company, should do these four stage or more.

Geez now you've just double downed on the difficulty of understanding level for them . If they have done any of that , and there is great doubt about , they're not sharing . No one , and i mean no one , has been able to produce anything that resembles any of the above .

One would think if they had and it gave a positive spin on it all they're egos wouldn't be able resist putting it out there for public consumption . Plus they can't use the argument of commercial sensitivity as no one else is in competition with them . So we must deduce from all of that , that they have not done any of the above , but i am more than happy for someone to correct me . 

What some will say to me is that i am a naysayer and should be blindingly more positive and trusting in where they are taking us . But as i have said many a time , show me the information that will guide me into that positive frame of mind and i will gladly follow .

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1