Bit Of A Yarn

Whanganu's HOPELESS Track and NZTR's HOPELESS response

What a cesspit of a track this outfit has....

Easily fixed...yet they allow a DANGEROUS super fast lane down the outside where only 3/4 widths are fast...

Solution...put a fricken outside rail up...or water the damn thing into oblivion...

To MAKE RACING FAIR ACROSS THE WIDTH...wtf knew how easy?

Then NZTR allows their Track manager to post blatantly INACCURATE Track data...

I.E the pen reading is only taken to the 4.5 mark

When they're coming down the outside from Race 1...FFS

Simple question for the NZTR simpletons

Whats the reading where the field ACTUALLY RACES ON?

Thanks

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Easily fixed...yet they allow a DANGEROUS super fast lane down the outside where only 3/4 widths are fast.

Why was it dangerous?

Only dangerous to your pocket when you didn't adjust your blueprint after race one?

With regard to your blueprint are you looking for excuses why it didn't work?

Seems to me that the winners and placing favouritism distribution was as to be expected.

What a joke!  You want a Heavy 11 track watered so Jockey's don't have to think about where to place their horses?  FFS you are as bad as Pitty with your understanding of turf, soil and how irrigation works!

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Easily fixed...yet they allow a DANGEROUS super fast lane down the outside where only 3/4 widths are fast...

Solution...put a fricken outside rail up...or water the damn thing into oblivion...

Thanks

I backed 4 winners on Thursday , whilst i agree it's a poor look there are tracks everywhere , here and in Aus where i see horses heading for the widest part of the track . Do your form then hope the jocks do theirs , because it amazes me how many still think they can beat the Wanganui bias .

5 hours ago, Thomass said:

Thanks

Got to agree , it's an absolute farce. Great track in the summer , but its comedy in the winter.  If they are happy to race on that what is the point of the AWT?

5 hours ago, nomates said:

I backed 4 winners on Thursday , whilst i agree it's a poor look there are tracks everywhere , here and in Aus where i see horses heading for the widest part of the track . Do your form then hope the jocks do theirs , because it amazes me how many still think they can beat the Wanganui bias .

Mate I don't care if you backed the entire card while whistling dixie...

You're entirely missing the pointS

Punters have the ABSOLUTE right to know the EXACT track conditions where the races are held

These Whanganui Jockstrap Club 'officials' may as well have posted the condition of the walking track by the old Whanga dirt slide up to Jerusalem Valley then onto the Bridge to F in Nowhere....

Why post a reading to 4.5 M if they're not racing on it ffs?

Tommo Mills had the same prob....so he watered it

NZTR should be all over this from a H & S point...14 runners into 3 widths doesn't go...wtf knew?

One day a few will exit over the outside fence and maim somebody

And it'll be on NZTR's useless heads

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Mate I don't care if you backed the entire card while whistling dixie...

You're entirely missing the pointS

Punters have the ABSOLUTE right to know the EXACT track conditions where the races are held

These Whanganui Jockstrap Club 'officials' may as well have posted the condition of the walking track by the old Whanga dirt slide up to Jerusalem Valley then onto the Bridge to F in Nowhere....

Why post a reading to 4.5 M if they're not racing on it ffs?

Tommo Mills had the same prob....so he watered it

NZTR should be all over this from a H & S point...14 runners into 3 widths doesn't go...wtf knew?

And it'll be on NZTR's useless heads

Pretty simple, if don't know properly track conditions. Then got other options to punt on, like Aussie Gallops. Not like old days, when NZ gallops meeting only one on. Called competition for punting dollar, If they are suspect. Then punt on less risky option that day or next. A few in Racing need to get that through tick heads. Reason why NZ racing is so stuffed. Can't even get basics correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

This i agree with , need to get something on the outside . 

As for getting the penetrometer , definitely when the surface is not affected by floods of rain , but when it's into winter you know what your getting there , been punting there for nearly 50 years , knowing the penetrometer would have no effect for me , i know what i'm looking for when it's heavy with recent rain .

On 19/06/2021 at 9:10 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Why was it dangerous?

Only dangerous to your pocket when you didn't adjust your blueprint after race one?

With regard to your blueprint are you looking for excuses why it didn't work?

Seems to me that the winners and placing favouritism distribution was as to be expected.

What a joke!  You want a Heavy 11 track watered so Jockey's don't have to think about where to place their horses?  FFS you are as bad as Pitty with your understanding of turf, soil and how irrigation works!

I'm sorry you're as ignorant as an NZTR suit....

Riccarton had the same problem and watered the 3 width fast lane on the outside of the track...

You see if the Track Manager posts the NZTR directive of conditions to the 4.5M as H 11 when they're running on the outside which could be S 7,8,9...

Wtf is the use of that to a PUNTER?

On 19/06/2021 at 7:09 PM, nomates said:

This i agree with , need to get something on the outside . 

As for getting the penetrometer , definitely when the surface is not affected by floods of rain , but when it's into winter you know what your getting there , been punting there for nearly 50 years , knowing the penetrometer would have no effect for me , i know what i'm looking for when it's heavy with recent rain .

Fear enough...but I'm all for TRANSPARENCY 

SO you realise when Cammy George got rid of ANYTHING over H 11 as a Rating 

You'd also realise that BOTTOMLESS and HOLDING went out the door and can be compared to H 10 now almost...but which is VASTLY different?

Can't get my head around giving us a Rating to the 4.5 M mark either though

When they're not running on that section of the track...ALL DAY

• Like 2