Bit Of A Yarn

Kinane

Doomed

The connections of Kinane must be feeling sick. Turned down $3m it and it hasn't won a cent since. Change of trainer, change of state, and as a last ditch effort they put Jamie Kah up and it still runs last. They won't be a happy group of owners if some wanted to sell and some didn't.

I have been following him this campaign and there was suggestions he had been working well and had significantly improved off the first up run. He needs further but I was hopeful. The fact that Kah stuck, the horse had won second up at the distance and the price was attractive, was the reason I went in early with a interest bet.

The winner travelled beside him at the back and picked up in great fashion. 

Kinane was average to say the least.

If they step him up to 2000 next start, if there is a next start, I will go again.

Kinane.JPG

1 hour ago, KickintheKods said:

I have been following him this campaign and there was suggestions he had been working well and had significantly improved off the first up run. He needs further but I was hopeful. The fact that Kah stuck, the horse had won second up at the distance and the price was attractive, was the reason I went in early with a interest bet.

If they step him up to 2000 next start, if there is a next start, I will go again.

Kinane.JPG

You've got more money than me if your going again , there was nothing in that run to suggest improvement .

• Like 1

Kinane (NZ) Disappointing performance. Rider Jamie Kah reported that in her opinion the gelding did not appreciate racing inside other horses. Post-race endoscopy of Kinane detected a degree of internal exercise‑induced pulmonary haemorhage which may have affected the horse's racing performance. A veterinary clearance will be required prior to racing again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KickintheKods said:

Kinane.JPG

I have taken note of him every start since they turned down $3m. He hasn't fired a shot and has often been well backed. I haven't spent a cent on him, so have done quite well out the races he has run in. It is a good lesson for any connections of a horse that puts in one good run in pretty average company.