Bit Of A Yarn

End To Greyhound Racing Petition

Yankiwi

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Are you suggesting that the only way for Greyhound Racing to continue is that ALL greyhounds born are rehomed after racing?

If that's the case your sport is stuffed.  

On 6/08/2021 at 5:58 PM, Yankiwi said:

My argument isn't against saving a dog with a seriously broken leg, it is about putting down perfectly fit & healthy dogs simply at the "request" of a trainer or owner. A simple "tick" box on a form should not be justification for putting a dog down.

Already answered this question!

2 hours ago, racinggreys said:

In relation to rehoming we are currently matching the number of dogs rehomed with those bred annually.

For GRNZ to claim that 1 dog gets rehomed from each LITTER whelped isn't saying very much!

That's why I suggested they might have meant "whelped" instead of "bred", but that would be an outright lie.

If it's not one of those two options, which way could I possibly read that sentence to make it seem even remotely a positive? 

When is "Homebush Rehoming" & "Big Time Rehoming" planning on opening up their shops to get even 1 dog out of each litter they "breed" rehomed (we'll skip the relevant but much tougher question for now)?

Maybe we should discuss imports as well, Glenda?

Edited by Yankiwi

Swarbrick is grandstanding as per usual!

The GRNZ should be on attack rather than being meek and mild and going along with what they want!

What damn right have the WOKE got to do with whether someone wants to race a greyhound that is bred to run, that js what they want to do!

They do not want to be laying on a couch!
If Greyhound racing is banned then the greyhound breed will die out in NZ as no one will be breeding one just as pet!!!!

the meddling left have too much say in everyones life and they need to sort their own shite out!

Guest CrossCodes

I note the complete sanitisation of the way they are showing the racing now.

No footage of the dogs being put in the boxes, no footage of the dogs going into the lure, no footage showing the dogs walking back off the track.

It just makes the sport look even more guilty than what they are, they have let the mammoth kennels (with equally mammoth kill rates) do what they please and the chickens are coming home to roost.

11 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

I note the complete sanitisation of the way they are showing the racing now.

No footage of the dogs being put in the boxes, no footage of the dogs going into the lure, no footage showing the dogs walking back off the track.

It just makes the sport look even more guilty than what they are, they have let the mammoth kennels (with equally mammoth kill rates) do what they please and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Seems the race replays are a thing of the past too. That'll surely put a hurt on turnover.

To punt on greyhounds only on the form line is only a bit more effective than playing the past numbers drawn in lotto in the next drawing, thinking they're more likely to come in.

As most people know. every greyhound on the track isn't there to be the first one to the lure.

18 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Seems the race replays are a thing of the past too. That'll surely put a hurt on turnover.

To punt on greyhounds only on the form line is only a bit more effective than playing the past numbers drawn in lotto in the next drawing, thinking they're more likely to come in.

As most people know. every greyhound on the track isn't there to be the first one to the lure.

Look I do not want to see animals mistreated either!

However I believe you are missing the point majorly!

Greyhound racing has been around for many decades in NZ and all of a sudden, there is an outcry and Swarbrick and her goody two shoes buddies want the greyhound breed eliminated, as that is what will happen if racing is canned!

No one is going to breed greyhounds just as pets!

Greyhounds are not mistreated in fact are well looked after as why would owners or trainers not have an interest in mistreating them?

What is the difference between greyhounds or race horses as all ex race horses are not often rehomed once they can not run fast enough!

There are a helluva lot more pressing issues that  Swarbrick could be concentrating on.

What about the number of homeless people, people deceased due to suicide and broke businesses and broke marriages, all due to the draconian measures that of  Ardern and co. 
She will not eradicate virus and she should stop lieing about the effectiveness of Pfizer and tell everyone of   the consequences!

Edited by Brodie

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Look I do not want to see animals mistreated either!

However I believe you are missing the point majorly!

Greyhound racing has been around for many decades in NZ and all of a sudden, there is an outcry and Swarbrick and her goody two shoes buddies want the greyhound breed eliminated, as that is what will happen if racing is canned!

It's obvious to me, Chloe, Aaron (GPL) and to a lesser extent SAFE are all more worried about the GAMBLING aspect on the greyhounds than they are about the dogs themselves.

If an end is put to greyhound racing, that's not going to stop them from running. They will still run on the beach or a paddock and some, maybe just as many, will get hurt doing so. But you won't hear them putting up a stink about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

It's obvious to me, Chloe, Aaron (GPL) and to a lesser extent SAFE are all more worried about the GAMBLING aspect on the greyhounds than they are about the dogs themselves.

If an end is put to greyhound racing, that's not going to stop them from running. They will still run on the beach or a paddock and some, maybe just as many, will get hurt doing so. But you won't hear them putting up a stink about that.

I actually believe the breed will die out.

Who is going to be breeding them as pets?

Yes they can be good pets but I can not see them remaining In NZ without racing as the stud dogs won’t be around as no money in it!

Edited by Brodie

The breed won't die out if someone really wants one.

I'm sure there will be plenty of retired Greyhounds in Australia that can be had for free, if the prospective new owner will pay the airfare & quarantine costs of bringing one over. One or two emails sent over there will source more dogs than anyone would know what to do with. I wouldn't surprise me if the Australian owner would even share in some of the associated costs.

Edited by Yankiwi

The breed will never die out even if the entire woke western world totally bans Greyhound racing. The Middle East the original home of the breed will always continue to race and hunt with them. They are prized up there and owned by people with more money than NZ's gross domestic product.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 12:30 PM, aquaman said:

The breed will never die out even if the entire woke western world totally bans Greyhound racing. The Middle East the original home of the breed will always continue to race and hunt with them. They are prized up there and owned by people with more money than NZ's gross domestic product.

The greens are dangerous, very dangerous, then you have clowns doping for the third time, he should be gone for good.  People like him will bring you down. Which is a shame, I used to go to the whippet racing next to ruapuna, when Stan gain ruled. :)

3 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

I only mentioned it about cr, as I was talking to a greyhound trainer at the pub last week. He laughed about the “ tainted meat” excuse. 

It may sound implausible but it is feasible.  Testing is much more accurate now than in the past.  Minuscule levels can be detected.  In my opinion the RIB should publish what the detected levels are.  It is possible to eat contaminated meat and return a positive to a level that is never therapeutic nor performance enhancing.  

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It may sound implausible but it is feasible.  Testing is much more accurate now than in the past.  Minuscule levels can be detected.  In my opinion the RIB should publish what the detected levels are.  It is possible to eat contaminated meat and return a positive to a level that is never therapeutic nor performance enhancing.  

I agree about publishing the levels. :)