NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Greetings all.

Gavin

Happy to have found this site. I was a contributor to the other place but disliked the hypocrisy and favoured members club on display there so stopped contributing a few years back. I still dropped in to see what was being said from time to time but that site sank lower by the incessant targeting and ridiculing of the very people who gave the harness side of site it's pulse. A while back I noticed the MVP's had left the site and the new main contributor was the very person who targeted and ridiculed them. Most of the new threads started there now about harness matters are by that person and are the perfect cure for insomnia. His goal seems to be putting up numbers to make it appear the place has a pulse and of course, brown nosing the guy who runs the place.  That owner has now mysteriously started treating harness like it's not the feral enemy to him it always was previously. 

Have had a good look around this site and I'm very impressed. Well done to all concerned. I can see why the other place is so concerned about this site, which incidentally is what motivated me to seek it out so a big thank you to them.  

• Like 5
  • Champ Post 2

Thanks for your comments Gavin.  They are noted and appreciated however we have a motto here at BOAY - "onwards and upwards!"

My first hands on involvement in racing was in a harness stable and having also done the amateur driving course I have quite a soft spot for harness.  In saying that all codes are treated equally here.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Hey Happy. Good to be seeing your input again. The guy who farts too much must be great for business here.

Thank you to him :) 

I was offshore for a few months when the Jewels were on but look forward to catching up with what's happening here harness wise now. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Welcome, Gavin.

I was lucky enough to find this site thanks to Flagship U. He is a good fella but in the punters club he is betting on Gallops so not too sure about him anymore....though he did get a collect lol

Well happy, my tips on the harness have been shite for a while, so betting with others money I took the soft option, and note Aussie gallops where form seems to hold up ...unlike nz gallops!!!:D

Will try and do some harness bets on my next punters club turn, if you let me back into the trot site ?

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Happy to have found this site. I was a contributor to the other place but disliked the hypocrisy and favoured members club on display there so stopped contributing a few years back. I still dropped in to see what was being said from time to time but that site sank lower by the incessant targeting and ridiculing of the very people who gave the harness side of site it's pulse. A while back I noticed the MVP's had left the site and the new main contributor was the very person who targeted and ridiculed them. Most of the new threads started there now about harness matters are by that person and are the perfect cure for insomnia. His goal seems to be putting up numbers to make it appear the place has a pulse and of course, brown nosing the guy who runs the place.  That owner has now mysteriously started treating harness like it's not the feral enemy to him it always was previously. 

Have had a good look around this site and I'm very impressed. Well done to all concerned. I can see why the other place is so concerned about this site, which incidentally is what motivated me to seek it out so a big thank you to them.  

Welcome Gavin, 

Your thread is spot on. Is bizzare to have scoobs starting so many threads over there on harness site. Mind you, I suppose with the quality that left, he had to do something. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

27 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Good to see you here Gav....

Hi Kakama, I must admit my friend, I wondered where you'd got to some time ago. Always enjoyed your input.

I signed up when Dave ran the site and was a daily visitor. Some things went forward while others went the other way. 

39 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The so-called Premier Racing Community are pretty quiet at the moment!

Not a lot of intellect left over there,  so they will need to bring some new blood thru or they will not be a Racing Community much more!

Hey Brodie,

Glad to be reading your input again. The whole ganging up on a contributor by those with a vested interest resulted in me dropping in there less and less. I may not have always agreed with every perspective you put forward myself, but I always knew it was motivated by your love of the game and the importance of a level playing field. We are on the same page.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thanks for your comments Gavin.  They are noted and appreciated however we have a motto here at BOAY - "onwards and upwards!"

My first hands on involvement in racing was in a harness stable and having also done the amateur driving course I have quite a soft spot for harness.  In saying that all codes are treated equally here.

Enjoy!

Very good motto CS. Just thought I'd declare my hand prior to going onwards and upwards :) 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Hi Kakama, I must admit my friend, I wondered where you'd got to some time ago. Always enjoyed your input.

I signed up when Dave ran the site and was a daily visitor. Some things went forward while others went the other way. 

Thanks Gavin.

Yes, things did change. I was banned when Molloy owned site as I disagreed with him....then when scoobs run site....he banned me for disagreeing with Molloy!!? 

Great now that those that post on the harness site here.....actually love the game.

All the best....

• Like 1

I actually like to look to see if it has any new posters apart from a Farty!

Scoob and Farty are doing a great job of keeping the premier racing community site going!

Not too sure what the word premier means nowadays though?

To be fair though, Scoob has brought it all on himself by letting dickwhackers dictate and be allowed to abuse the intelligent posters who are now on BOAY!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

I actually like to look to see if it has any new posters apart from a Farty!

Scoob and Farty are doing a great job of keeping the premier racing community site going!

Not too sure what the word premier means nowadays though?

See if you can access site, don’t think you can.