Bit Of A Yarn

Greetings all.

Gavin

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

or in my case 'a shit stirrer' according to KJ Un.

Anyway, I digress and will make myself pissed off. No more about them from me.

Just one last word from me happy,  i cant understand anyone that can't get along with you or thinks your a shit stirrer.. They have major issues! Your One of the good guys. Anyway as the chief says onwards and upwards!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Just one last word from me happy,  i cant understand anyone that can't get along with you or thinks your a shit stirrer.. They have major issues! Your One of the good guys. Anyway as the chief says onwards and upwards!!

Cheers, FU.

Things are good here. Lots of good people. No stirring. More coming aboard all the time. 

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Just seen I been blocked from RC also.I been member there for nearly 30 years and have run a lot of comps that have probably cost me $2000 monetary wise 

I tried to be neutral in the debate between the 2 sides but obviously somebody has made an easy decision for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The thing with people getting suspended or banned from posting from that so-called premier site, was the totally obnoxious and arrogant way that Scoobs behaved.

I tried to discuss things with him but his PR is just crap and kept acting without thought for the viability of his site.

If he was relying on his disciple FART TOO MUCH to bail him out, then he was sadly deluded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The thing that really amuses me, as I'm sure it does many others, and I had this discussion with him a few times, is that, the line back then was

"This is my site, it costs me money to give you people the privilege to have your say, if you don't like it leave"...............so I did

Now, as the situation becomes more dire

He is all over the posters on his site that decrease in number everyday, all of a sudden comps are important etc etc 

Don't ever forget Scoobs, it's the many and varied posters that make a site, NOT you

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

The thing with people getting suspended or banned from posting from that so-called premier site, was the totally obnoxious and arrogant way that Scoobs behaved.

I tried to discuss things with him but his PR is just crap and kept acting without thought for the viability of his site.

If he was relying on his disciple FART TOO MUCH to bail him out, then he was sadly deluded.

Wasn't my intention to give them any oxygen but it does seem they did a wonderful job...of putting you in the naughty corner if you were not associated with the "right" people. Hypocrisy up in lights was routine. Usual scenario was open season on anyone not connected to them. The level of vitriol at their target was considerable. If anyone attempted to defend said target, they were immediately ridiculed as being intellectually challenged etc . Having an open adult discussion was actively discouraged which I believed was the purpose of a forum? If you had the audacity to point that out, you are a "shit stirrer". Some of it appeared a lot like online bullying to my eye. If however, a person they knew had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar, it was a taboo subject that invariably resulted in any input on the topic being immediately removed in a manner Joseph Stalin would have strongly approved of.  It sets a dangerous precedent. Being prudent around defamation laws makes perfect sense but those same laws can be used by some as a justification to dictate and exercise obvious bias / favoritism.  

A situation I felt was poor form regards the using of the F word. I use it often myself as many of us do but I don't believe it reflects well to use it while discussing topics online. It risks making the forum look like a gathering of cave dwelling grunting neanderthals. I recall the guy that runs the site ridiculing writers who used words equivalent to bas tard and Richard Cranium etc. Along comes the polarizing figure throwing in the F word whenever he feels like it and all of a sudden, obscenities are acceptable and nothing is said. Not a good look but the sort of thing that can occur when certain people appear to have the testes of other certain people tucked away in their pocket. 

• Like 3

The so-called premier site is self destructing!

One of the regular posters is currently posting about pedaphiles and has lowered the standard of the site to the lowest of standards.

Interesting though that SCOOBS has allowed this to go on, because he is a supporter of Lee and his blood system and knows that he can’t lose another contributor or he will be down to half a dozen.

How the great have fallen so fast!

• Like 1

The Harmful Digital Communications Act, allows for posts to be removed that breach any of the 10 communication principles, namely

1.  disclose sensitive personal facts about an individual;
2.  be threatening, intimidating, or menacing;
3.  be grossly offensive to a reasonable person in the position of the affected individual;
4.  be indecent or obscene;
5.  be used to harass an individual;
6.  make a false allegation;
7.  contain a matter that is published in breach of confidence;
8.  incite or encourage anyone to send a message to an individual for the purpose of causing harm to the individual;
9.  incite or encourage an individual to commit suicide; or
10.  denigrate an individual by reason of his or her colour, race, ethnic or national origins, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.

But, I'm not sure, within the Act, what provisions there are for taking action against a site owner that consistently and selectively condones the above principles.

Perhaps someone with a good legal mind could elaborate

• Like 2

Brilliant!!!

Scoobs, has now totally BANNED Brodie, “The Brodster” from his site!

Obviously he doesn’t like the truth being told, like a little kid, he has taken his bat and ball and has admitted defeat!

Seriously, Scoobs you have  major issues that you need to Have counselling for.

Scoobs, you have ruined my day by not allowing me to be able to read the quality postings that you have on your premier site!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Brilliant!!!

Scoobs, has now totally BANNED Brodie, “The Brodster” from his site!

Obviously he doesn’t like the truth being told, like a little kid, he has taken his bat and ball and has admitted defeat!

Seriously, Scoobs you have  major issues that you need to Have counselling for.

Scoobs, you have ruined my day by not allowing me to be able to read the quality postings that you have on your premier site!

Just don't log on Brodie, just browse the site... it is great viewing watching "The Diceman" putting it to Lee who is obviously out of his depth when challenged and seems to resort to pretty despicable comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Just don't log on Brodie, just browse the site... it is great viewing watching "The Diceman" putting it to Lee who is obviously out of his depth when challenged and seems to resort to pretty despicable comments.

Na can’t even do that now!

Banned!!!

Never mind, more time for leisure.

• Like 1

On 8/07/2018 at 2:43 PM, Kakama said:

Thanks Gavin.

Yes, things did change. I was banned when Molloy owned site as I disagreed with him....then when scoobs run site....he banned me for disagreeing with Molloy!!? 

Great now that those that post on the harness site here.....actually love the game.

All the best....

I can remember  that, you told me the red card was on the way, was after a funny picture  you posted,.

• Haha 1