Bit Of A Yarn

Stay Inside the 2021 Golden Slipper Winner back today in the San Domenico at Rosehill.

Chief Stipe

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The last horse to win the Golden Slipper/San Domenico double was Tierce in 1991.

Doesn't surprise me , as said generally the slipper winner carries on and gets hammered physically and don't come up , not machines .

Suppose some go to stud before their 3yo year also .

Just now, nomates said:

Stay inside very disappointing , the one rider is it is a shit of a track to come from the back from against good horses , also looked like he blew out the last 100 , so will give him one more .

Yep every chance  but didn't look particularly comfortable in the ground. 

14 minutes ago, Huey said:

Yep every chance  but didn't look particularly comfortable in the ground. 

Yeah , yet he likes cut in the track , it's a funny track and the rail is out , just seems to take horses an age to get straightened and balanced up , look how long it took Paulele to wind up .

But as SLB2.0 says , slipper winners ???? it seems to take so much out of them . 

Be interesting to see next time back at Randwick .

14 hours ago, Huey said:

Hats off to trackside for BGP pet updates , quite interesting to follow. A big multi landing on next at Doomben.

Really is that the level of interest we have been left with?  Following the bets of a syndicate who get special privileges and subsidies from TAB NZ!

I've never been one to live my life vicariously through that of another let alone a group of boys.

14 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

Could still mature into a nice type, but it had been running against a moderate 2YO bunch

You're kidding?  Better judges than you have rated last years 2yr olds quite highly.

I did notice that the home bend at Kembla doesn't seem to spread the field out like over tracks.  Also Jockey's were either reluctant to go too wide for some reason or those in front kept it tight.  

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Really is that the level of interest we have been left with?  Following the bets of a syndicate who get special privileges and subsidies from TAB NZ!

I've never been one to live my life vicariously through that of another let alone a group of boys.

Yep that is it I'm afraid, what is more interesting is how do they manage to get so much money for their syndicates? Did I hear right $280k , have they an outstanding track record of success on the punt or something?

If there are any takers out there, I want you to know I'm willing to lose every cent of someone else money also, especially for TAB top ups.

How about the love for the NZ TAB, weren't these guys in bed with Ladbrokes not long ago?

Punters Club | Lockdown 2021 💰
Well we had over 4,200 of you involved in the Lockdown Punters Club and a starting kitty of $286,415. We finished the day with only 90% of the money which isn't ideal.
We had our backs absolutely against the wall and were forced into a Quinella corner as we launched our final $50,000 at the last race at Caulfield to get a huge collect for the day of $270,000. Judging by social media, plenty of you were absolutely frothing.
The TAB have acknowledged the unreal rollercoaster we've gone through in this punters club and respect the fact we were willing to have a real crack going to zero. They have offered to top up the pool to bring everyones stake back to 100% - this will already be in your account. How good! They appreciate how close we were with Yiyi and thought the Tofane bet was a tough one to swallow. Please show some gratitude and respect to the TAB with your punting this week. The TAB will be first to provide New Zealand markets as soon as NZ racing is back! No doubt plenty of you capitalised off of the bonus back races at Caulfield today (probably Tofane - unfortunately we weren't able to get a $50,000 bonus bet back 😅).
It is always a heap of fun to get the community together and scream winners home together, especially during a lockdown. Thank you to those people who jumped on the livestream for a day of punting - a good 200 of you for a 7 hour shift.
Refunds - NZ TAB have paid 100% of your stake direct to your TAB account so please check your account.