Bit Of A Yarn

saginaw

the galah

11 minutes ago, Robalan said:

Chief, reading Galah's comments, it strikes me that he has a very similar style to another agressive poster by the name of Michael

JTeaz  immeadiately called for 3 months minimum suspension . (for the Cameron drive 3rd Sept )at start of this thread .  Now That is very aggressive !!!   lol........

Since then Ross has steered the horse brilliantly tactically (twice) . for a third and a WIN on 5th and 10th Sept.

Does those good 'steers' counteract the 'mistake' steer. I say yes . Jockeys run into pockets all the time at Royal Randwick for example with 100,000's dollars invested on their runners. They bounce back the next race ok. Mistakes tactically happen time to time . 3 months suspension  won't help anyone ONE BIT .

I Wonder if Ross got a suspension/sanction at all for the Sept 3rd drive??   (held up behind Sugar Me)

58 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

No whether I do or not is a personal opinion.  I don't agree.  Does you inferring that a Trainer who got done for personal recreational drugs is bound to be using PED's on their horses not making it about personalities?

Well we don't know in this case how the rules are going to be applied yet.  I would argue that the case doesn't warrant the 3 months you advocate.

It is you that has pulled "the personalities" card.  A standard deflection is it not?  

Same old same old.

I asked the question whether someone who is happy to put  mind/performance enhancing drugs like ecstasy into their bodies, going to be against using drugs on horses. No one has ever argued the point i raised,just people like you say my point is all about the personalities. What a load of rubbish you write.

And i never said 3 months did i. i said 2 months. You are a master of exaggeration.

6 minutes ago, the galah said:

Pardon? Or should i (like you  just have), pick out part of what you post to fit the narrative i want to potray?

Nope I just directly quoted you.  You started out saying 2 months then agreed with Teaz when he said 3.  Didn't have to change anything to fit any narrative.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Nope I just directly quoted you.  You started out saying 2 months then agreed with Teaz when he said 3.  Didn't have to change anything to fit any narrative.

On 4/09/2021 at 10:49 AM, the galah said:

The drive looked like it deserved that long,but having said that  i think it was just extremely poor judgment.  So maybe they will give him what they gave d ferguson at cambridge earlier in the year,for a more questionable drive on that trotter. 3 days is all he got.

Thats part of my post you edited to the first 8 words. We can both play that game,but that just says maybe we should do some gardening or go for a walk,as perhaps we sometimes have too much time on our hands.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

Thats part of my post you edited. We can both play that game,but that just says maybe we should do some gardening or go for a walk

just finished some gardening , very overated in 30 degrees today. Mr galah  you were looking for a rolling head when this thread started , so no good blaming Chief if that didn't happen. 

What do you REALLY think Mr Cameron deserved then ? if you were a stipe (and what did he actually get as a sanction ???)

On 4/09/2021 at 8:03 AM, the galah said:

How long does r cameron get for his strange tactical move at the 200m in race 7 last night.From watching him drive in the past,you would assume he was trying,but what was he thinking?I would guess 2 months,but who knows.

On the postive side,as others have pointed out,you had to admire john dunns driving.

Well gammalite that is what i said,although later speculated on this thread 3 days was more in line with similar penalties.

To say i was looking for a rolling head is an inaccurate interpretation of what i have said.  Do you think others who have made similar comments about the drive were looking for a rolling head?

Why does anyone post anything on here if people think its because your looking to attack a person.

I was once the subject of comment on some social media on a particular drive i had done. Not action from officialdom, but just people expressing a point of view.Did the comment bother me. Absolutely not.I viewed the drive as a positive drive.Others thought it too aggressive tactically.Did i get upset or take what others said personally. Absolutely not.But thats me. I understand every one is different and handle things differently.  i do think the responses on this topic comment illustrate that topics are becoming more a battle of the personalities making the comment ,than the topic itself. Who can be bothered with that.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

o say i was looking for a rolling head is an inaccurate interpretation of what i have said.  Do you think others who have made similar comments about the drive were looking for a rolling head?

Yes , As we all saw JTeaz jumped straight in looking for 3 months. He is an experienced Harness racing person too.

I commented a few posts back that was very 'Agressive' for a mistake. 

Personality shite not much to do with anything. I like everyones comments personally . It's a forum. 

Whether you like it or not, You wanted some Penalty ?? opening this thread >???

I disagree IMO. bloke made a mistake and has made up for it as far as i'm concerned anyway. Chief probably thought the same. nothing to see here. just an error on the day. I still say horse contributed as well (like Krug in Sires)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Yes , As we all saw JTeaz jumped straight in looking for 3 months. He is an experienced Harness racing person too.

I commented a few posts back that was very 'Agressive' for a mistake. 

Personality shite not much to do with anything. I like everyones comments personally . It's a forum. 

Whether you like it or not, You wanted some Penalty ?? opening this thread >???

I disagree IMO. bloke made a mistake and has made up for it as far as i'm concerned anyway. Chief probably thought the same. nothing to see here. just an error on the day. I still say horse contributed as well (like Krug in Sires)

Thats one thing i liked about J teaz as a commentator.He was never afraid to give his opinion as he saw it. No doubt some didn't like that,but whats wrong with honesty.Why has it gone out of fashion.He's a very good commentator as well.

You watch trackside now days and so may times you hear presenters say this horse,or that horse was unlucky,even when its nothing to do with luck,but due to the driver making an obvious tactical error.No one wants to get on the wrong side of anyone by expressing an honest held opinion. What does that tell you? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, the galah said:

Thats one thing i liked about J teaz as a commentator.He was never afraid to give his opinion as he saw it. No doubt some didn't like that,but whats wrong with honesty.Why has it gone out of fashion.He's a very good commentator as well.

You watch trackside now days and so may times you hear presenters say this horse,or that horse was unlucky,even when its nothing to do with luck,but due to the driver making an obvious tactical error.No one wants to get on the wrong side of anyone by expressing an honest held opinion. What does that tell you? 

I agree with all that . fine. Every race virtually , someone gets held up at some stage??? whats new about that.

JTeaz wants three months for an obvious mistake (Orange did same with Krug with more punters money on it) jockeys do it all the time too. 

everyone has some sort of tactic . usually in an attempt to get a win or best possible position. ?? most of time this doesn't come off either. but YOU DID WHAT YOU THOUGHT was best at that moment in time!! 

3 months ?? pffffhh JTeaz should sit out 3 months and see if that fixes anything. 

Just now, Gammalite said:

I agree with all that . fine. Every race virtually , someone gets held up at some stage??? whats new about that.

JTeaz wants three months for an obvious mistake (Orange did same with Krug with more punters money on it) jockeys do it all the time too. 

everyone has some sort of tactic . usually in an attempt to get a win or best possible position. ?? most of time this doesn't come off either. but YOU DID WHAT YOU THOUGHT was best at that moment in time!! 

3 months ?? pffffhh JTeaz should sit out 3 months and see if that fixes anything. 

i would say Krug and saginaw are not similar.. Orange tried for 200m to steer krug outwards,but the horse refused to come out.It hung badly.

If your suggesting drivers get the benefit of the doubt and be judged on intent then that wouldn't work would it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the galah said:

i would say Krug and saginaw are not similar.. Orange tried for 200m to steer krug outwards,but the horse refused to come out.It hung badly.

If your suggesting drivers get the benefit of the doubt and be judged on intent then that wouldn't work would it.

Horses are difficult to drive. They are going flat out near the race end, and your intention is to keep em' going exactly that. they don't want to sometimes.

The 'circumstances' of Krug and Saginsaw were VERY similar in the 2 races , both sat one-one in the running nearly the whole way, both switched to the inside coming up the home straight ......

Why should one driver be penalised and not the other. ? (or horse) . are You and JTeaz saying Ross was trying to lose ? no intent on winning? showed he had intent all three starts past 2 weeks if you ask me. 

Had no luck where he went on 3rd Sept though . a mistake. wasn't lack of intent of winning ? anyway SAGINSAW is collecting his rent nicely now , and good luck to the connections.  (and Krugs too)

Just now, Gammalite said:

Horses are difficult to drive. They are going flat out near the race end, and your intention is to keep em' going exactly that. they don't want to sometimes.

The 'circumstances' of Krug and Saginsaw were VERY similar in the 2 races , both sat one-one in the running nearly the whole way, both switched to the inside coming up the home straight ......

Why should one driver be penalised and not the other. ? (or horse) . are You and JTeaz saying Ross was trying to lose ? no intent on winning? showed he had intent all three starts past 2 weeks if you ask me. 

Had no luck where he went on 3rd Sept though . a mistake. wasn't lack of intent of winning ? anyway SAGINSAW is collecting his rent nicely now , and good luck to the connections.  (and Krugs too)

Neither i nor j teaz have ever said Cameron was trying to lose .

My only comment on his intent was that i assume he was trying.Chief might have suggested i said that,but he often says i have said things i never have.

What relevance does this weeks drive have.For example if he carless drives and causes inteference one week but not the next does that mean he shouldn't be penalised. Theres no logic to that approach.

3 hours ago, the galah said:

What relevance does this weeks drive have.For example if he carless drives and causes inteference one week but not the next does that mean he shouldn't be penalised. Theres no logic to that approach.

Yes that is true , as far as 'a Penalty' goes........  I only commented on the subsequent 3rd and 1st placings by SAGINAW in 2 starts since, for 3 important 'non-official' reasons. I call it making up for your mistakes. >>>>>

1/ It showed that Mr Cameron and horse have plenty of ability. 

2/ The punters that did bet on them Sept 3rd had a subsequent opportunity to recover their money (and even make profit , the name of the game !!) a Good thing !   And which they wouldn't be able to do If the Driver Cameron was penalised (suspended) from the 'Non -interference' causing error in question from Sept 3rd.

3/ Mr Cameron helped compensate the owners with 2 subsequent 'good' drives, earning good prizemoney.

You must agree these 3 things are ALL positive outcomes?????  and better than say a silly JTeaz 3 months off. 

• Bad Post 1

16 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Yes that is true , as far as 'a Penalty' goes........  I only commented on the subsequent 3rd and 1st placings by SAGINAW in 2 starts since, for 3 important 'non-official' reasons. I call it making up for your mistakes. >>>>>

2/ The punters that did bet on them Sept 3rd had a subsequent opportunity to recover their money (and even make profit , the name of the game !!) a Good thing !   And which they wouldn't be able to do If the Driver Cameron was penalised (suspended) from the 'Non -interference' causing error in question from Sept 3rd.

3/ Mr Cameron helped compensate the owners with 2 subsequent 'good' drives, earning good prizemoney.

You must agree these 3 things are ALL positive outcomes?????  and better than say a silly JTeaz 3 months off. 

You clearly are living in fairyland if any stipes decision will be changed by him "making up for it". It's like robbing a bank and giving half the money back to avoid jail....Not going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Surprised to see this thread still going. Almost as much as I'm surprised it's largely remained on topic. Huge result for the way things usually work around here.

Ross buggered up. He knows it, the stipes know it and everyone on here would seem to know it too, in one way or another.

He will spend some time on the sideline and we can all move on to the next subject. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JTeaz said:

You clearly are living in fairyland if any stipes decision will be changed by him "making up for it". It's like robbing a bank and giving half the money back to avoid jail....Not going to happen.

I don't know what the stipes decision is on this occasion?. Yours is quite outrageous really.

A non-interference causing drive. 

Would be a joke if all drivers making a change of direction got three months minimum you called him out for,  if got held up afterwards.? IMO

Olivia Thornley got 2 month suspension for actually causing interference a while back, and I think that achieves absolutely nothing either. crossed over to lead when insufficiently clear .

Ant's only got a month, in the group 1 cleaning up KING of SWING in Brisbane. Big money up for grabs ?? and you want Ross to get 3 months for a non-Interference drive that got unlucky. Fairyland indeed.

• Bad Post 1

On 13/09/2021 at 10:10 PM, Big Bang said:

Ross buggered up. He knows it, the stipes know it and everyone on here would seem to know it too, in one way or another.

So at which stage in a race would a similar mistake have not incurred a holiday?

Do the stipes using their incredible driving experience assess every drivers decisions every race and charge them for a mistake?

At the end of the day it was a mistake.  There is no evidence that has been made public that there was any deliberate intent to gain anything from that mistake.

Yet the likes of @JTeaz and @the galah are demanding Cameron gets a holiday between 3 and 6 months.  They'll justify their "told you so" stance when the stipes hand down a holiday.  

Whereas just this last week we have Schumacher gets a $200 fine for breaking another horse up, Weaver gets a $200 fine and 4 days holiday for the same offence and Williamson gets a $200 fine for attempting to gain am advantage at the start by using the flying Lamb approach.

53 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yet the likes of @JTeaz and @JJ Flash are demanding Cameron gets a holiday between 3 and 6 months. 

More straight out lies from you Chief Cockwomble. JJ Flash has not posted on this topic as all can see. let alone demand he gets a holiday of between3-6 months.

Feel free to  apologize.

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

More straight out lies from you Chief Cockwomble. JJ Flash has not posted on this topic as all can see. let alone demand he gets a holiday of between3-6 months.

Feel free to  apologize.

Woops thanks for that @JJ Flash - I've corrected it.  You can correct your post if you wish.

How are the drums going?   

Drums Drumming GIF by Latch

I guess Rangiora is a bit like Wombledon Common.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Woops thanks for that @JJ Flash - I've corrected it.  You can correct your post if you wish.

How are the drums going?   

Drums Drumming GIF by Latch

I guess Rangiora is a bit like Wombledon Common.

So lets just recap for you,chief exaggerator.

So j teaz explained that the number of drives a driver has is one of the key considerations when penalty is decided. He explained ,because Cameron has few drives,the penalty may be as much as 3 months. I  pushed the like thing on that post because it explained the reasoning behind penalty lengths. I had earlier suggested he should get 2 months,but also said D ferguson got 3 days for a similar drive.

So that to you became j teaz and the galah demanding 3 to 6 months,and you posted that's what we said. What a plonker.

And who's schumacher and weaver? Have you been reading the stipes reports from germany or england to find something to bolster your failing argument.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, JTeaz said:

You clearly are living in fairyland if any stipes decision will be changed

Stipes make their mind up as they see fit. I ALWAYS say blame the horse , not the driver. They can't answer back.

And don't dob on your peers. I've been quite happy to defend Ross , by using KRUG example etc, but too much for you guys to suck on it seems. @Spatchcock .

You can tell when a driver is trying or not , if you look closely enough. Ross drove that horse extremely well , in early part of the SAGINAW race, and landed a Plum running position. 

The Galah been doing a great job for some time spotting driving 'deficiencies' as like with 3 Barnes drivers in Brisbane. 

RACE 9 yesterday , at Albion Park the Claimer, had b barnes in action on a horse Taupiri and I have been following named SABRAGE. 'Dead as a Doornail'  mr Teaz.  WAY WAY worse than anything Ross has done , and won't even get a stewards mention. I know you won't watch the race replay but the Galah might.

SUMMARY: Heavily backed favourite , lands 3 back running line (small fields are easy to plan) Sabrage driven by b barnes at 6-1 odds after being $1.60 favourite past 2 weeks against same field, drops to rail 3 back fence , when EASILY could of had the trailing position that the lovely Brittany Graham (from Sky racing) had , and of course she peeled off the 1-1 horses back and won very easily.  Sabrage out late for 4th. b barnes not charged with anything pulling to inside. some folks made a nice quid from that race !!!!  (and some others yesterday too I might add , lots of heavily backed runners saluting fine , and looking after the 'Punter' lol......)

Don't think many kiwis got much out of SAGINAW on the other hand . Is he getting 3 months or not ?