Bit Of A Yarn

Avantage Retired

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

Unfortunate about the rain for Amerelinha

I have a theory about Te Akau horses first up in OZ.  I reckon they are underdone and you really need to be wound up tight to compete in Sydney.

Trainers like Waller seem to have their horses super fit and then run them for 5 or 6 races and spell them.  Easier to get them race fit over there than here.

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I have a theory about Te Akau horses first up in OZ.  I reckon they are underdone and you really need to be wound up tight to compete in Sydney.

Trainers like Waller seem to have their horses super fit and then run them for 5 or 6 races and spell them.  Easier to get them race fit over there than here.

To be fair a few of their horses have looked a run short today .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez you nearly put the mockers on her too!

The worst part was Trackside switching the audio back to the inane comments of Aiden Rodley.

Nah , the draw was always the worry , got held up as the leader got away , always thought she would pick it up . 

That Maximus Prime is a good horse , set a task by the rider , wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Aus .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Tracks haven't suited them either.

I don't think Danielle Johnson is riding very well at the moment.

They have plenty in their favour, no room for excuses. Unfortunately with so many horses spread far & wide they are having to put up with some average rides from some average riders like the rest of us usually do.

They have so much fire power it'll only be a temporary thing and there will be a big day coming their way sooner rather than later, no one can be in doubt of that. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Huey said:

They have plenty in their favour, no room for excuses. Unfortunately with so many horses spread far & wide they are having to put up with some average rides from some average riders like the rest of us usually do.

They have so much fire power it'll only be a temporary thing and there will be a big day coming their way sooner rather than later, no one can be in doubt of that. 

Yeah , had a horror day but welcome to the club , i struggle to remember the great days we had , lots more of the shite ones .

They are going to struggle with the SI team , unless the can get a decent rider to go down there . Jesus the standard is getting worse .

• Like 2

Guest CrossCodes
37 minutes ago, Huey said:

Have to agree. With the firepower they had spread everywhere today to only get 1 winner in an undercard race at Riccarton is very poor indeed.

Maybe just too many horses to all give them the attention they need?  But given they are all owned by big syndicates no doubt they will still have made a profit for the week no matter how poor a lot of them went!

10 minutes ago, Huey said:

I got $1k , so if I can get her for $500 she is off to The Alphonso!

https://plus.gavelhouse.com/?fbclid=IwAR3Gi-tLIgsq8OKG-Fmowkm5oPZEMiPsvW3MV4ywA4YLk6Uyd_UbJeCL_18

I can chip in another 1k , another 3000 share takers we're in , bit worried about the cost of going to The Alphonso tho , nothing cheaper out there ?

Plus if we get her i suppose you want to play D Ellis .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Yeah , had a horror day but welcome to the club , i struggle to remember the great days we had , lots more of the shite ones .

They are going to struggle with the SI team , unless the can get a decent rider to go down there . Jesus the standard is getting worse .

Some Shocking rides  today at usually SI venue. However, just not limited to their .Sydney had some bad ones and looked to be a few at Hawkes Bay. However, think was a few quiets ridden in Bay, for up coming races.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nomates said:

Nah , the draw was always the worry , got held up as the leader got away , always thought she would pick it up . 

That Maximus Prime is a good horse , set a task by the rider , wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Aus .

Very smart horse indeed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nomates said:

They can send some ground staff too when they post down a rider.

My young lady helped them because they were short, got smacked in the head in the swab box, week off with concussion and I've got no staff now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Freda said:

My young lady helped them because they were short, got smacked in the head in the swab box, week off with concussion and I've got no staff now.

Surprised at TA not organized , don't hold your breath tho on the rider , they are struggling up north without Opie . 

There are a lot of jockeys doing it simply to earn a living IMO .

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Surprised at TA not organized , don't hold your breath tho on the rider , they are struggling up north without Opie . 

There are a lot of jockeys doing it simply to earn a living IMO .

Well, it'll be character-building for them to realise just how it feels then.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Freda said:

Fence and Trellis didn't sleep a wink last night I hear, she tossed and turned all night worrying how you were going to get though the coming week Freda, has she given you a call?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

I don't know CS, however if I was TA I would have called Sat night to ask how my horses pulled up and to thank the strapper/s......that's how I'd do it though, I can't speak for them.

Maybe at least phone to see how the young lady was doing and perhaps offer to send someone over to give Freda a hand for the week?