Bit Of A Yarn

Racing Industry "Wellbeing" Campaign

Chief Stipe

25 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Nah I am good as gold, but can I let you know if I am ever left standing on the platform as the commonsense express departs the station?

Why don't they fix the real problems that they actually have some control over that directly affect the wellbeing of stakeholders!!!!

Instead they presumably more money on hiring someone and setting up a new website and facebook page!!!!  

I don't see this as a woke moment. It just seems to be addressing an area that has been lacking previously.

As an example. A month or two ago a new poster on here asked a question along the lines of what union should someone go to if they are working in the racing industry and had an employment issue they needed help with,and also asked what union represented those who worked in stables. Yet no one had an answer for that poster.

Racing is unique industry,with its own unique issues,and together with the common issues experienced in all other industries it should have someone specialized who people can turn to for advice,or for guidance,or who can liaise with an appropriate person on peoples behalf.Its something that should have been addressed earlier in my opinion.

So i see this as a good decision.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

I don't see this as a woke moment. It just seems to be addressing an area that has been lacking previously.

I don't disagree however it ranks a bit when you don't see them addressing the underlying causes of many of the issues.

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

Racing is unique industry,with its own unique issues,and together with the common issues experienced in all other industries it should have someone specialized who people can turn to for advice,or for guidance,or who can liaise with an appropriate person on peoples behalf.Its something that should have been addressed earlier in my opinion.

Agreed.  Some us have been calling for some action in this area for some time.  I'm sure it may have prevented some of the collateral damage we have seen in the last year.  The industry may not have lost a large number of young talented participants.

• Like 1