Bit Of A Yarn

WTF Gavin Smith??

Newmarket

Wow, this guy gave Jeremy Wells no chance of winning today. I assume he didn’t want to beat John Dunn on the favourite Mark Dunnett? Hope the stipes ask the question, not a good look to have a driver sitting behind leader when racing on a small track. 

and yes, this time I did back Jeremy Wells

That’s a boy Gav, 

2 races later and your 3 deep driving a horse you part own, you even look around half way thru the race, you were keen to win.  Push out on home corner, drive hard to win, go Kiwi Ex Factor.

i bet poor Jack Harrington is kicking himself for not driving Jeremy, thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Wow, this guy gave Jeremy Wells no chance of winning today. I assume he didn’t want to beat John Dunn on the favourite Mark Dunnett? Hope the stipes ask the question, not a good look to have a driver sitting behind leader when racing on a small track. 

and yes, this time I did back Jeremy Wells

14 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Good stuff Chief posting clip. What does everyone think about the drive. 

For me, the 2nd horse has no real sharp speed so needed awhile to wind up. Clearly the driver thought he was driving Christian Cullen which would have put paid to them. 

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

That was quite astounding that he was NOT angling to attack as they turned in for home. The death-seat horse had dropped off, and he had a beautiful chance at victory.

Smith instead was endeavouring to stay right on John Dunn's helmet instead???  That was crazy. Should of won the race you would think. Only 1/2 neck in it at the post. Have a go Gavin FCS.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What does FCS stand for?

For Christ's sake Brodie , it's that time of year when some celebrate a special occasion, and I don't swear much so didn't use a second F as in FFS. lol......

Gavin Smith giving us much less reason to celebrate with that drive today , when he could of won the race.? Perhaps he was planning on winning the second Day ?  Jeremy Wells will be hot fav for that .

• Haha 2