Bit Of A Yarn

Principled Pitmans

16 hours ago, curious said:

Agree. Not much point having them. Haven't done anything constructive round the country for decades. Tried to get the TA to organise programming a month in advance based on available horses. That was two decades ago. Not interested. Too hard.

I don't buy the "we tried that in 1984" argument.  A good idea and the right idea needs to keep being pushed - their time comes eventually.  If it isn't then all stakeholders abdicate any right to criticise. 

Guest Whyisit
On 13/01/2022 at 1:17 PM, Chief Stipe said:

My apologies - confirmation bias....

Then both Matamata AND the South Island have a fair beef over the compensation.

But sounds good to the public the NZTR compensating the horses .Yeah right

Agreed, it was a very poor attempt and I apologize for it.

My solution is simple.

I breed them here and ship them to Oz where the programming, prize money and participants are appreciated.

Our racing industry is in a sad downhill decline. Our breeding industry, while much smaller than a few years ago, is still regarded highly and that is being reflected on the Gold Coast this week.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KickintheKods said:

Agreed, it was a very poor attempt and I apologize for it.

My solution is simple.

I breed them here and ship them to Oz where the programming, prize money and participants are appreciated.

Our racing industry is in a sad downhill decline. Our breeding industry, while much smaller than a few years ago, is still regarded highly and that is being reflected on the Gold Coast this week.

Then we all agree that the current system in NZ is FUCKED.  I guess we all agree that recent changes are still more of the same.  It is clearly evident that there is still a great deal of passion and support for the industry in NZ.

I believe that the biggest impediment to change is that stakeholders are not willing to collaborate and work together on their common interests.  The industry is at a point where it is all about self-interest.  Be it the small time owner and or trainer that just wants to focus on trying to get a win with their horse or the big time owner and or trainer buying the best and wanting to get more of the top end cake.  

End result - you're all getting fucked over.  One day you'll wake up and it will be gone.  Greyhounds will be gone before the next election, Harness is sleep walking to oblivion and Thoroughbreds are smugly thinking that they will benefit from the other codes demise.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

End result - you're all getting fucked over.  One day you'll wake up and it will be gone.  Greyhounds will be gone before the next election, Harness is sleep walking to oblivion and Thoroughbreds are smugly thinking that they will benefit from the other codes demise.

I believe most are already awake, the rest either delusional or trying to get in on the end scam.

3 minutes ago, Huey said:

I believe most are already awake, the rest either delusional or trying to get in on the end scam.

I meant wake up in the morning as in a sudden closure of NZ racing.

Arguably that nearly occurred in 2020 when the Creditors were knocking and before Winston bailed the industry out.

• Like 1