Bit Of A Yarn

Drumroll Please - the numbers are in.......

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

But they've done NOTHING except let their main turf track deteriorate.

That happened 25 years ago when they relaid what was a perfectly good track aside from the undulations in the straight which could have been fixed in 2 days with a D9, a rototiller and a direct drill. They'd also have kept all the mountain of topsoil that they carted away and replaced with clay. Only got worse since. But what would I know? Just an educated farmer. I'm about to sell my groundhog if they need one and someone there knows how to use it. Just about donate it if that would help. Might want to race one there soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, curious said:

That happened 25 years ago when they relaid what was a perfectly good track aside from the undulations in the straight which could have been fixed in 2 days with a D9, a rototiller and a direct drill. They'd also have kept all the mountain of topsoil that they carted away and replaced with clay. Only got worse since. But what would I know? Just an educated farmer. I'm about to sell my groundhog if they need one and someone there knows how to use it. Just about donate it if that would help. Might want to race one there soon.

You've fallen into the same hole as @Pitman and @Reefton and the one that all the market gardeners of the Bombay Hills in South Auckland fell into.

You can't continue to crop in a mono-culture fashion and expect to fix the issues that arise by mechanical means.  

As for an educated farmer - I thought your expertise was in sociology?  Even today's dairy farmers know that you cannot continue to mono-crop pasture without putting something back in other than a tiller or a groundhog!!!!!  

24 minutes ago, curious said:

That happened 25 years ago when they relaid what was a perfectly good track aside

That was 25 years ago.  Regardless of whether they did or did not do the right action then as in TWENTY FIVE years ago they haven't done ANYTHING since.  One would have expected at least 4 major renovations in that time not NONE!

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That was 25 years ago.  Regardless of whether they did or did not do the right action then as in TWENTY FIVE years ago they haven't done ANYTHING since.  One would have expected at least 4 major renovations in that time not NONE!

Agree. And know bugger all about sociology.

Edited by curious