Bit Of A Yarn

Trentham Track

3 hours ago, nomates said:

put down a strathayr at Otaki

Too small.  If you were going to sell Trentham you'd put Awapuni on the market as well and can the AWT.

But all that aside I think horse training in the CD is terminal and you can't sustain racing without a good pool of horses trained locally.

• Like 1

On another tack.....just comparing the camera angles from Rosehill with Trentham.  The camera at Rosehill is obviously placed really high but the Trentham one is lower down.  In my opinion the view at Rosehill is better you get to see the gaps that horses can or do run through whereas Trentham is more side on and you get no idea if a horse has a clear run or not.

26 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Too small.  If you were going to sell Trentham you'd put Awapuni on the market as well and can the AWT.

But all that aside I think horse training in the CD is terminal and you can't sustain racing without a good pool of horses trained locally.

I agree , have said that numerous times , my point being they are set on Awapuni and an A/W , but Trentham is a white elephant now , as much as i love the place , but if you are going to try and keep CD strong and not get swallowed up then compete with the Auckland cartel , do the same . 

There is millions involved .

Otaki isn't too small , plus has a great aspect , but they need to have the training elsewhere , Levin ready made and plenty of space . 

My preferred option is still sell the lot and rebuild north of Foxton , will never happen , hearts aren't big enough .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, curious said:

Both. No aircon. No dark beers. No zero alcohol ones either. Couldn't get  a lemon lime and bitters for the missus. Queues at the tote windows even though I bet on my phone. Committee folk were lovely though.

Well that's all easily fixed - just change what is in the fridge for Curious and his missus.  Oh except the aircon.....did you watch the races inside?

As for the queues well my fix would that would be to have a few mobile hostesses showing all the old stale males how to use their smart phones.  BTW did many miss out on getting their bet on?

Perhaps a Bookie and a bag man would have helped!

6 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

WTF is wrong with the fence? Middle of summer and they're coming down the middle and outside rail..........what, nothing to see here?

Absolute joke Joe , seems nobody at Trentham , Race or NZTR have any idea how to prepare this track , cup day next week , do we think it will be any different .

As soon as i seen the first race i re evaluated my bets , nothing drawn in that runs handy .

But it is sad to watch the grand old lady in this state .

Guest Whyisit
13 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

WTF is wrong with the fence? Middle of summer and they're coming down the middle and outside rail..........what, nothing to see here?

Jockeys practising social  distancing for when Omicron hits.

5 minutes ago, nomates said:

Absolute joke Joe , seems nobody at Trentham , Race or NZTR have any idea how to prepare this track , cup day next week , do we think it will be any different .

As soon as i seen the first race i re evaluated my bets , nothing drawn in that runs handy .

But it is sad to watch the grand old lady in this state .

Thank you NM, sure.....and the Chief having a sly did at us 'senior' contributors for living in the past? Give me the past any day........please God don't let my memories fade, Trentham used to be just what you said, a Grand Old Lady,.......now it's Granny Clampett.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Thank you NM, sure.....and the Chief having a sly did at us 'senior' contributors for living in the past? Give me the past any day........please God don't let my memories fade, Trentham used to be just what you said, a Grand Old Lady,.......now it's Granny Clampett.

I'm sure there is someone who knows more than us and bring some research that can be forth coming telling us why the track is playing the way it .

Less of the " Seniors " please . 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

What can you expect when no major track renovations have been done since your day.  At least Jed's car had an oil change!