Bit Of A Yarn

Grassroots greyhounds

Honestly

29 minutes ago, Lad27 said:

Honestly you can post under any name in the guest section, yes it's a tad of a free for all but Yankiwi does moderate it if need be.

If you get to become a member you can't post in the guest forum under your member name, however you may log out and post in the guest forum under what ever pseudonym you wish to use . As Charles said its covering members rare ends from prying eyes so to speak.

There isn't a ' team of cronies' in the members area, people that enjoy and love the sport and been watching it head in a downward spiral over the last few years. So many rules have been added and changed I believe I now have received three different copies of the rule book over the last year and abit, pryor to that I received the big fat nada. Also not factoring in what has been bought up through mainstream media over the last year and currently.

Free for all would be an understatement. I find it very hard to believe anyone with the industry at heart  would open a forum and let false information be spread by people who couldn’t even have the courage to put there names to post. Now I’m sure people are going to say put my name to this post maybe I should maybe I shouldn’t my question to you is why should I I’ll only be hung out to dry by similar like minded people that create such a toxic environment such as grassroots greyhounds.what goes on behind closed door in the members area would be shocking if it’s anything like the guest lounge.yes lad so many rules have changed and I’m sure the people making the changes are doing it for the greater good of the sport the future of the industry in years to come , yes their c.v will look excellent at the end and most will be gone in a couple of years but each to their own .the downfall of our industry with come for a very small number of participants starting with the “guest” on that very forum we speak of, if they have been kicked out of the industry, lost money on the punt , an owner or trainer that doesn’t like getting beaten, sour grapes from the small time to the Bigtime. They are the ones that will end it all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Most are very thankful that I'm fighting for the good of the industry.

Obviously you see things a different way.

Have taken GRNZ or the RIU to task & openly challenged to do things the way industry participants see things as right?

Look up "Yankiwi" over on RC and maybe you'll find out a bit more of what I am really about, a bit more than your current short sightedness.

Yankiwi I’ve looked you up received a couple of phone call from people letting me know who you are and what your all about and yes come to my own conclusion of who you are. You say most are very thankful how many people you say that would be ? Judging from your post on here rc and of course grassroots greyhounds I’m currently not the one with short sightedness... you like to pick holes in people does that make you the bigger man ? Does it make you sleep better at night , if it did why have a dog for protection? Why exactly did you hand in your license? Are you here to bring down the industry or make it work better for all involved. In my post repose to lad I think I’ve summed you up to a “t”. But I have one last question for you, would you say greyhound racing has treated you well or not so well in the short time you have been actively involved in the industry?

10 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Yankiwi I’ve looked you up received a couple of phone call from people letting me know who you are and what your all about and yes come to my own conclusion of who you are. You say most are very thankful how many people you say that would be ? Judging from your post on here rc and of course grassroots greyhounds I’m currently not the one with short sightedness... you like to pick holes in people does that make you the bigger man ? Does it make you sleep better at night , if it did why have a dog for protection? Why exactly did you hand in your license? Are you here to bring down the industry or make it work better for all involved. In my post repose to lad I think I’ve summed you up to a “t”. But I have one last question for you, would you say greyhound racing has treated you well or not so well in the short time you have been actively involved in the industry?

In my opinion, Yankiwi looks at problems the way the leaders in charge should. It is no secret that greyhound racing in NZ is in shambles. Its run by a corrupt pack of dogs whom have not done one thing for this industry. If you think what Yankiwi has said in the past is going to ruin greyhounds in NZ, than you are mistaken. Blind freddy could see the many issues in NZ greyhounds. I find Yankiwis posts great and backed by evidence. Sounds like you are the one holding a grudge ?

5 minutes ago, Honestly said:

you like to pick holes in people

But I don't pick holes in people, I pick holes in the RIU & GRNZ.

Participants & dogs do what they do. I tend to point out what they have done & why I believe the action was in breach of the rules. Then question why the powers "let it slide" or "sweep it under the carpet".

Peter Earley seems to question Mike Godber every Wednesday on Radio Trackside about the Coles saga. Is he picking holes in the Coles? Most if not everyone believes that something very dodgy is happening in those photos, myself included. Is it wrong to question why the RIU & GRNZ have done nothing about it, yet the GRNZ board has the power to take remedial action even if they only "believe" live/dead baiting was occurring?

Is it wrong to question why some dogs at Addington that turn their heads straight out of the boxes are charged with FTP yet when it happens at Wanganui, those types of dogs are not charged? I'm not picking on the dog, owner or trainer when I put the photo's up, I'm showing the powers that they are not doing the job they are tasked with.

As for your final question, Greyhound racing as a whole treated me fairly during my time as an LP. Luck with ownership went against me & I knew full well before getting in that, it is one of the risks you take. Most of trainers I became acquainted were really wonderful people. I did meet a few rat bags along the way too & for some strange reason they are the ones that are still around, while the genuine people of the sport are dwindling in numbers.

20 minutes ago, BitofaLegend said:

In my opinion, Yankiwi looks at problems the way the leaders in charge should. It is no secret that greyhound racing in NZ is in shambles. Its run by a corrupt pack of dogs whom have not done one thing for this industry. If you think what Yankiwi has said in the past is going to ruin greyhounds in NZ, than you are mistaken. Blind freddy could see the many issues in NZ greyhounds. I find Yankiwis posts great and backed by evidence. Sounds like you are the one holding a grudge ?

I agree with your comments in regards to yankiwi l think I’ve come in to hot and heavy regarding my comments and I do apologise. Yes Nzgra and within the industry there are problems as with any environment but I don’t think it’s as big of a problem as people and painting the picture. And no I don’t hold grudges it’s overrated.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

But I don't pick holes in people, I pick holes in the RIU & GRNZ.

Participants & dogs do what they do. I tend to point out what they have done & why I believe the action was in breach of the rules. Then question why the powers "let it slide" or "sweep it under the carpet".

Peter Earley seems to question Mike Godber every Wednesday on Radio Trackside about the Coles saga. Is he picking holes in the Coles? Most if not everyone believes that something very dodgy is happening in those photos, myself included. Is it wrong to question why the RIU & GRNZ have done nothing about it, yet the GRNZ board has the power to take remedial action even if they only "believe" live/dead baiting was occurring?

Is it wrong to question why some dogs at Addington that turn their heads straight out of the boxes are charged with FTP yet when it happens at Wanganui, those types of dogs are not charged? I'm not picking on the dog, owner or trainer when I put the photo's up, I'm showing the powers that they are not doing the job they are tasked with.

As for your final question, Greyhound racing as a whole treated me fairly during my time as an LP. Luck with ownership went against me & I knew full well before getting in that, it is one of the risks you take. Most of trainers I became acquainted were really wonderful people. I did meet a few rat bags along the way too & for some strange reason they are the ones that are still around, while the genuine people of the sport are dwindling in numbers.

Thanks for clearing that up yankiwi and I’m sorry if you took offence to my earlier post just letting off some stem busy day in the office. Maybe I got bad advice, I think after you have clarified your reason for your posts and if this is truly the case and all is aimed at Nzgra and the RIU then this does in fact clear it up well for me anyway. My biggest gripe is the misleading information and the put downs of people within the industry at each other, for me it’s the case of tall poppy syndrome. The owners and trainer are the ones I feel for they really do love their dogs and care for them better than some human care for others . Yes dogs fight in the race , yes people have been caught with banned substances yes bad things do go on it happens in all walks of life. It’s how we all go about solving the problem and dealing with solutions that will make us rise above everyone else . Let’s face it we have more scope than the other 2 codes and at the end of the day they are feeling the pinch and I honestly believe they are putting the nail in our coffin the driving force behind the goings on in the past 2 years. Will we rise above and go beyond is yet to be decided but I’ll tell you this if we don’t all work together and put our egos and other hidden agenda aside we will continue on our downward slope .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lad27 said:

Ahhhh Tonkatime I have a funny feeling that admin is no longer in that position but you will have to send a message to yankiwi

Cheers lad, I’m not that fussed to be honest. From memory the couple of times I did go on there it was mainly just one person venting and not a lot of other posts. I was also emailed suggesting that I should like certain posts. 

Jezzzus H Christ ( apologies to those that believe in magic )

"the downfall of our industry with come for a very small number of participants starting with the “guest” on that very forum we speak of, if they have been kicked out of the industry, lost money on the punt , an owner or trainer that doesn’t like getting beaten, sour grapes from the small time to the Bigtime. They are the ones that will end it all"

Where the feck have you been over the last few years my man? I suggest the problem lies elsewhere.

The problem starts at the top through the board which has been dysfunctional for many years now. I've been involved with the code for 10yrs now and the more that pops up leaves me shaking my head to what the feck is going on. I was also lucky enough to have some insight on how the board was run a few years ago with a distinct re active approach instead of pro active.

When the X chairman was appointed I honestly thought yes he does have a conflict of interest but  he does have business knowledge, some new life injected into our code. 2yrs down the track he is gone burgers, the kennel he is hugely involved with is breeding nineteen to the dozen. Greyhound welfare and rehoming is a major issue yet we are running 15 card meetings, some of which but not all are co mingled into ozz for punting - why because feck load of dogs about. The grassroots bloke or family is been squeezed out and with that is suddenly becomes a race card with 3 for 4 trainers taking the stakes, personally as a punter I don't punt on those races and only time will tell if I'm the only one.

You have two major media items that have hit the news. One is like the grim reaper ready to strike at anytime with the spca gets their A into G.

You look how N.S.W. dealt with it, if you happened even be at the venue where things occurred - BANNED!

The second look is terrible and we will see what happens with the J.C.A.

Ozz made examples of Bate ( stripped from hall of fame ) and Wheeler hasn't been exempt either from the top of the tree, some top tree pruning needs to be done in N.Z. as that grassroots bloke and family are turning round and not going anywhere near our code.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

40 minutes ago, Lad27 said:

The problem starts at the top through the board which has been dysfunctional for many years now. I've been involved with the code for 10yrs now and the more that pops up leaves me shaking my head to what the feck is going on. I was also lucky enough to have some insight on how the board was run a few years ago with a distinct re active approach instead of pro active.

Goes back longer than that young fella
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/wairarapa-times-age/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503412&objectid=10939558

• Haha 1