Bit Of A Yarn

Animal Neglect - Trent Agent and Kimberlee Williams

BitofaLegend

See another Kennels has been fined and disqualified for Animal Neglect.

How did Trent Agent and Kimberlee Williams only get 2 years and a 2k fine for animal neglect?

Surely this should be the worst type of act anyone can be fined for.

The review at the end of this year is looking worse and worse every day

Edited by BitofaLegend

• 2 weeks later...

Do not know Howard Scott, but feel sorry or him. I think he was hard done by getting two yrs. He made a mistake, something we are all guilty of. For mine, this is the reaction thats been created by the racing industry caving in to a small vocal minority of zealous tree hugging idiots.

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Do not know Howard Scott, but feel sorry or him. I think he was hard done by getting two yrs. He made a mistake, something we are all guilty of. For mine, this is the reaction thats been created by the racing industry caving in to a small vocal minority of zealous tree hugging idiots.

If the wounds were bad enough that the dog had to get put down than i disagree here

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CrossCodes
McInerney investigation complete
Category: News
Date: 06/10/2022

The RIB commenced an investigation in mid-March 2022 as a result of a referral from GRNZ about animal health and welfare concerns relating to 11 greyhounds taken to a Christchurch rehoming facility two months earlier on 14 January 2022.

A comprehensive investigation, including assessment of veterinary records by an independent veterinarian, has determined that one of the deregistered greyhounds had an injury that should have been diagnosed earlier by Mr McInerney prior to it being taken to the rehoming facility.
Once diagnosed by a veterinarian after the greyhound had been left with the rehoming facility, veterinary advice was not followed exacerbating the injury.

The remaining ten greyhounds met acceptable standards of welfare according to independent veterinary advice.

The greyhound had two partial toe amputations and has since been rehomed. Because the greyhound was deregistered in late 2021, Mr McInerney could not be subject to a charge under the greyhound racing health and welfare standards.

In making a decision not to charge Mr McInerney, the RIB considered the circumstances in conjunction with legal advice. Mr McInerney has been formally warned and advised that regardless of the racing rules, all greyhounds in his care are expected to receive the same high level of care.

In respect of deregistered greyhounds in the control of licensed persons GRNZ is reviewing their rules as a priority in consultation with the industry and the RIB.

The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) conducted their own assessment of the McInerney kennel when images of the greyhounds delivered to the rehoming facility first emerged earlier this year. They found no animal welfare issues with the greyhounds they inspected.

MPI has also been provided with a copy of the RIB investigation report into this matter.

Both of Mr McInerney’s kennels have been subject to RIB audits in the 2022 calendar year, during which each greyhound was assessed by an RIB employed veterinarian. Although tooth decay was found in some greyhounds, this was quickly rectified, and no other animal welfare issues were detected.

The RIB takes its animal welfare role very seriously and will investigate accordingly. The first priority when concerns are raised is the welfare of the animals.

Got off scott-free once again. Seems he is untouchable.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another breach of the Welfare Code yesterday.

Great timing Fahey's...

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/15225/stewards-report.aspx

2). CHATTY MAVIS (J & D Fahey) - declared a late scratching following race 11 when it was found this runner was ineligible due to an expired vaccination. Stewards will enquire into the circumstances surrounding this.

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Yet another breach of the Welfare Code yesterday.

Great timing Fahey's...

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/15225/stewards-report.aspx

2). CHATTY MAVIS (J & D Fahey) - declared a late scratching following race 11 when it was found this runner was ineligible due to an expired vaccination. Stewards will enquire into the circumstances surrounding this.

It's not something I would normally expect the RIB to pick up on, but even more especially, straight after a race but prior to the all-clear being given.

Someone must have tipped the RIB off & good on them! If it was the Fahey's themselves that would be showing some form of integrity. However, I doubt that will end up being the case.

They need to be held to account for a breach of the welfare code. Welfare is said to be paramount within the industry. One infraction of the welfare code is no more or less important than any other.

Since they are dual trainers the each one of them is just a responsible as the other in ensuring welfare. I expect that both of them should get the same two years that Howard Scott had received. Anything less will be favouritism.