Bit Of A Yarn

Written Questions for Winston and Messara to Answer.

Chief Stipe

On 21/08/2018 at 11:50 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

Does Harness Racing exist for you?

Your question has been clearly (and spectacularly) answered — No!

There are dozens of references to 'thoroughbred' in the report, but not  a single one to 'standardbred'.

A single sentence on p64 sums it up quite nicely: "Overall, we are confident that our proposals ... are in the best interests of the New Zealand thoroughbred racing industry." (emphasis added) Who cares about the rest of you!?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

25 minutes ago, Basil said:

Your question has been clearly (and spectacularly) answered — No!

There are dozens of references to 'thoroughbred' in the report, but not  a single one to 'standardbred'.

A single sentence on p64 sums it up quite nicely: "Overall, we are confident that our proposals ... are in the best interests of the New Zealand thoroughbred racing industry." (emphasis added) Who cares about the rest of you!?

There must be some powerful people in gallops pulling the strings to make sure it is all about them.

I never expected anything less after the budget announcements regarding racing. All for the galloping boys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

There must be some powerful people in gallops pulling the strings to make sure it is all about them.

I never expected anything less after the budget announcements regarding racing. All for the galloping boys.

Who cares  about Gallops???

What is going to happen with harness?

I can see that people are going to get very disillusioned with racing in NZ as a viable career.

• Champ Post 1